Op-ed in The Hill you might want to Digg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
A thousand apologies if it's already here, but I cannot find it if it is.

FDA?s drug and e-cigarette warnings counterproductive - TheHill.com

Excerpt:

Similarly, this summer, the FDA warned about the safety of e-cigarettes, a product many smokers are using to quit smoking real cigarettes. E-cigarettes are devices that supply users with vaporized nicotine and look like cigarettes, many even having an LED light at the tip. These products, which contain no tobacco and are non-combustible, eliminate virtually all the risks of smoking. For the vast majority of smokers unable to quit even with the help of drugs and counseling, e-cigarettes could be a lifesaver.

Yet the FDA found tiny levels of carcinogens in the product and warned smokers to stay away, essentially telling them to go back to deadly cigarettes. ...The FDA, newly armed with regulatory power over tobacco, will make it harder for people to quit smoking cigarettes by warning them away from disfavored alternatives.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
OUTSTANDING article that should be read by every human being on planet earth.

Dugg for sure, and commented as follows...
As someone who has never believed in black helicopters, and has always figured that the best interests of the American Public are at the forefront of the hearts and minds of our government in general, I am sad to say that my view is changing rapidly. The electronic cigarette is saving my life, right now, as I type this. And the very thought that they would like to take them away from me is beyond my ability to comprehend. Sure, I now understand the money issues involved. But can it really be that they want to kill me in pursuit of the almighty dollar? The evidence is very clear and speaks loudly, and all signs point to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread