Opinions on juul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say of all the cigalikes, people tend to like it, but mainly for its insane amount of nic salts which seem to be very quickly bioavailable, or in such high concentration, that people tend to find it "satisfying." It does have a weak battery and not the greatest draw, which is one reason I think they can get away with 50 mg/ml nic salts in their juices.

I don't know if there is a magic "something else/added" in there but their customers can tend to be quite loyal for the price.

I do think there are better (meaning more versatile with better battery life) setups out there, and posting on the pod systems area may net you more results. I have not used a pod system, so I'm really just going by what I read.

Juul: expensive, hardware not that great, and expensive. Some of the more open and versatile pod kits where you can use your own juices may be more versatile and satisfying, possibly.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I’m about to go buy a juul and I was just curious what people’s opinions are? How long does the battery last? Is it worse for you than a normal vape?
I've never used a pod system, and I won't necessarily advise you against getting one. I'll be commenting on pod systems as a group. They have their pro's and cons.

Pro's:

• Compact, stealthy, lightweight units that are very pocket-friendly.
  • Convenient, nearly Plug-&-Play Easy ready out of the box. With pre-filled disposable pods, a novice doesn't have to fool with filling a tank, changing a coil, or a battery.
  • May be ideal for a novice just beginning to vape, who is aware of a "closed" system's downsides.
Con's:
  • Being a "closed" system, you can't refill the pods with your own favorite e-liquid. The pre-filled disposable pods are very expensive in the long run compared to the "open" juice delivery systems that allow you to add your own e-liquid. You are paying a lot for convenience.
  • Flavor selection is often quite limited for the pre-filled pods.
  • When battery drains dead, you can't vape until the battery is recharged. Need a secondary backup device.
  • Rely on extremely high nicotine concentration e-liquids to be effective.
  • Some pod units must be charged with a proprietary charger (included); while others can be charged with any micro USB charger (cell phone).
  • Quite expensive in the long run when compared to most other vaporizers.
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
Another pod type to consider MY. VonErl
If I were to purchase a pod today I would go with the Von Erl.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also (you may mind or may not) you are feeding the tobacco companies with this one. There is often so much "amazement" about the Juul pods even compared to other nic salt juices I sometimes really wonder what exactly is in there besides their "proprietary" (meaning, not disclosed) "nic salt solution." So, IDK. The downside to a tobacco company cigalike is often that there isn't much disclosure about what exactly is in their pods.

With all that said there have been some folks extremely happy with the Juul and credit that it helped them more than other systems and/or they started there and were happy enough with the results to remain cigarette-free (whether moving on to other pod systems or not) so there is that factor to consider as well. I try to be objective about the Juul because it has helped a lot of folks, but I'm glad that isn't the route I started (although again, to be fair, I'm not sure it's more expensive than smoking, if you factor in health costs and etc.)

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: RayofLight62

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Being a "closed" system, you can't refill the pods with your own favorite e-liquid. The pre-filled disposable pods are very expensive in the long run compared to the "open" juice delivery systems that allow you to add your own e-liquid. You are paying a lot for convenience.

This isn't necessarily true. For the JUUL, yes, it's a true closed system. But there are many pod systems that allow you to get empty pods and fill with your favorite eliquids.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
As a noob I would definitely try a pod system, most have hacks on the interwebs for refilling most of the pods. A no-fiddle system is usually a win-win even though a little expensive.

After all I paid over $100. for a 510 kit back in the day with 5 cartridges and only the one battery :facepalm:. It was enough to get me going and that kit went onto others who were trying to quit.

Edited to add, whatever you end up with, try and get 2 batteries and several pods, this way you have something to use while charging - (ask me how I know..lol)

I also just saw a vid for this, pricing was 19.99 for a kit with I believe a 1500mah battery, you could get 2 kits for $40.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Jay H.

Unresolved Status
Feb 20, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread