Tesla Two button concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Hi guys! Hope you all have been well! So I noticed today that the button on my Tesla Two is less clicky and more "mushy" feeling if I press it on the top and top right area of the button. The Tesla Two has a very clicky tactile button that feels great! My question here is if that's a bad sign at all that the button could get stuck down. (That would be bad.) It only feels like this near the top of the button, and much more clicky in the middle and at the bottom.

Go to about 7:50 in this video, you can see what the button looks like on the inside, it has a circuit board with a button.

Thanks guys for the insight in advance!

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Well, I don't think it is a good sign. I have a different Tesla product but it has a similar issue with the fire button. It gradually became mushy and lost it's clicky feel after a short time in service. Suspecting it was being blocked by a wire or something, I opened it up to look at the board and connections.
Conclusion: these buttons are supposed to be good for like a million clicks..whatever component Tesla use I cannot say but mine wore out. The mod still fires but feels pretty bad to use now so I sidelined it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread