OMG - Close call a few minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious8

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
San Anselmo, CA, USA
I've been smoke free for a little over 5 months now, after a long life time of heavy smoking. Had my jeans jacket on, put my hand in the pocket and there was a full (but broken) American Spirit Cigarette staring me in the face. First reaction - ewwwww! Second reaction, following within seconds, was that enticing call to light it. Amazing how strong of a hold those stinkies have, even after 5 months of not even being near a cigarette. Fortunately I was with a friend (major anti-smoker, as are all Californians - sick) who helped me make the quick decision to dump it in the trash at the theater - would have flushed it down the toilet if at home - I know myself, and I would have been rummaging in the trash the second my friend left. Just thought I'd share - this scenario really blew me away, to feel up close and personal just what a junkie I still am. So happy to be vaping and having the forum available ...

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Like you, I've gone 5 months tomorrow. It's been 38 years and never stopped till now. Some times I'm curious what one would taste like. Still have 3 1/2 packs next to all my vape stuff. Had a few dreams I lite up, but that's about all. Here is how I see it. I've got so much invested, so much variety of juice, so many cartos, clearos and battery's that I can't reasonably take up smoking anymore. there's just to much invested here. Besides, where would I get the money to do both?

Congrat's on 5 months:toast:

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I've been smoke free for a little over 5 months now, after a long life time of heavy smoking. Had my jeans jacket on, put my hand in the pocket and there was a full (but broken) American Spirit Cigarette staring me in the face. First reaction - ewwwww! Second reaction, following within seconds, was that enticing call to light it. Amazing how strong of a hold those stinkies have, even after 5 months of not even being near a cigarette. Fortunately I was with a friend (major anti-smoker, as are all Californians - sick) who helped me make the quick decision to dump it in the trash at the theater - would have flushed it down the toilet if at home - I know myself, and I would have been rummaging in the trash the second my friend left. Just thought I'd share - this scenario really blew me away, to feel up close and personal just what a junkie I still am. So happy to be vaping and having the forum available ...
You should have lit it and taken a great big drag, and once you stopped choking and gagging you won't believe how great your ecig will taste. It was about two months of vaping without analogs that I noticed the pack I had in my pocket when I started vaping, it was about half full. I grabbed one, went to the back porch, lit it up and took a big drag. At first I thought my lungs were packing up and moving out, then it felt like my stomach was going to join my lungs, I finally got my breath back and put out the cancer stick. I've been a vaper ever since.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I would always give myself permission to smoke. It helps me not to smoke, knowing I have the "option." I have had exactly one drag in the last 10 months, as a "reward" for my making it a month smoke-free, and it was surprisingly disgusting. After the one puff, I put it out and haven't revisited since, as I now know that it doesn't work for me any longer. Good luck to you!

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I have a full pack in my glovebox. For some reason I feel the need to keep it there to enhance my willpower. It's only been 11 days though. I have had a few times in these 11 days where I've thought about grabbing one but thanks mostly to this forum and some mods that blow my old ego setup out of the water, I am holding my own. I don't know that I'll ever throw those things away... It's only weird if it doesn't work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread