Online Vape Stores & Out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouthycat

Jul 27, 2016
I mention this because I'm an avid shopper of vape equipment. I look more than I buy but I have noticed some things. I see "sold out" a lot & have now for a couple months. And compared to last year there seemed to be fewer St. Patty's Day & Easter sales. Black Friday last Christmas season was robust though. I can only speculate that demand is surging & supply chains aren't keeping up. As demand increases the need for sales is less. Prices have edged a little higher but not too much. My observations are mostly concerning U.S. vendors.

Mouthycat

Jul 27, 2016
Yes. I agree. About clearance items.. I love the clearance section, bargain bins, etc. I've only been vaping about 3 years so I'm not a good name dropper of veteran equipment brands & models. However, tanks like the Gemini, Herakles, Arctic, Ammit 22 & Crown 1 & 2, etc. are starting to appear more in clearance as the Beast tanks, Kylin, Kensei, Berserker mini/nano crowd move to the top. And mods like the Coolfires are no longer easy to find. There's also a disturbing trend toward tacky, gawdy and/or juvenile design both in tanks & especially mods. The "sold out" thing for weeks & weeks without restocking still aggravates me the most. If they can't get any more, they should take it down.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
And mods like the Coolfires are no longer easy to find.

I picked up some of my favorite Coolfire IV 40W mods from RaveVapor several months ago, for $25each on sale. They don't always have a sale going on them, but usually do still have them at least.

A few other websites, for a good amount of Clearance stuff usually, are 101Vape, EVCigarettes, TexasSelectVapor, DesertVapes, and a few others I regularly check. One website with an on-going 30% off coupon code...is RockyMountainVapor. His regular prices aren't the lowest to start with, but most have been reduced slightly already. So by the time you then take off that 30%, too... AND get free S/H with just a $14+ order...it's hard to beat usually.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There may also be some lag going on from the Chinese New Year shutdowns that occur every year. All the workers travel home from the big cities to their province and straggle back in afterwards. Happens every year and it takes a while for factories and shippers to get back into full production.

The Chinese New Year 2018: How it Affects Importers

The Chinese New Year of 2018 starts on February 16th, and lasts until March 2nd. While many of us who work in Asia are painfully aware of the Chinese New Year, and the coming disruption to all production, many Importers are caught completely off guard.

As if the rush to get your shipments in time for Christmas is not enough, you now have to make sure that your goods are ready well before your supplier close the shop for CNY 2018. During this holiday, all factories are shut down. Without exception.

While the official holiday only lasts for around a week to ten days, most factories are closed for an entire month. With severe delays to be expected once they open up again in March.

This time is especially risky for products that are due for shipment in the spring and summer season. Think swimwear and outdoor furniture.

Now is the time to prepare, and in this article, I will explain how you can avoid delayed shipments and quality issues during the Chinese New Year of 2018.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I wonder if a number of stores are adjusting to the constant stream of new versions and styles and keeping lower stock levels. New products become "old" very quickly at this time in the vaping industry.

I'll second this one. New tanks and mods come flying out every week. As a vendor it's either keep inventory levels lower or risk dumping a lot of stuff out on clearance to recoup some of the investment. Companies like Smok make this a real problem for a vendor. Do you order up more G Priv 2's if a G Priv 3 is bound to be released in two weeks?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Eightvape.com, 101vape.com and eciggity.com have been great. They're my go-to vendors in the states. Often their prices beat the Chinese warehouse joints. Ecig-city.com also has great prices but they're laid back when it comes to shipping.

The out-of-stock bug bites every spring. @Eskie is right about inventory decisions. The upside is that when a vendor guesses wrong, we get deals like eightvape.com's $5.00 tank sales.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Has anyone used directvapor or vapordna?
I just bought some things from Direct Vapors. My first buy was an Eleaf power 80 and a Sense tank. Got here in 3 Days! So I went back and got a Tarot mini kit, which I’m in love with. Then went back for an rda lol. I don’t normally shop like that, I buy stuff when I need to replace something, but I must have caught a shiny bug lately. I may go back again for another Tarot.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Tarot is fun, and I have one. I would just note (in case you are planning to use it as a backup vape) that internal battery mods do have a shelf life when stored, and battery capacity drops. So with internal battery mods, well you do sort of want to use them right away. If that's your purpose I'd suggest something else, if you just love the kit and want to load up another one with different flavors, well, do it. :) I won mine but I've really enjoyed it as a tank and tiny setup.

I do tend toward internal battery mods as my "backups" as when my battery fails, I can just replace the battery and etc.

Sales can be fantastic, and sometimes if I want a backup of something, I can wait. Other times I just want a double right away that I can put into use.

I do agree that things kind of "come and go" as it were. I was dismayed/delighted to love provape products, for example, as they are now out of business and procuring them can be difficult (and expensive) but happily, I am over my "provari madness" days, (as well as over most everything, ATM) I'm pretty stocked up and have a bunch of setups running that I love. I jumped in with enthusiasm but have noticed my desires receding a bit now that I feel "all set." I must say, I don't regret a single penny of what it took to get me "stably vaping" (and I made errors along the way, too, but gave away and etc., what I knew I would "never use").

Also a reason I don't even want to try a squonker, as that seems to be its own rabbit hole and I am content with not knowing what I'm missing.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent, but yes, if you love the mini, get one. Just know it has a shelf life (as does your current tarot mini) because it's an internal battery mod that will (probably over a fair amount of time) eventually stop holding charge, or your USB port may fry and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
New tanks and mods come flying out every week.

This is exactly why the FDA is moving to enforce the regs. Manufacturers couldn't play it cool and sneak a few things out periodically under the radar. Some of them pushed into high gear pushing out new stuff at blinding speeds and attracting the attention of the FDA.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no clue, man. It was a while ago and an AWESOME win, but yes my luck is better than many.

Unfortunately, I can bet on something like "Who gets to clean the toilet" and win (my husband will no longer play cards with me, for example) I seem to make out like a bandit. I've tried gambling and hated it (could never get past the house always wins and the only game I'd be willing to play would be poker, and I don't really enjoy counting cards for money etc.) But I've tried gambling, not enjoyed it and etc.

The husband sometimes buys lottery tickets (LOL, I call it a tax on stupidity, that or, well some enthusiastic optimism) but when it comes to games, I win a lot (even my mom got disgusted at not being able to beat me at Skipbo, but it's ALL in the discard piles, heh) and when it comes to lucky, I guess in a lot of ways I am.

But, who knows. I'd rather be lucky and finish and sell my book than win the lottery (I'm going to believe I will be "lucky" heh, as such matters can be as equally fruitless and difficult and long odds, when it comes to the lottery.)

But, I kinda prefer the "fruits of my labor" routes.

I don't even really enter competitions unless it's something that suits my vaping style, I mean, no point winning something just to give away, although I have given away like 4 various, no counting my kid, 6 various things I won, and I love starter kits to hand to new vapers and etc. LOL.

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
The Tarot is fun, and I have one. I would just note (in case you are planning to use it as a backup vape) that internal battery mods do have a shelf life when stored, and battery capacity drops. So with internal battery mods, well you do sort of want to use them right away. If that's your purpose I'd suggest something else, if you just love the kit and want to load up another one with different flavors, well, do it. :) I won mine but I've really enjoyed it as a tank and tiny setup.

I do tend toward internal battery mods as my "backups" as when my battery fails, I can just replace the battery and etc.

Sales can be fantastic, and sometimes if I want a backup of something, I can wait. Other times I just want a double right away that I can put into use.

I do agree that things kind of "come and go" as it were. I was dismayed/delighted to love provape products, for example, as they are now out of business and procuring them can be difficult (and expensive) but happily, I am over my "provari madness" days, (as well as over most everything, ATM) I'm pretty stocked up and have a bunch of setups running that I love. I jumped in with enthusiasm but have noticed my desires receding a bit now that I feel "all set." I must say, I don't regret a single penny of what it took to get me "stably vaping" (and I made errors along the way, too, but gave away and etc., what I knew I would "never use").

Also a reason I don't even want to try a squonker, as that seems to be its own rabbit hole and I am content with not knowing what I'm missing.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent, but yes, if you love the mini, get one. Just know it has a shelf life (as does your current tarot mini) because it's an internal battery mod that will (probably over a fair amount of time) eventually stop holding charge, or your USB port may fry and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Anna
I goofed, I said mini but it’s actually a nano. Nano has the internal battery, but mini takes two 18650s. Other than that, and color choices, I think they’re the same thing.

Personally, I do better with internals, but I can see why other people prefer the other way.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I got my stuff from eightvape last week. Good stuff! Also I used VaporDNA for a few Aspire CF VV last year. Both good sites. eightvape is a little cheaper compared to vapordna. I am planning to get a Smoant Cylon black one. Most of the places are out of stock or the over priced or the gun-metal is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread