The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Opinions on juul?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by CCVapes23, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CCVapes23

CCVapes23 Senior Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I’m about to go buy a juul and I was just curious what people’s opinions are? How long does the battery last? Is it worse for you than a normal vape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Battery lasts about 1 pod give or take.

Another pod type to consider MY. VonErl

Might start with re reading your other thread ---> Juul question
    I'm not a fan of nic salts due to the remnants of some extraction methods.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'd say of all the cigalikes, people tend to like it, but mainly for its insane amount of nic salts which seem to be very quickly bioavailable, or in such high concentration, that people tend to find it "satisfying." It does have a weak battery and not the greatest draw, which is one reason I think they can get away with 50 mg/ml nic salts in their juices.

I don't know if there is a magic "something else/added" in there but their customers can tend to be quite loyal for the price.

I do think there are better (meaning more versatile with better battery life) setups out there, and posting on the pod systems area may net you more results. I have not used a pod system, so I'm really just going by what I read.

Juul: expensive, hardware not that great, and expensive. Some of the more open and versatile pod kits where you can use your own juices may be more versatile and satisfying, possibly.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 3, 2014
    Rupert, West Virginia
    Also there is a higher nic level in them, 5% or 50mg/ml I think. I don't know if you want or need that amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I've moved this to the Vape Pod Systems forum. Take a gander at the threads here and you'll find all sorts of good info on the JUUL and other pod mods.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I've never used a pod system, and I won't necessarily advise you against getting one. I'll be commenting on pod systems as a group. They have their pro's and cons.

Pro's:

• Compact, stealthy, lightweight units that are very pocket-friendly.
    • Convenient, nearly Plug-&-Play Easy ready out of the box. With pre-filled disposable pods, a novice doesn't have to fool with filling a tank, changing a coil, or a battery.
    • May be ideal for a novice just beginning to vape, who is aware of a "closed" system's downsides.
    Con's:
    • Being a "closed" system, you can't refill the pods with your own favorite e-liquid. The pre-filled disposable pods are very expensive in the long run compared to the "open" juice delivery systems that allow you to add your own e-liquid. You are paying a lot for convenience.
    • Flavor selection is often quite limited for the pre-filled pods.
    • When battery drains dead, you can't vape until the battery is recharged. Need a secondary backup device.
    • Rely on extremely high nicotine concentration e-liquids to be effective.
    • Some pod units must be charged with a proprietary charger (included); while others can be charged with any micro USB charger (cell phone).
    • Quite expensive in the long run when compared to most other vaporizers.
    Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
    If I were to purchase a pod today I would go with the Von Erl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    One word....EXPENSIVE

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Also (you may mind or may not) you are feeding the tobacco companies with this one. There is often so much "amazement" about the Juul pods even compared to other nic salt juices I sometimes really wonder what exactly is in there besides their "proprietary" (meaning, not disclosed) "nic salt solution." So, IDK. The downside to a tobacco company cigalike is often that there isn't much disclosure about what exactly is in their pods.

With all that said there have been some folks extremely happy with the Juul and credit that it helped them more than other systems and/or they started there and were happy enough with the results to remain cigarette-free (whether moving on to other pod systems or not) so there is that factor to consider as well. I try to be objective about the Juul because it has helped a lot of folks, but I'm glad that isn't the route I started (although again, to be fair, I'm not sure it's more expensive than smoking, if you factor in health costs and etc.)

Anna

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    This isn't necessarily true. For the JUUL, yes, it's a true closed system. But there are many pod systems that allow you to get empty pods and fill with your favorite eliquids.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Closed is a loose term these days, even the Juul is easy to refill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    As JUUL does not sell empty pods, it's classified as a closed system as opposed to say the Cora which comes with empty pods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. VictorC

VictorC Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    Still the best pod system, IMO. No leaking, no dry hits. Works every time. Excellent for a quick nic fix.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vchick

Vchick PIF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    As a noob I would definitely try a pod system, most have hacks on the interwebs for refilling most of the pods. A no-fiddle system is usually a win-win even though a little expensive.

After all I paid over $100. for a 510 kit back in the day with 5 cartridges and only the one battery :facepalm:. It was enough to get me going and that kit went onto others who were trying to quit.

Edited to add, whatever you end up with, try and get 2 batteries and several pods, this way you have something to use while charging - (ask me how I know..lol)

I also just saw a vid for this, pricing was 19.99 for a kit with I believe a 1500mah battery, you could get 2 kits for $40.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Jay H.
    This message by Jay H. has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 21, 2018, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Feb 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.