Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
is it the same as "shake and vape" ?

No, it's not. Any eliquid can be referred to as a "shake and vape" one, if it's ready to vape as soon as it's made...with no aging or steeping required. It doesn't matter if it's a single flavoring mix, a complex mix of many flavorings, or a one shot.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
what's the difference between a "one shot" and an actual flavor?

@glasseye hit it spot on as far as what a "one shot" actually is and why it's so easy to use. That's why many people really like them!

However, they're called different things by various manufacturers. "One Shots" is just 1 common name for them. There are others, too. For example, OSDIY calls their own proprietary flavorings like that... "One Stop Flavors" and "One Stop Blends".

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I was confused as to how a one shot would not need to steep, like any other flavor. So most of them don't need to steep?
I find very few that don't need a steep or at least an overnight rest. I think it depends on how new/old the ingredients are in that bottle and whether they have blended together for the finished product.

my 2 pennies.

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I was confused as to how a one shot would not need to steep, like any other flavor. So most of them don't need to steep?
Most need a minimum of 3 days imo, some a week or two. Very few sft or one shots are good off the shake for me.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I feel a little silly asking this, but what's the difference between a "one shot" and an actual flavor?
I believe the original intend was to mimic a mix of several single flavors like pancakes with syrup and whip cream other than a single flavor such as almond. Might like to read:
FlavorWorkshopHow

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They're just all different, sorry. Some really do need a bit of a steep. As a general rule, fruits often don't need a ton of steeping while bakery, tobaccos, sometimes chocoolates need more.

Also, perhaps I am just a tinkerer, but like, I find it pretty rare to find a one shot I can't improve slightly, at least for me.

I think they can be a great thing to have on hand, especially if you like the one shot, you know you don't have a ton of time for mixing and etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread