Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I went out of town over the weekend with my sister and a friend. Friend was curious about my ecig even though she had not smoked in 11 years..........she wanted...I gave her a weekend set up. 650 ego type battery and and an evod on it with krankberry in it. She had to hide it from her 11 year old.....weekend over, she gave it back.

Got a text yesterday, she needs me to get her a kit together lol. I don't think I intended a nonsmoker to now be a vaper but it happened! She said vaping was 100% better than smoking in her opinion....it was more pleasurable! I also saw a guy smoking outside a restaurant....I vaped on my vamo getting into the car and told him he too could vape somewhere other than rain :) He said my brother has one of those where did you get it. I referred him to this forum.

Tracey <~~feel a little guilty creating a vapor!

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
My fiance was a smoker for about a year and a half (this is a good 4 years ago - don't worry, we just got engaged this past September :laugh:) and I'm 8 months on ecigs now. After a while of me vaping on the couch with her, she wanted to try it. She said the flavor was awesome and much more pleasurable than smoking ever was, but the throat hit was ridiculous since she hadn't been smoking actual cigarettes for some time.

I bought her the juice she liked the most at 0mg nicotine and set her up with one of my spare Inferno batteries (standard eGo variation). She said she doesn't even inhale, just likes the taste and the "blowing out smoke" aspect, not to mention being able to participate in the social aspect of sharing a smoke with me every once in a while.

That being said, she's been using that battery without recharging for 2 weeks now (it's a 650 mAh) whereas I have to charge mine daily.

At some point, I guess we all need to pick our poison. :unsure:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
who knows how close she was to going back to smoking anyway,,,,

in my experience (I quit smoking FIVE TIMES, once for FIVE YEARS before going back to smoking), it's like being an alcoholic,,,,,,no matter HOW LONG you are quit,,,,,,,there is ALWAYS the chance of going back,,,,,,you may be a non smoker,,,,,but you are always addicted.

she may have been fighting it for weeks before asking to try your ecig,,,,,,,better than picking up the smokes again, IMHO.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
This is my take on the situation also. I wouldn't feel bad about introducing her to vaping, at all. The longest I stopped smoking before picking up vapor was about a year and a half.. after the first year I felt like I had the habit kicked.. all it took was a super stressful day the mistake of bumming a smoke from a friend and I was right back where I started, bought a pack on my way home that night :facepalm:

If she likes vaping half as much as I do then I'd say you pretty much eliminated the likelihood she'll ever go back to puffing stinkies :D

who knows how close she was to going back to smoking anyway,,,,

in my experience (I quit smoking FIVE TIMES, once for FIVE YEARS before going back to smoking), it's like being an alcoholic,,,,,,no matter HOW LONG you are quit,,,,,,,there is ALWAYS the chance of going back,,,,,,you may be a non smoker,,,,,but you are always addicted.

she may have been fighting it for weeks before asking to try your ecig,,,,,,,better than picking up the smokes again, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread