Old-school vaper needs recommendations, pl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMcVayp

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2013
Florida
Hi everyone - 9-year vaper here. I need to get some new vape equipment, but am totally lost with all this high temperature mega wattage stuff they have in the stores now. I use an Aspire CE with an istick mini. I'm down to my last box of coils and my last istick is on the blink. Went to a vape store and was totally lost with all the big-and-fancy stuff and the guy told me nothing is going to hit like what I'm looking for. What are "old school" nic vapers using these days that still has the cooler, gentler hits of the old equipment? Thank you!!

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
using these days that still has the cooler, gentler hits of the old equipment?
You might find Innokin's Coolfire Z80 Zenith 2 kit to your liking. Don't know if your vape shop carries it but it's popular. It uses Z-Coils, which should be around for awhile. Probably one of the best kits designed for MTL vaping that's around now. Not too complicated, either, but more flexible than the little pod kits.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah vape shops are pretty useless when it comes to old school vapers. I think they are mostly useless for anyone anymore lol.

If you want to buy the stuff you have now, your best bet is fasttech in china. Shipping is free for orders over $20 It will take a while to ship and be delivered to you, but it's hard to find all this stuff in one place with a USA retailer that is still shipping. It could take as long as 8 weeks to get your order, but usually quicker.

Aspire CE5-S BVC Tank Clearomizer (5-Pack) - use drop-down menu above "add to cart" button to choose between 3 colors. These are the same as the plastic aspire CE clearos except they are glass encased in metal. They are not easy to break becuse of the metal around the glass, so don't be afraid that they are glass. I have never broke one ever.

Aspire BVC/K1 coils - Coils for above clearomizer - use drop-down menu above "add to cart" button to choose different resistances and larger packs.

Eleaf Istick 30W - Better than the mini, just a little bit taller. Use drop-down menu above "add to cart" button to choose different colors (although the hot pink ships fastest.)

Buy as many as you can afford because this old hardware will not be available for much longer as it is "old school".

Fasttech can no longer accept paypal or credit/debit cards directly for vape products, so you have to first buy a gift certificate. You can buy these in exact amounts you need and they are giving 3% on top of the value. So as an example, if your order total is $72, then you should buy a gift cert for $69.90 and you will get $72 with the added 3% (equation is 72 / 1.03 = 69.90, (so total order value) / 1.03 = (gift cert amount you should buy) ).

Last edited:
    Reactions: MissMcVayp

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    I am a longtime vaper as well. I went back to old school and unretired all my Kayfun lites. Eight of them in total. Have ran them again the last two or three years. Newer mods I buy from sale bins and buy a few when on the cheap. Run my Kayfuns at 32.5 watts. Guess in short do you have any old tanks you could revisit again with newer style mods? CHEERS!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MissMcVayp

MissMcVayp

ECF Veteran
    Dec 25, 2013
    Florida
    OMG y'all - So I got the Mini Istick 2 and I'm loving it (plus it's pink!!). Set it at 3.8 volts and it gives me that perfect M2L, cooler flow, slow vape that is full of flavor (as opposed to being just full of hot air lol). I'm still using the old CS carts but it came with a GS Air 4 which I will try once I use up the old carts. Thank you all!!!!!

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    OMG y'all - So I got the Mini Istick 2 and I'm loving it (plus it's pink!!). Set it at 3.8 volts and it gives me that perfect M2L, cooler flow, slow vape that is full of flavor (as opposed to being just full of hot air lol). I'm still using the old CS carts but it came with a GS Air 4 which I will try once I use up the old carts. Thank you all!!!!!

Yay !
    That Mini iStick 2 is really cute !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread