Oliver Twist Smokeless, Has anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Kansas City Kansas
Yep, i am new to the in your mouth smokless tobacco, but I tried the Oliver Twist Tropical flavor.

it seems to be rolled up tobacco...like braided, and then cut so the are kinda cylindricar shaped and about 1/8th" in diameter and 1/4 inch long. Blackish looking.

The tropical I have taste very much like licorice until you chew it a bit, then it taste like a**. Otherwise, if you don't chew it and just leave it in place it seems to taste ok.

I have only used it a few times and have not been able to test the effectiveness of them as far as NIC and WTA uptake as I have been just loving snus. If I can go long enugh...I may be able to get a better idea of its abillities.

It is less than $5 and there is about 30 peices in the tiny little box, they are vacume sealed in a bag in the box...I just opend the bag at one end and left them all in there then put the bag in the box.

I just plain suggest you go to a tobacco shop or cigerette shop and find it there...I got mine locally and have seen them at bothe a cigar shop and cig shop.

Oh I din't spit and had no problems.

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Kansas City Kansas
Hey, no problem.

Glad I could help.

I go to head shops all the time ;), just go on in...there is nothin deivious going on in there LOL.

I like the camel snus, its over priced ( I did goto a shop and found them for $1.99 and got a 5 pack $10.71 after tax.) for what you get compaired to "real" snus.

You don't have any traditonal cigar shops or tabacco retail shops? I have several cigar shops, and many more cigerette discount shops, I have only gone to two recently and the both had the Oliver Twist.

Good luck on your search.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

You don't have any traditonal cigar shops or tabacco retail shops? I have several cigar shops, and many more cigerette discount shops, I have only gone to two recently and the both had the Oliver Twist.

I've made it a game of sorts to stop in any store I can think of to see if they may carry snus or snuff.

When I was a kid if the place was public and had a cash register there was a display of snuff. Everywhere.

I've checked the head shops as well and so far all I've found are the Camel products, in a few places. One discount store had a couple if snuffs from special order that fell through. They normally don't stock it.

All online for me...

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Hey, no problem.

Glad I could help.

I go to head shops all the time ;), just go on in...there is nothin deivious going on in there LOL.

I like the camel snus, its over priced ( I did goto a shop and found them for $1.99 and got a 5 pack $10.71 after tax.) for what you get compaired to "real" snus.

Good luck on your search.

lot of cigar stores, none carry snuff or snus a couple carry a little chew but I do not want to try that.

Looks like it will be online for me as well

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Kansas City Kansas
OTD, I just got finished checking out a few stores..to no avail =(

OK, so I have a new report with the Oliver Twist. I may try another flavor IDK yet.

Well I decided to try and wait out any cravings...no snus and minimal e-cig...then at 12:00 I poped the OT in my mouth, this time about 6 of them. I did get the tobacco that i needed as they sat there in place in my left cheek. I did taste some salt and the "tropical" I geuss but more of a licorice flavor, and some tobacco flavor. I then went through a seires of "ok its fine" and "blech I need to spit this out!" Even with 6 of them in my mouth there was NO drip whatsoever and no proplem swalowing what little it driped. OK so at 12:15 that was it, phlewie i spit it out. I then had lunch arround 1:00 and after that I puffed my e-cig and decided to try again but with just two...the want to spit them out was not as bad, they did there job but again I could no keep it in longer than arround 15 minutes.

All in all snus taste WWAAAYY better and is cheaper, and I know I said I might buy another flavor to try but I will probibly just not.

Oh, another tid bit....the OT left small bits of tobacco inbetween my teeth. Not sure I like that.

Well I hope you can read this all over the place post lol.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Actually, those are German style chewing tobacco (actually called that, although you don't need to chew) and I became rather fond of a similar style by the same manufacturer. Even in Germany, though, they are hard to get, so I never had many of them; especially since I found them wanting in nicotine delivery. (Then again, I was hardly a light smoker.)

They are all very liquoricy, but since I like that, I never minded. Considerably less salty than snus. I never tried the fruity flavours, though.

MacBaren too (a large Danish producer of pipe tobacco) has a similar brand, fairly new, two, maybe three years old. Mine says Rogfri Tobak (smokeless tobacco) on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread