Opinion on upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Hello,

Ive been using g-priv 1 for a while, mod getting too old now. So Ive decided to upgrade it, however I have no clue to what to upgrade.. :D

Any opinions? I thought of getting Minikin reborn, looks awesome, thought people said have problems with it.

Tesla is also an option, I heard the liquit gets into gears alot somehow..

Please tell me something I could use, not mechanical mods thought, wouldnt know what I am doing it, so I dont really want to touch it :).

Thanks in advance, I know this community is awesome! :p

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Tell us more about what and how you vape, what tanks you use, watts preferred, etc.
Well, I usually get RTA tanks, bought a Wotofo Bravo recently, loving it so far, not a big fan of RDA, atleast didint really try it. Usually go for somewhat 0.20 - 0.50 ohms builds, more for flavor chasing, love the clouds aswell, preffer it to be dual battery I would guess, since I wouldnt really get used to single one. Usually go for arround 50 w. Thought depending from build I guess Id jump to 100 tops, so 220 is way to much for me, thought having the option is allways nice haha. Well despite that I guess nothing else.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
The Tesla has a good reputation for reliability. The gears on Teslas are cosmetic pressings on the case only. There are no functional gears to gum up
yeh I know that they are cosmetic, but some people say they jave juice problem when it leaks smehow. Hmm but maybe it was just a shait opinion, Should I consider getting TESLA WYE 200W, TESLA PUNK 220W?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, I usually get RTA tanks, bought a Wotofo Bravo recently, loving it so far, not a big fan of RDA, atleast didint really try it. Usually go for somewhat 0.20 - 0.50 ohms builds, more for flavor chasing, love the clouds aswell, preffer it to be dual battery I would guess, since I wouldnt really get used to single one. Usually go for arround 50 w. Thought depending from build I guess Id jump to 100 tops, so 220 is way to much for me, thought having the option is allways nice haha. Well despite that I guess nothing else.
Do you use temp control?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
yeh I know that they are cosmetic, but some people say they jave juice problem when it leaks smehow. Hmm but maybe it was just a shait opinion, Should I consider getting TESLA WYE 200W, TESLA PUNK 220W?
I can’t speak to that. Iirc @stols001 has a Tesla and may be able to offer better data

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would recommend getting a regulated mod with a DNA chipset. IMHO, they are more robust and battery efficient.

For example: I have in the last couple of years used a 3-battery RX200, a 2-battery Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus, and a single-battery JAC Vapour series B DNA75W.

I use the same Samsung30Q 3000mah 15A batteries used in rotation, using the same tank, and usually vape around 30 watts. I get a full days use with each mod before needing to change out the battery(s). I attribute the better battery efficiency to the DNA chip.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
I would recommend getting a regulated mod with a DNA chipset. IMHO, they are more robust and battery efficient.

For example: I have in the last couple of years used a 3-battery RX200, a 2-battery Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus, and a single-battery JAC Vapour series B DNA75W.

I use the same Samsung30Q 3000mah 15A batteries used in rotation, using the same tank, and usually vape around 30 watts. I get a full days use with each mod before needing to change out the battery(s). I attribute the better battery efficiency to the DNA chip.
Well, where I live, we dont really have alot DNA ones, we have paranormal ones, but they are lil bit too expencive for me I think. we do have segelei, I was looking into it, not that much to get an opinion, but it doesnt look bad. The only affordible dna I could find was HCIGAR VT75 EVOLV DNA75, but it doesnt look that gread :D. Im a man of looks haha. With battery life though, gpriv is holding really good, with VTC6. But Ive allways wondered about segelei one.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
If it's in the budget I would first suggest a DNA device, if not take a look at Smoant regulated mods. They are solid performers. The Tesla Nano, Steampunk, and WYE are well thought of. Think Vape Exus Ark and Modified Sirius are worth a look too.
we dont really have any of ur named ones, we have tesla ones though and CHARON TC 218. Not sure about that one, but Im leaning towards tesla right now I guess. Do you have any recommendations about Minikin reborn though, maybe I should wait for it?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, where I live, we dont really have alot DNA ones, we have paranormal ones, but they are lil bit too expencive for me I think. we do have segelei, I was looking into it, not that much to get an opinion, but it doesnt look bad. The only affordible dna I could find was HCIGAR VT75 EVOLV DNA75, but it doesnt look that gread :D. Im a man of looks haha. With battery life though, gpriv is holding really good, with VTC6. But Ive allways wondered about segelei one.
Which Sig and where are you at?

Reactions: stols001

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
The Tesla WYE and Nano 120 are both good devices, I own both and they're doing their job. The Nano 120 is on the heavier side, the WYE is light as a feather. For non-DNA devices their temp control is very good.
If you're restricted on the budget side then Tesla is one of the manufacturers I'd recommend.
Glad to hear another positive review about tesla, deffo leaning towards it

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
we dont really have any of ur named ones, we have tesla ones though and CHARON TC 218. Not sure about that one, but Im leaning towards tesla right now I guess. Do you have any recommendations about Minikin reborn though, maybe I should wait for it?
I have the Charon tc and it is a good device. Minikin Reborn gets good reviews from users and the Minikin v2 is extremely popular and well loved. Is ordering online not an option for you?

Reactions: stols001

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
I have the Charon tc and it is a good device. Minikin Reborn gets good reviews from users and the Minikin v2 is extremely popular and well loved. Is ordering online not an option for you?
eh it is, but I like to check it how it fits my hand, since I checked how minikin v2 stands in my hand, and I found it a lil bit too small, idk, felt like a toy more than a vape.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
eh it is, but I like to check it how it fits my hand, since I checked how minikin v2 stands in my hand, and I found it a lil bit too small, idk, felt like a toy more than a vape.
Tesla Nano is small but heavy, nice hand feel for me. Have read the Punk is surprisingly comfortable to hold and of course bigger.

• Informative
Reactions: LOWLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread