Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Buying batteries from a Chinese vendor isnt a good Idea. Cloned cells can be extremely dangerous.

Illumn.com is my choice.

True. It can be. But, we did verify that these batteries are indeed authentic was my point. I love Illumination Supply as well. GB had a great sale and we could not pass up $4 each shipped per battery for genuine cells.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
True. It can be. But, we did verify that these batteries are indeed authentic was my point. I love Illumination Supply as well. GB had a great sale and we could not pass up $4 each shipped per battery for genuine cells.

I understand.

I, personally, wouldn't have.
There really isnt a way to verify the cells until you have them in hand.

I have trusted Illumn for cells long before there was a vape scene or an ECF.
;)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I understand.

I, personally, wouldn't have.
There really isnt a way to verify the cells until you have them in hand.

I have trusted Illumn for cells long before there was a vape scene or an ECF.
;)

Not in this case. There is a well known vaper that got them first and announced his findings. Come on now. I have been at this awhile ;)

I will add that if you are not absolutely certain about a battery and it's authenticity, it is never a good idea to buy it except from a well respected seller. I was just adding my :2c: here since a member mentioned that he made a purchase of them already.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
BTW- I am fairly certain that in the vaping world, I was the first to find and buy from Illumination Supply. I was searching for a charger and searched off the normal grid for vapers. Not that it matters but, I do not advocate taking any type of risks when it comes to batteries.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Not in this case. There is a well known vaper that got them first and announced his findings. Come on now. I have been at this awhile ;)

I will add that if you are not absolutely certain about a battery and it's authenticity, it is never a good idea to buy it except from a well respected seller. I was just adding my :2c: here since a member mentioned that he made a purchase of them already.
Ahh so you got them from another vaper.... Who verified authenticity AFTER the fact.
Gotcha.

My advice is "Never buy cells from a Chinese vendor". The small savings ($2 or so) really isnt worth the risk IMHO.

Reactions: oplholik

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
BTW- I am fairly certain that in the vaping world, I was the first to find and buy from Illumination Supply. I was searching for a charger and searched off the normal grid for vapers. Not that it matters but, I do not advocate taking any type of risks when it comes to batteries.

Illumn has been aroumd for a long time.
Their store here in Cali is an old source for flashlight enthusiasts hunters and fishermen.

Reactions: Marst

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I do quite a bit of buying with GB, but I pay a little extra
for tracking if my order is under $40 (Tracking # is included
with $40+ orders). The first order I placed way back vanished
from the face of the earth (No tracking #), but a forum GB
rep eventually gave me a full PayPal refund.

In my case, Non-battery orders usually arrive in 6 business days
while orders with batteries usually take up to a month (Netherlands
Post can be slow at times).

FYI: The Samsung and LG 18650 batts I've ordered are all genuine.

There's a Gearbest rep on ECF now, so if you have an issue, send
her a PM.

Krystal (ECF User - Krystal00 )

Vapor.Gearbest All The Latest Vape Products At Amazing Prices!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ahh so you got them from another vaper.... Who verified authenticity AFTER the fact.
Gotcha.

My advice is "Never buy cells from a Chinese vendor". The small savings ($2 or so) really isnt worth the risk IMHO.

No. I got them from GB directly after reading results from a well known vaping personality. Many people that I know ( one is a mod builder, very tech savvy and very knowledgeable about electronics) have been buying them for months now. What we have are authentic. Capiche?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I do quite a bit of buying with GB, but I pay a little extra
for tracking if my order is under $40 (Tracking # is included
with $40+ orders). The first order I placed way back vanished
from the face of the earth (No tracking #), but a forum GB
rep eventually gave me a full PayPal refund.

In my case, Non-battery orders usually arrive in 6 business days
while orders with batteries usually take up to a month (Netherlands
Post can be slow at times).

FYI: The Samsung and LG 18650 batts I've ordered are all genuine.

There's a Gearbest rep on ECF now, so if you have an issue, send
her a PM.

Krystal (ECF User - Krystal00 )

Vapor.Gearbest All The Latest Vape Products At Amazing Prices!

Thanks, all this round and round with the samsungs and I totally forgot to mention the fact that the LGs are also genuine :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
No. I got them from GB directly after reading results from a well known vaping personality. Many people that I know ( one is a mod builder, very tech savvy and very knowledgeable about electronics) have been buying them for months now. What we have are authentic. Capiche?
Illumn has 25rs for $5.
Helluva risk to save a buck a cell.

Please dont advise new vapers to purchase batteries from Chinese vendors.

You know thats a bad idea.

Why risk it? Your safety isnt worth a buck?

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
My recent experience dealing with GearBest customer support has been quite frustrating, due to the fact that they don't understand simple English and, unfortunately, I don't understand Mandarin Chinese.

I intended to place an order for 5 different items, but mistakenly ordered two of the same item. About an hour later I realized my mistake and immediately contacted their customer support to request that they change the order and send me just one of the items, not two. (It's not like Amazon, where you can still edit your order online until they get to a certain point in the process of filling it.) They replied:
"At this time there is 1 of the above item.
Please contacut [sic] us after the shipping information for the difference price.
Is there anything else I can do for you?
Thank you for your understanding.
We are at your service, please feel free to contact us anytime

"There is 1." Humm. But the order still shows two. So I wrote back, saying, "OK. You send one, not two. Thank you."

I figured that would be clear, but they replied:
"Thank you very much for your order with Gearbest.
Once your order has been shipped out we will send you a confirmation email.
We kindly ask that you could wait a little more for the shipping information.
Alternatively, you can also see the information when you log in your account on our website and review your order here Sign In | GearBest.com
Please kindly contacut [sic] us after the shipping information for the difference price.
Thank you for your patience and kind support."

Not sure they are understanding me and the order hasn't been changed yet. But I "wait a little more" as requested. Then the shipping confirmation arrives via email. Sure enough, they are shipping two of the items. Sheesh!

Lesson learned. Either don't deal with them at all or, if you make a mistake, immediately cancel the ENTIRE ORDER and start over. Forget about dealing with their customer service dept. This is NOT Amazon.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
GB taking a long time to ship batteries shouldn't be surprising to any of you; especially if you like buying out of China. Remember when FT had to stop shipping batteries or find a way to do so without going thru HK Post.
I never ordered anything from GB & stopped ordering from FT (China) about 2 yrs ago.
If you wanna shop cheap & avoid long ship times, have a look at Angelcigs- they're the US arm of FT.

Reactions: nancybout
Jul 20, 2016
Kherson
  • Deleted by retired1

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
I ordered 4 LG 18650 batteries from Gearbest and received yesterday. Took about 24 days. The batteries had no charge in them. Empty. This is odd to me. All other batteries I've ordered were about half full over the past 3 years. They are on my charger now and we'll see how well they hold a charge but I thought it strange they had no charge whatsoever. I've read this is a bad thing for batteries. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
GB taking a long time to ship batteries shouldn't be surprising to any of you; especially if you like buying out of China. Remember when FT had to stop shipping batteries or find a way to do so without going thru HK Post.
I never ordered anything from GB & stopped ordering from FT (China) about 2 yrs ago.
If you wanna shop cheap & avoid long ship times, have a look at Angelcigs- they're the US arm of FT.

Agelcigs is a great vendor but they are not affiliated with Fasttech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread