Omg how do I pick a new rba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve used single micro coils for the past five years and coming back to see about what’s the latest I’m way confused. Probably about to get a low pro grand, but sure about RBAs anymore as I have used that same as OP, I vape unflavored with a tiny bit of menthol. I would love some recommendations as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: stols001

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve used single micro coils for the past five years and coming back to see about what’s the latest I’m way confused. Probably about to get a low pro grand, but sure about RBAs anymore as I have used that same as OP, I vape unflavored with a tiny bit of menthol. I would love some recommendations as well

I also use a single micro coil and a few years back I noticed that I wanted more air. I went with an Origen 16 and haven’t looked back. It’s an amazing little atty with a wide range of choices for airflow. (From MTL to almost wide open). I’ve been staying with 3 on my 2 LP’s and 1 P67. I’m sure there are other newer options but I’m pretty content.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
That’s all I want is something that I will be content with, I tried a reomizer 6 too airy can’t ramp down the air enough, Vandy Bonza- I can ramp down the draw but it just doesn’t taste as good as a smaller atty. ordering the wasp toctry it out. I usually just find something that works and use it. My reomizer 2.0 I’ve had for like 5 years

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I also use a single micro coil and a few years back I noticed that I wanted more air. I went with an Origen 16 and haven’t looked back. It’s an amazing little atty with a wide range of choices for airflow. (From MTL to almost wide open). I’ve been staying with 3 on my 2 LP’s and 1 P67. I’m sure there are other newer options but I’m pretty content.

Same here. The origen 16 is a great atty. I have four of them.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I'm back! My first Grand repair arrived, along with a couple of the Wasp Nanos. After 24 hours, 2 nic-buzz dizzy spells, and about 10 attempts at building a coil I like, I think I hit the sweet spot. 2 questions were generated from this, though.
1. I emailed Eric this one, but he's probably busy and you guys usually answer first. How do I adjust the 510 adjustable to re-aim my air holes? I think it requires a tiny allen wrench, but I don't have any that small at the house and would have to buy one. What size is it, or is there a household item I can use instead?
2. The Nano squonk screw - my old RBA didn't have one of those-it was a REO-built RBA. I've found it doesn't work when screwed in all the way to the atty - no power. I have to back it out about 1 1/2 turns to get power. Is this normal/known about this type of device, or am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: stols001

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yes was going to say the same but you should of recieved the black Alan wrench in the baggy that came with the mod.. but it was an upgrade.. would think it should of been included still?

Anyways its reverse threaded so clockwise will raise the screw.

You can get it close and if you need to move it a little more just tighten and loosen the rba over and over and the atty will turn the screw without needing to remove it and use the wrench.

But yes.. a toothpick will work just fine and great for when your out and about and need to adjust it.

Edit: q-tip would work as well.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry for the delayed response - the allen wrench size is 1.5mm. I haven't heard the toothpick or Q-tip tricks. I just tried them both in the shop and they worked fine. You're all such a creative bunch of problem solvers!

With all of the 510 swap-outs I have done, I never even thought about throwing in an allen wrench. Thanks for the idea and I'm going out to update the info in the shop and here in the office.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
You're all such a creative bunch of problem solvers!

"Cough... Cough.." Pro's - Reo experts! "Cough"

We vaper heads that have been around since nearly the begining had to be creative to keep on vaping! Haha

I'm used to being made fun of back when for always stating an o ring can fix it!

Yup that Alan key would sure help being included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread