• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Omaha World Herald Article About Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
It is, and probably always will be, an uphill fight.

It never surprises me that any report, article or story about e-cigs keeps stating the same ol' thing, over and over again. The only benefit of these damn things is to keep asserting to the public that they are out there and a viable option.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Gotta give them credit for not saying they contain anti-freeze.

Yeah, no kidding. One of these days, a major publication or a major network will do an actual story about e-cigs and all of the benefits. Mind you, that day will probably be when one or two more tobacco companies, besides Lorillard, join the "crusade".

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I don't know if it was just Facundo screwing with me or if I actually read it, but I heard the company that makes Swisher Sweets was supposed to be jumping into the fray soon.

That would be the Swisher family..I'm going to look into that, but I don't know that I would mind them too much (granted, would prefer NO tobacco company) compared to Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds, etc.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Big tobacco=big $. Big tobacco stepping into our little world would, I'm myho, insure that vaping and supplies will be available. At what cost I don't know, but I don't intend to vape forever and if big tobacco can stave off the fda for a few years...

Who knows. A change is coming...It's inevitable. Just what that change will be is yet to be seen.

Best advice I can come up with is....
Buy nic..
Buy flavorings..
Buy natty light and invite me over:laugh:

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Big tobacco=big $. Big tobacco stepping into our little world would, I'm myho, insure that vaping and supplies will be available. At what cost I don't know, but I don't intend to vape forever and if big tobacco can stave off the fda for a few years...

Who knows. A change is coming...It's inevitable. Just what that change will be is yet to be seen.

Best advice I can come up with is....
Buy nic..
Buy flavorings..
Buy natty light and invite me over:laugh:

Once the FDA gets invited to the party, it's game over for sure..

Due for nic again, dunno if I want a barrel yet though..

What About Bob

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Nebraska
Lorillard bought Blu Cigs. I had some mixed feelings about it so I did some research. They bought the company the day the patent was approved. I believe that this is going to be good news for the consumer. The money big tobacco brings will ensure the continued production of product. And with larger manufacturers, a lower cost will follow. The only thing to worry about is the regulation of nicotine. However, there are precedents in place for pharmaceutical nicotine sales. That means if you can buy components separately and mix them yourself now, you should see no change. But the FDA is not known for leaving things that work alone.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
In theory it would mean that..but I would almost guarantee that BT would eventually corner the market and then screw over everybody else. Time will tell, though..

That's what I'm thinking. All the little mom and pop shops will go under.

Sent from my kitty paws...www.phiniac.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread