Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I just picked up my first Nic Salt Smooth from Nude Nicotine.

There is so much conflicting information about nic salts vs Freebase Nic. that I wasn't sure what to expect.

I made a 17mg solution and am Squonking it on my eleaf Squeeze 2 and Vandy Vape Maze Atty at 68Watts.

Normally 17mg would be super harsh and I wouldn't be able to vape comfortably at this temp on this type of rig. BTW I'm definitely going to cut this down to 10mg.

I'm looking to vape less often but get a strong effect. Currently on my 5mg liquid I never feel satisfied but 10mg is way too harsh. Today Nic Salts have solved the harshness problem.

Well it tastes great but every time I take a deep vape, I get a head rush.

Never had this strong of a feeling using free base nic.

As a control I also bought 72mg freebase from them too so I tonight I'll make a identical juice using free base and compare. I'll update the thread later.

Also have Nic Salt from Nic River coming on Monday so I can compare brands

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I just picked up my first Nic Salt Smooth from Nude Nicotine.

As a control I also bought 72mg freebase from them too so I tonight I'll make a identical juice using free base and compare. I'll update the thread later.
Well I made a identical 17mg liquid with the only difference being a substitution of Nicotine Base. I did not get the same hard hit headrush that I got from the Nicotine Salt.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Nicotine Salt from Nude Nicotine. Is more absorb-able than the Free Base Nicotine.

It will be interesting to see how the Nicotine Salt from Nic River Compares.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I made a 50mg Nic Salt for my Artery Pal II. Amazingly enough it is vapable not too harsh.

Never vaped at 50mg before but on a small device it's quite effective. Can understand why the Juul has become so popular. A little pod device can give the same nic hit as a much larger device.

The Nic Salt really absorbs into the system much faster than free base. Taste wise the 50mg is fine but it's a little too strong in effect for me. I get a nicotine rush that's not so pleasant. Very strange it's like a rush that goes from my lungs and up my spine through my shoulders. But I don't get light headed. I find that I have to take a few breaths of Air. Actually not a fan of od on nic so I'm going to cut down to 30mg for the Pod.

I can't imagine how someone who isn't a smoker or vaping could vape on a 50mg Juul assuming that it's the same effect as I'm getting from my version.

I'm very intrigued by the Juul but because it uses PG and I'm allergic to PG, I can't imagine blowing $50.00 on a device I won't use.

Reactions: stols001

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
My next post will be a comparison of the Nude Nicotine Smooth Salt and Nicotine River Smooth Salt.

I would have done it by now but Nicotine River misshipped me Freebase Nic instead of the salt.

Customer service was stellar very quick and responsive. I submitted a Photo of what I received and they just asked me for a photo of the invoice then told me that they'd be shipping the replacement the next day.

So I end up with a bonus 250ml Free Base Nicotine.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I made a 50mg Nic Salt for my Artery Pal II. Amazingly enough it is vapable not too harsh.

Never vaped at 50mg before but on a small device it's quite effective. Can understand why the Juul has become so popular. A little pod device can give the same nic hit as a much larger device.

The Nic Salt really absorbs into the system much faster than free base. Taste wise the 50mg is fine but it's a little too strong in effect for me. I get a nicotine rush that's not so pleasant. Very strange it's like a rush that goes from my lungs and up my spine through my shoulders. But I don't get light headed. I find that I have to take a few breaths of Air. Actually not a fan of od on nic so I'm going to cut down to 30mg for the Pod.

I can't imagine how someone who isn't a smoker or vaping could vape on a 50mg Juul assuming that it's the same effect as I'm getting from my version.

I'm very intrigued by the Juul but because it uses PG and I'm allergic to PG, I can't imagine blowing $50.00 on a device I won't use.
The ethics issue most people seem to have with the juul is it uses really really high nic, and lowering the dose is quite difficult and only supported by hard to find third parties. It’s designed to addict and hold.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The ethics issue most people seem to have with the juul is it uses really really high nic, and lowering the dose is quite difficult and only supported by hard to find third parties. It’s designed to addict and hold.

Actually they've been coerced to lower the Nicotine and limit flavors. They've lowered it to 30% which is still darned high and in stores will only offer Mint and Tobacco.

If you want .5 nic or a variety flavors you can still buy online.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Is actually only 40mg of nic not 50. Also the 3% by weight is only 23mg not 30. It is just absorbed better.

JUULpods and E-Liquid FAQs - JUUL Support
Actually they are talking about the actual Amount in the .7ml Pod not the strength. Please read it again because if I understand it correctly they are putting a higher concentration in than we thought, not a lower one. So that over time it doesn't go below the 50% and 30%.
"
Each 5% JUULpod is designed to contain approximately 0.7mL with 5% nicotine by weight (approx. 40 mg per pod based upon 59 mg/mL) at time of manufacture. Each 3% JUULpod is designed to contain approximately 0.7mL with 3% nicotine by weight (approx. 23 mg per pod based upon 35 mg/mL) at time of manufacture. Nicotine content may decrease over an extended period of time."

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Is actually only 40mg of nic not 50. Also the 3% by weight is only 23mg not 30. It is just absorbed better.

JUULpods and E-Liquid FAQs - JUUL Support
That’s possible. Percentages are always tricky. 100mg/ml is NOT 100% nicotine. Not even close. Iirc pure nic is a bit heavier than water, so something over 1000mg/ml for pure nic.

That 30% claim is almost certainly wrong. 30%. nic would be somewhere in the 300mg/ml range which is getting well into dangerous enough to kill territory. I’ve never even seen nic sold at over 100mg/ml.

It’s a bit like hydrogen peroxide. The 3-5% stuff you can buy at the drug store is great for cleaning wounds and stuff, but 100% hydrogen peroxide is a wildly dangerous rocket fuel so unstable and nasty that even NASA won’t touch it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's the actual amount of freebase nicotine in each pod. However, they are using nicotine salts. It is nicotine by weight, why don't you read the patent all the information is in there.
Nah. Unless one is actually vaping a Juul, which isn’t happening here it’s useless. Juul nic salt is not necessarily the same weight as anyone else’s nic salt. The juul patent doesn’t matter because the information in it applies only to Juul stuff. That patents existence by definition means that any nic NOT made by Juul, which is everything not in a Juul pod in the first place, is going to be different because they have to use a different acid anyway.

This is a major reason I don’t trust salts. I don’t trust juul because of juul’s behavior, and I don’t trust anything not juul because of that patent.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
That 30% claim is almost certainly wrong. 30%. nic would be somewhere in the 300mg/ml range which is getting well into dangerous enough to kill territory. I’ve never even seen nic sold at over 100mg/ml.
It's 3% not 30%

I'm vaping 50mg Nic Salts on a Atopack Magic.

I'm still alive!

Reactions: charlie1465

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's 3% not 30%

I'm vaping 50mg Nic Salts on a Atopack Magic.

I'm still alive!
It often takes 40 years or more for cigarettes to kill someone. That it hasn’t taken a very short time to kill you isn’t particularly impressive to me. I like to know what I put in my body. Nic salts remain an unknown to me. I didn’t say they were bad and you shouldn’t do it. I said I don’t have enough information and won’t do it myself.

On the subject of the atopak magic though there was a dude looking at one really hard on another thread. I didn’t know enough about it to tell him how long that flat mesh “coil” lasts or whether or not it could be cleaned. Do you have any info on that? I’m curious.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi...I make my own salts using benzoic acid and I vape it in my POD at 36mg/ml. It doesn't give me much of a rush (maybe a tiny bit) but then I vape freebase in sub ohm set ups at 18mg/ml.

I don't doubt that the 36mg/ml salts would be too much if I put it in my sub ohm set ups :)

I haven't noticed any addictive properties to it or not more so than freebase anyway but I can see that it might be for some at high strength....it is definitely absorbed faster. I'll commonly use my pod first thing a couple of times and then freebase the rest of the day, unless I go out to something which requires a stealthy approach :)

Interesting to read your experiences...this is what I like....shared science :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I started with nic salts, moving more to freebase now. Have not noted a huge difference in anything health wise and yeah, it's anecdotal etc. However, I did not particularly worry about nic salts although certainly freebase has been around longer.

I do wonder about the potential "goodness" of ultra high nic salts etc (I DIY mine at 18 mg per ml and I vape MTL, for heaven's sakes) but yeah, if you don't want/need to use them I'm not sure I see the point. My throat was just all tore up when I got here. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: greek mule

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It often takes 40 years or more for cigarettes to kill someone. That it hasn’t taken a very short time to kill you isn’t particularly impressive to me. I like to know what I put in my body. Nic salts remain an unknown to me. I didn’t say they were bad and you shouldn’t do it. I said I don’t have enough information and won’t do it myself.

On the subject of the atopak magic though there was a dude looking at one really hard on another thread. I didn’t know enough about it to tell him how long that flat mesh “coil” lasts or whether or not it could be cleaned. Do you have any info on that? I’m curious.
Still too new with the Atopack Magic to give advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread