Opinion Needed - DCT Map Tank Vs Liquinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
Both tanks are almost exactly the same except one mild differance. Sorry Ejoker, but the Liquinator DOES have the inner O-ring. The ONLY differance is the Liquinator's caps have a lip on the outer edge of them to make it easier to disassemble and clean. Other than that they both have polycarbonite tubes with choice of white or black delrin caps and 4 O-rings.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I just ordered the DCT MAP yesterday. Deciding factor was the lip. I've done alotta reading on the subject. Both appear idententical except the lip on the Liquinator.

My biggest worry is with leaking. I LOVE my DCs! I've read about leaking from the connector due to the light-weight filler in the DC cartos. I built a cheap tank from another tutorial to try the DCs and it did indeed leak from the connector. I will attempt punching holes instead of cutting when I receive my DCT MAP.

Will report back...

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Almost 55hrs on this baby and the only leakage was from operator error lol. I didn't pull the tank up high enough when topping-off and the liquid went directly into the carto top and came out the punched hole.

I'm at a steady 4.2v and unlike DCs, alone, I'm going through 4-5ml/day vs 3-4ml with a DC un-tanked. I'm guilty of letting a DC go a little too dry, so with the constant flow, I'm thinking this contributes to the increased liquid quantity.

MiXoLoGiSt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
SoCal
Which one is better for High Voltage Vaping on the Provari? I would like to use my provari at 5-6v with a DCT tank. Is that possible? From what i read it is a pain to use a Dual Coil on the provari since the provari limits the resistance you can use at a certain voltage and heard that most of the Dual Coils wont let you vape above 4.6v normally with a 2.0ohm dual coil.

Its kinda made me lean towards the 3ML or 5.5ML PHAT Liquinator since you can use Boge cartos in them that have a normal resistance of about 2.8 ohms and vape at 6V no problem. I do like the look of the DCT Map tank better though so im kinda undecided on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread