Question for fellow JUUL users

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ckyr4y

Aug 29, 2018
Florida
So I put the pod in (this happens with multiple pods) and it hits real nice.. like a cigarette. A lot of times though after awhile it will no longer give me that SLIGHT burn in my throat like a cigarette does. I have to remove it, flick it or shake it a little and then put the pod back in the juul and it goes back to hitting nice. Now keep in mind I've tried this with multiple JUULs and its always the same.

I'm using the juul to quit cigarettes and I have been cigarette free for 7 days now so I really like the way it hits. I have been hitting the juul like crazy though I always have it on me, I'm guessing it's because I just quit cigarettes and it's a compulsion of mine.

One last question, if I was 1 pack a day or 1 1/2 packs a day how many pods should I go through in a day? I heard one pod is one pack of smokes but I find it hard to kill a whole pod in a day. Considering that 4 pods is about 15-18 dollars, which equals 4 packs of ciggs.. comparing the price of the two and the JUUL pod packs are really not that bad here in FL anyway.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
A lot of times though after awhile it will no longer give me that SLIGHT burn in my throat like a cigarette does.

That slight burn in your throat, often called "throat hit", is just irritation. Smokers associate it with the drug effect of nicotine but that is not entirely true. You can get nicotine that has the same drug effect but has no throat hit at all. Some nicotine suppliers like Nicotine River sell "smooth" and "hit" versions of salt nicotine. Some seek throat hit from vaping. Some don't. It's only mental. When people first give up the smokes they often focus on throat hit because it gives them some feedback. I usually use the "smooth" preparations that don't have any throat hit and I substitute the cooling effect of mint or menthol in place of it. I was never a menthol smoker but I find the cooling effect of menthol more pleasing than throat irritation ("throat hit"). When I used Juul, I mostly used the mint flavor pods. Others focus on flavor.

So I put the pod in (this happens with multiple pods) and it hits real nice.. like a cigarette. A lot of times though after awhile it will no longer give me that SLIGHT burn in my throat like a cigarette does. I have to remove it, flick it or shake it a little and then put the pod back in the JUUL and it goes back to hitting nice. Now keep in mind I've tried this with multiple JUULs and its always the same.

Air bubbles get trapped around the wick and seem to diminish performance. They might interfere with wicking--not sure. The Juul pods have a very small chamber. I also find that I have to regularly tap on the pods to get rid of the air bubbles. I mention it in a post comparing the Juul and Myblu: Juul vs myblu

One last question, if I was 1 pack a day or 1 1/2 packs a day how many pods should I go through in a day? I heard one pod is one pack of smokes but I find it hard to kill a whole pod in a day.

There are lots of guesses floating around on the internet. I'm not sure if any of them are based on facts. Probably not. These graphs give some comparisons.

srep04133-f4.jpg

pax-evaluation.png

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks, I don't really understand the graph at first glance but I will take a gander. Yeah that throat burn is a HUGE mental thing for me, I understand I'm still getting nicotine without it but being so close to my cigarette quitting day it's still a thing I feel like I "need".

Using the Juul with the same flavor should always be the same unless it's not producing vapor. When you aren't getting a throat hit from the Juul until you tap it, you probably aren't getting any vapor production. Tap away the bubbles and you'll get vapor again.

I just meant in general, throat hit is artificial and mental.

Put simply, the graphs show that nicotine delivery varies with different devices. According to Juul (second graph), the Juul delivers nicotine most similar to a cigarette. With smoking, you get a sharp spike of nicotine and Juul claims that their product does as well.

I also started with the Juul but switched to refillable pod devices after 2 weeks since Juul only offered 5% nic at the time. They just started offering 3% on their website. You might consider trying the 3% if you are getting too much nicotine but still have the urge to vape. You might also consider buying a device that comes with empty pods that you fill with whatever you prefer.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I agree with dansus' recommendation to get something else instead of the Rubi. Both the Myle and Kwit Stick come with prefilled pods so you are stuck with their liquids. You can refill the Myle and Kwit Stick but you can also refill the Juul. Instead, I would recommend getting something that comes with empty pods so you can just choose your own liquid. If you ask 6 people, you'll probably get 6 different pod recommendations. ;) Read through the topics on this forum. On the first 2 pages of the forum, there are topics started about several of the popular pod devices.

I think eliquids.com is still selling the Myblu for $1. Can't beat $1 for a pod and battery. I bought a box of 50--hahaha! They are prefilled but you can refill them several times. You can even replace the wicks to get more life out of them.

I haven't used the Myle but I have used the liquid which is available for separate purchase. The liquids are sold as "SaltNic" and "VapeGod" brands. I can tell you that the SaltNic Mango has throat hit. And it is available in both 25mg/ml and 50mg/ml if you buy the liquid in bottles. If you buy the Myle pods, they are only available with 50mg/ml.

Stay away from Mr Salt E liquids if you want throat hit. They are popular and I do like them. But they don't have throat hit so you probably wouldn't like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
This reply is a little late. I hope if finds you still quitting. Maybe it will help others if it doesn't help you.

One last question, if I was 1 pack a day or 1 1/2 packs a day how many pods should I go through in a day?
As many as you need to stay off the stinkies. Do what works, not what "theory is".

but being so close to my cigarette quitting day it's still a thing I feel like I "need".
TH is TH. Maybe rotate pods, or try different ones. The "switch process" took about 3 weeks for me (back before pod systems). As noted above, they make refillable pod systems too, and you can mix your own juice with more TH if you need it.

Vaping is not the same 1000's of toxins as smoking. There is some withdrawal from "other stuff" in cigs. Push through, vaping really really helps. You'll adjust.

Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread