Only tasting flavor sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Some atomisers gurgle when they are flooded, I don't know what you're using or if it would do that. When I think mine is flooded I blow through the battery side onto a tissue. Sometimes I roll the tissue up and squeeze it into the atomiser chamber until it touches the mesh. It absorbs juice from the atomiser that way. Then drysmoke it for a few puffs to see if that was the problem. If that wasn't the problem then the atomiser might be too dry, dripping a couple of drops of juice straight onto it should sort it.

Really it's a matter of experience, you'll get to know how much juice is right for a particular atomiser, they're all different.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
What should I be looking into the most when all I can get is the burning taste mixed with the flavor? Like for instance, my battery just starting blinking bc it is dying again (btw, this is happening more frequently now) and I screwed on a fresh charged battery and all I can now get is the burning taste. Why would this happen? 10 minutes of messing with the thing, dripping more liquid into the cart, looking in the atomizer for any fibers, and it's still giving me the burning taste after every puff..sometimes bad, sometimes really bad. What else could be causing this burning taste? I've never wanted to scream so loudly before lol.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I posted a thread about batteries not too long ago and forgot all about why the batteries blink. They blink when they are dying...when you have sucked too much too quick...and when it is self cleaning. After it auto cleans the taste is horrendous! In case you didn't think of this I thought I would post it; maybe why it "seems" your batteries are dying quickly but are just blinking for other reasons.

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Good guess but nope. I've known all 3 signals for a while now...too much puffing in 15 seconds equals a short few blinks, battery dying equals more blinks..about 10 seconds or so, and self-cleaning is a much longer blinking and sizzling sound. I know them all too well..
It is definitely the battery dying that it is showing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Just to reiterate my last post above if anyone can help:

What should I be looking into the most when all I can get is the burning/plastic taste mixed with the flavor? Like for instance, my battery just starting blinking bc it is dying again (btw, this is happening more frequently now) and I screwed on a fresh charged battery and all I can now get is the burning taste. Why would this happen? 10 minutes of messing with the thing, dripping more liquid into the cart, looking in the atomizer for any fibers, and it's still giving me the burning taste after every puff..sometimes bad, sometimes really bad. What else could be causing this burning taste? I've never wanted to scream so loudly before lol.

EDIT: even after doing the water/blowing method of cleaning this atomizer where I drop water in it a few times followed by a strong blowing on the battery-end plus tapping on the bottom to get all the water out, followed by a few new drops of liquid in the atomizer...it still has the hint or more of the burning taste even a while after smoking again. And I am leaving enough time for it to cool just in case it is because of that, and no luck. I've tried cleaning and replacing atomizers, replacement of the liquid in the cartridge filler, ahhhhh!!!! What the **** is it?!?

Last edited:

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
okay scratch that, I'm trying with a charged battery and now all I get is either no flavor or that **** burned taste...omg I'm this close to giving up. Honestly, it's so rare that I get the flavor that tastes so good or that I get it without the awful burning taste..EVEN when there are no filler pieces sticking out, none stuck on the atomizer coil, and nothing else to give a reason for why it's got the burning taste. I hate this and I really want it to work.

It sometimes almost seems like the only time the atomizer is getting anything to vape is when the excessive liquid from the cart is dripping into the atomizer, not when it should be getting it from the filler. But I can't tell obviously from the outside of it.

Sounds like your atomizer went through a cleaning cycle (the light blinks ten times and atomizer heats up). That foul burning taste will be around for another 50 hits or so. For future reference, whenever your battery starts blinking and you know it's charged, screw it off and stop that cleaning cycle to avoid that taste. The cycle itself is pretty useless anyway. In the mean time, try cleaning it out to get rid of the taste. What I did when mine did the same thing was set the atomizer in a cup of isopropyl (sp) alcohol overnight, then wash it thoroughly in warm to hot water, sometimes filling it up with the water on the cart side and closing off the battery end and shaking the water inside a good couple of times. Do this about four or five times to make sure you get all olf that alcohol and extra gunk out. Then set it cart-side down on a paper towel or something similar to let it drain for a few hours. Once it's nice and dry, drop one or two drops of liquid using the dripping method and put in a topped off cart. It'll take a couple of puffs to break in since it'll be like new, but after that, it's smooth sailing. Hope this helps!

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008

lynchite

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
North West UK
It's quite funny to read the tone of agitation in people who are coming off the cigs, I know I'm in the same boat myself, there's nothing worse than needing a smoke and your bloody e-cig isn't firing on all cylinders. I don't get any taste with the 36mg marlboro totally wicked juice either, I can smell it but no taste... hope this thing isn't deadening my taste buds.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
It's quite funny to read the tone of agitation in people who are coming off the cigs, I know I'm in the same boat myself, there's nothing worse than needing a smoke and your bloody e-cig isn't firing on all cylinders. I don't get any taste with the 36mg marlboro totally wicked juice either, I can smell it but no taste... hope this thing isn't deadening my taste buds.

No, what's worse is when the ****ing delivery service is incapable of doing their job and not getting your products to you like they were supposed to. THAT is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread