Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Hello all,

Firstly, how have I been on here all this time and not known about this subsection?! I have been a vaper for years now and because of my love for tobacco, turned to snuff and chewing rather than smoking.

I have found a snuff I really enjoy (Wilsons of sharrow Spearmint plus) but have struggled when it comes to chewing. Up until recently I used Oliver Twist, which was Ok, but not amazing. So I ordered some Gawith Hoggarth twist in Spearmint. This I really enjoy, however, I am wondering how all you other chewers use this stuff? What do you cut it with to avoid it all breaking up? And if it does break up, do you put it all in regardless, or just stick to the main clump?

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

Many thanks

Ben

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The only person I know of that has tried the twists is long gone from the forum. I remember Twisted Victor mentioning that he tried it before. Most of us here just use snus in portion form. A few do use loose snus on occasion. I can't do it myself. I like the pouches that the portions come in.

Reactions: Ben85

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hi Ben and welcome. I agree with Hitt, i's a rather small group at this point as many have come and gone. I'd pose the question in the What's Under your Lip thread, there might be some lurkers, who knows. Like Hit, I'm a portion guy although I have done some los snus, it's just too messy for me unless I'm at home.

Reactions: Ben85

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Thanks for the replies guys. It's a shame that I appear to have joined the party too late!

I did try snus portions once, but it was so salty tasting that I really didn't enjoy it. Perhaps I just tried a bad one and should give it a go, but I feel I have all my bases covered at the moment what with vaping, snuff and chewing twist.

Reactions: hittman

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Hello Ben, welcome to our little slice of the tobacco underworld. I have no experience with twist tobacco but I am a fan of snus and snuff. The saltiness is present is most Swedish snuses, it's an ingredient used as a preservative. The good thing is that the salt taste usually doesn't last long before the tobacco flavor takes over. If you struggle with it, try using regular portions, and steer clear of the whites. The white portions are dryer and it takes longer for your saliva to clear out the salt. US snus might be a good alternative as they use sugar which lessens the salty taste. Check out the "what's under your lip" thread. As Roth mentioned, plenty of lukers there that might weigh in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread