On and Off, Soon to be On Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
Hello everyone! I've been meaning to sign up here for a little while, as recently I've decided I want to get back into vaping. I have a somewhat complicated history with the hobby though, so let me fill you in.
Years ago, I decided I wanted to try vaping. I had tried the really (Please do not evade the Forum's censors) stick setups that only get up to a few watts, before moving onto a simple iTaste kit. It was nice, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I ended up selling it to a friend, and didn't end up grabbing a different device for quite a while. Last year, after a hiatus from vaping, I wanted to make an attempt to get back into it. I got an all-in-one Smok Pen 22, my first intro to what it's like to vape on a sub-ohm coil. It was pretty nice, and pretty satisfying. That worked pretty well for a bit, but I ended up cracking the glass piece. My remaining coils burnt out, I didn't make a purchase for more of them, or a replacement glass (it eventually just completely shattered. Anyone know where to get the authentic glass piece and coils for the Smok Pen 22 for a good price?) In any case, after that, I went into another period where I didn't vape for a while.
Recently, I've decided that I'd love to get back into it. I want to get into DIY e-juice this time around as well, as that seems like an extremely fulfilling hobby in itself, and way to enjoy awesome juice for a lot cheaper. In any case, I don't have much of a budget to throw at new devices just yet (soon enough I'll be grabbing some good hardware) but I may potentially pull the trigger on a Vaptio Solo Basic II (~$11 inc. shipping with the coupon code from the Vaptio GAW thread). In any case, I'm glad to be signed up here, and looking forward to being a part of the community :)

Last edited by a moderator:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and glad you joined. I was a dilettante on and off again vaper for a long time, and I have discovered with vaping, the more I put into it, the more it gives back. There truly is an answer for anyone on the forum, at any time, like when I fell off the wagon this time I had SO much help and support climbing back on. LOL, people were giving me great advice I had given lots of times on the forum, but there is something about hearing it from SOMEONE else that is truly useful. I'm glad you are here, and glad I'm here. I don't know where to get the bubble glass for your tank, but I'm sure it's obtainable.

May also want to look into getting a backup device, often when vapers fail it's due to not having the necessary supplies (including coils, batteries and juice) on hand.

I wish you tons of luck!

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes good luck this time and hope that this time you will be more successful. I also agree about a back up, I know you mentioned a budget , but it's very important to have a spare device as you already know. If something happens to your new device, it may take over a week to obtain a new one and those ciggys will bea calling. Obviously, if you can only get the one it's better then none, but two is even better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
If I didn't already have a setup I like (that I have hoarded way beyond my old age), I would be absolutely in the dark myself. All my gear is obsolete nowadays, so I can't really help you. I seriously hope you get some answers.

Whatever you decide, please find some way to avoid inhaling burning plant matter and the smoke thereof.

Good luck, sir.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm glad to be signed up here, and looking forward to being a part of the community
Welcome and glad you joined.
My remaining coils burnt out, I didn't make a purchase for more of them, or a replacement glass (it eventually just completely shattered. Anyone know where to get the authentic glass piece and coils for the Smok Pen 22 for a good price?)
Might want to ask the above question in the forum below, these knowledgeable folks may be able to direct you to the right reseller:
Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread