Opinions on Vaperite e-liquids? Just placed an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I haven't tried these guys out before, but I'm very interested. In fact, I already ordered some 777 Tobacco and APV Tobacco Organic, which are coming with some little samples of Rou's Natural Toasted Hazelnut Tobacco and Organic Banana Nut Bread, all in 18mg nicotine level strength. The 777 Tobacco is an all (or at least nearly all) VG e-liquid, while all the others are mostly a 50/50 PG/VG blend. That concerns me a bit, as I don't have a high tolerance for PG anymore, but I couldn't resist. (Not all of these flavors are available in all VG.) I suppose I'll find out soon enough whether I'll like any of these or not, and how I will react to them, but I couldn't help asking what others think about Vaperite's e-liquids in general, and about these flavors or their other VG flavors in particular.

Previously, when it comes to all VG type e-liquids, I've only tried Eco Pure and Alien Visions (especially Bobba's Bounty). Those were okay, but really only worked for me when blended with a bit of something heavier in PG, like Dekang's Turkish Blended, or some of Halo's e-liquids. The Dekang in particular is a PG heavy e-liquid that my body doesn't like very much (annoying allergic skin reaction sort of thing), but the Turkish Blended tobacco flavor was pretty decent. As are Halo's Torque 56 and Freedom Smoke, which cause much fewer skin problems, probably because they are already more of a PG/VG blend - and possibly because of higher quality ingredients as well?

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
Generally I like Vaperite extracted tobacco juices at 50/50.. I don't think I would like these juices with a higher VG content.. it tends to "flatten" complex flavors IMO, but there are always exceptions. Hopefully you won't be allergic to those that are only available at 50/50.

APV and Rou's are among my favorites.. 777 just might be better at 98% VG (or whatever the maximum is).. It's not too terribly complex. Although not for everyone, other favorites include Perique (this and APV are my top 2 at Vaperite), Honey Horn Virginia, Flue Cured Virginia, and VR4 (probably my favorite RY4 ever.. love to alternate between this and Rou's).

Please let us (me, rather) know your impressions.

JohnsWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Southern LA
I've tried Vaperite's organic & organic APV tobacco, both in a 50/50 mixture (12 mg). I also don't tolerate PG well, but 50/50 seems to be okay for short time. The APV is a warm tobacco flavor, smooth with a fruity flavor and a hint of vanilla, I think. I love tobacco flavors and this is one of my favorites. I keep some at all times. Hope it works for you, it's very good. I've had cake batter and peppermint patty as samples, both 100% VG and organic. I normally add these flavors to a tobacco, but the cake batter was so yummy I dripped it till the entire sample was gone......like nonstop. Felt guilty, like I was cheating on my diet so I'm not ordering anymore of that stuff! lol
I find if the juice is 100% vg, flavors that are strong like menthol, minty flavors, lemonade work better as far as having that strong hit that you may be looking for. I have tried Highbrow vapor's RY4 & the exotic blend, and Johnsoncreek's tennessee cured all 100% vg and these are very strong flavors that I've not been courageous enough to vape. I'm hoping that steeping will mellow them some.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Thank you. That all sounds pretty promising, so I am looking forward to trying out everything as soon as the order arrives (Monday, I'm hoping). I will post reviews after a bit of steep and vapor time. One thing I'm curious about, I've read one thread here (and no others I'm aware of) referring to some possible increased atomizer and/or cartomizer early wear issues using many of Vaperite's e-liquids. Anyone here experienced anything like that? I use 3-piece m402 e-cigarettes nowadays, the regular atomizers of which I prefer over the few m401 cartomizer types available for this model out there. Typically these atomizers last me quite awhile (a few months or so) using Eco Pure based e-liquid blends. So, I'm just wondering if I may have to expect to buy a lot more atomizers using this e-liquid than I've previously been used to using other e-liquids?

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
One thing I'm curious about, I've read one thread here (and no others I'm aware of) referring to some possible increased atomizer and/or cartomizer early wear issues using many of Vaperite's e-liquids. Anyone here experienced anything like that?

It's not wear, it's clogging/gumming up from particulates in house-extracted tobacco juices. I first noticed this when using Tasty Vapor Tobacco juice, which is made with a maceration process. Went through a lot of 302 atomizers back then.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I finally received my Vaperite e-liquids order shipment. It took a few days longer than I was expecting (a disappointment), but at least nearly everything came as ordered. It looks like I got Organic Madagascar Vanilla Tobacco instead of the Banana Nut Bread as one of my samples, but I assume that's likely because they are out of Banana Nut Bread for the moment. A shame. I was really looking forward to trying that one out. I let everything steep open bottled overnight before giving all of these a serious try. They are all fairly dark e-liquids, with 777 Tobacco being the lightest in color - kind of honey colored. The rest seem about equally dark to each other - like a dark rum in color.

The 777 Tobacco is fairly weak flavor-wise, but not without flavor - the most prominent flavor being something remotely spicy in nature. This one has okay vapor presence, which is a plus, but not a lot of flavor impact - except that the moderate spiciness leaves a bit of a spicy aftertaste, mainly felt on the body of the tongue and a bit on the throat, but nothing significant in the nose. Being all VG this is understandable, though Intellicig's all VG Eco Pure Rich tends to hit me significantly more in the nose - a little bit unpleasantly so at times. Like Eco Pure Rich, this one probably would make a good base for adding something a little more flavorful to it.

The Organically Flavored APV Tobacco has a bit more of a flavor kick to it and feels heavier in vapor presence than the 777 Tobacco. The Organically Flavored APV Tobacco has less spiciness to it and is smoother. All in all it also has a smokier flavor to it as well, but both are smoky in nature and reminiscent of burning tobacco. I don't find that any of the individual flavor components really come out on their own at all, but the throat hit of this (both of these e-liquids are 18mg nicotine level strength) hits a little harder. Once again, this is mainly on all of the tongue (more towards the back of the tongue), but a bit more in the nose as well. Flavor on the inhale is pretty nice, but indistinct - other then the general smokiness.

The Organic Madagascar Vanilla Tobacco 16mg sampler has a definite vanilla flavor on the inhale. Vapor presence is decent. The vanilla flavor is very vanilla, like what you might expect tasting a drop from a bottle of vanilla extract. This one too is smoky in flavor, but somewhat less so than the 777 Tobacco and Organically Flavored APV Tobacco. Throat hit is lighter, but this is a slightly lower amount of nicotine at 16mg compared to 18mgs. Throat hit on this one is closer to the front of the tongue, but not on the tip (tip of the tongue throat hit is not something I'm a fan of), with a tad more throat hit in the nose as well - but still very moderate there. As with the other two e-liquids, what you get in the nose is still mainly a dry, slightly green, tobacco smokiness. The vanilla flavor has a slightly artificial component to it, but not chemically. It could almost use another distinct flavor to lessen it and balance it out some, but that would defeat this being a purely vanilla tobacco flavor - which it has in spades. The aftertaste really isn't vanilla, but is rather more something with some indistinct depth - which is not unpleasant at all. In some respects this one feels cleaner than the other two e-liquids mentioned thus far. When I blow this out of my m401 atomizer, it comes out fairly light in color by comparison.

The Organic Rou's Toasted Hazelnut Tobacco (also in 16mg nicotine level strength, like the Organic Madagascar Vanilla Tobacco) has a pleasant and light inhale, with just a bit of tongue bite. The vapor is felt more on the exhale than on the inhale. Not a lot of nose impact. This one has a slightly bitter aftertaste. I'm not really sure if I can taste the hazelnut at all, but it is supposed to be a toasted flavor, which normally cuts down on strong flavor impacts - mellowing things out a bit, at least in my experience. This one probably has the least green, smokey tobacco flavor of the bunch, though you can still taste a bit of that in the slightly bitter aftertaste. Like the other 16mg sampler, this one is fairly dark, but blows out of my m401 atomizer fairly light in color. I kind of like this one's inhale. It's slightly bitter aftertaste does not last long, but leaves something in the nose letting you know you've actually experienced something. Overall, this one is kind of "clean" feeling as well, though I'm not entirely sure what I mean by that. None of these are "clean" in the sense that Intellicig's Eco Pure Rich is, but they are a bit more genuinely tobacco-like flavorful than that popular all VG e-liquid, but also substantially darker.

In conclusion, I think the all VG 777 Tobacco is probably the least favorite of mine, as it is just a bit too weak overall. Intellicig's Eco Pure Rich has a much stronger throat hit at the same nicotine strength level, produces more vapor, and is much cleaner feeling, but is also somewhat less genuinely tobacco-like in flavor. The Organically Flavored APV Tobacco has a nice flavor with some depth to it, with no one flavor standing out over any of the others. This one actually feels like you are vaping something, but it still has a nice smoothness to it while also retaining some "richness" as well. The Organic Madagascar Vanilla Tobacco has a bit too much vanilla to it for my tastes, with not much else in flavor to mitigate or balance that out, but that may very well suite someone who is looking for a strong vanilla flavor. It has that slightly weird, moderately bitterly indistinct aftertaste, without enough vapor presence overall to make the tasting experience worthwhile. Despite that, I think it still has more going for it than the 777 Tobacco, but only moderately so. At least the 777 Tobacco sticks to being something that is just tobacco flavor oriented, and in that sense it does alright despite its relatively weak flavoring. It at least has a decent tobacco-like, smokey vapor presence. The Organic Rou's Toasted Hazelnut Tobacco doesn't really have enough of a flavor impact, even though it has a smooth richness to it that helps make up for that, and a lingering nose presence that helps achieve that impression of richness. In all fairness, in a stronger nicotine level this one would probably come off better. The Organically flavored APV Tobacco probably comes off as the most balanced, smooth but sufficiently rich e-liquid of the bunch. This one has enough of an interesting balance of flavoring to hold one's interest, without being overpowering. If it had more vapor presence that would help it be something more spectacular to write about, but it could still probably use a bit more of a flavor punch. Keep in mind I'm just using an m402 battery and m401 atomizer to flavor taste these, which is my personal preferred e-cigarette component setup, and none of these have really steeped long enough so far.

I can't say that any one of these is a favorite yet, but none of these are flat out bad. All of them are decent or better. I will continue to open bottle steep these as I use them to see how they change over time, then update as appropriate. None of these Vaperite e-liquids is a disappointment. I'm interested in trying out a few more Vaperite e-liquid flavors and seeing how this current batch develops after steeping for a longer period of time. All of these seem pretty freshly made. I will see whether or not these quickly build up much gunk on my m401 atomizers. That is something I'm concerned about, especially in comparison to using Intellicig's very clean burning all VG e-liquids, which have allowed me to run my atomizers a very long time without replacing. I haven't experienced any annoying allergic skin reaction issues yet, but I've mainly been using the all VG 777 Tobacco so far. I'm going to try just using the 50/50 PG/VG Organically Flavored APV Tobacco exclusively for the rest of the day, to see if I have any long term use issues with handling it. It is probably the most analog cigarette-like of the bunch so far, but it is hard to tell for sure right now.

That's it for now. Thank you for all your input. Much appreciated. I'll try to keep you up-to-date if anything changes.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I found all of these Vaperite e-liquids got better after steeping for several days, or even after a few weeks. The small samples were too small to steep for long enough to give them a fair shake. I think the biggest problem with the smaller samples I received was that they came in just a bit too low a nicotine level for me, and just didn't provide me with quite enough of a throat hit kick. I have currently been using a 50/50 blend of the 777 Tobacco (18mgs, all VG) and Organically Flavored APV Tobacco (18mgs, 50PG/50VG), which I like quite a bit, especially after steeping over an extended period of time. I'm going to order more of the Organically Flavored APV Tobacco, but am very curious about the other Vaperite tobacco flavors available. There are so many I have not yet sampled, and several are so well reviewed, it is hard to decide what else to try now. I'm still going to try getting the Organic Banana Nut Bread as a sampler (apparently they were out of stock the last time I tried this), but I am also interested in Cinnbacco, Organic Honey Tobacco, House Extracted Natural Tobacco, and possibly the Natural House Extracted Perique Tobacco.

I decided to finish off my order by adding some of the Natural House Extracted Perique Tobacco, with a sample of the Cinnbacco. Surprisingly, I would like to now try the Organic Japanese Plumb, but that is not available as a sample to try with another order. I'm not ready yet to commit to a full size order of something so non-tobacco flavor sounding that nonetheless still sounds so fabulous. I'll have to try it out another time. So far I've not had any noticeable allergic skin reaction issues with any of these Vaperite e-liquids, though most have been 50/50 PG/VG blends. I'm very happy about that. I will post my impressions of these new flavors once I've received them and given each a fair amount of steep time.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
So far I have also not experienced any noticeable problems with performance reducing e-liquid residue buildup on my m401 atomizers. I was concerned about that at first, but so far it hasn't turned out to be an issue. That may just be because of the equipment I'm using or the particular Vaperite e-liquids I've tried so far, but either way I'm very happy about the end results.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I have recently placed my 3rd order in a row from Vaperite, so I must be digging their e-liquids. As before, all of these Vaperite juices just get better and better the longer they steep, so I'm trying to be sure I order more well before I run out of my current stock, so I can steep the new order before I finish using the one before that. I still prefer mixing these up to get a generally nice flavor blend that doesn't have too much of any one distracting flavor. Though I didn't reorder it this time, the Naturally Flavored House Extract Perique Tobacco is pretty good. It is very analog cigarette-like, with a somewhat sharp flavor note that I assume is the Perique. The Organically Flavored APV Tobacco is fairly similar, but milder, smoother, and probably a touch sweeter, though I wouldn't say either one is outright "sweet" at all. Much like the 777 blended nicely with the APV Tobacco, the Perique Tobacco does as well. The flavor note and vapor feel differences are not that great between all of these straight tobacco type flavors.

Cinnbacco is very cinnimon-like, but still with that now familiar Vaperite tobacco base. It is not a bad cinnamon flavor, and not really too strong, but still...I find I cannot vape this one for long before switching back to one of the more pure tobacco flavors. I like cinnamon, but not all day long. This one smells pretty good though, as does the Banana Nut Bread, which smells exactly like it sounds. Non-smokers that I hang out with really like the smell of both of these, so I mix a little bit of both in my heavier tobacco blend that I use daily just for that reason. Though Banana Nut Bread smells great, its taste is very banana oriented, and not so nut-like. It has a bitterness that does not go away even after weeks of steeping, though it still has a very good base. This is my least favorite out of my last order, but the smell is still fabulous and adding a bit of this to other e-liquids still produces I nice result without getting overpowering banana flavoring.

I'm really sold on Vaperite. Recently a friend was asking about information to get his mother going on quitting smoking analog cigarettes. I had several recommendations for him, including listing Vaperite as a top e-liquid supplier to try out. He will probably end up going the factory filled cartomizer route to keep things simple for his mother, though I pointed out flavor selection is much more limited that way. He may be right as regards his mother though. I hope she is successful in her endeavor. Of course, I also recommended he check out the forum here for more information. I think he is interested in going the Blu Cig route, though I'm a big m402 fan myself. To each there own, eh?

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with reviewing Vaperite's e-juices. Given a bit of steeping time, almost all of this stuff thoroughly kicks .... and is worth trying out. I love getting a free little sampler bottle of your choice with each larger bottle of e-liquid ordered from them. That just adds icing to the already fabulous cake. For the little bit of extra money these cost compared to many other e-liquid suppliers, these e-liquids are well worth the difference in what you pay. And still, so far, no issues with allergic skin reactions, and my atomizers are holding up very well.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
do you mean VR4?

VapeRite makes two different RY4s---their Organic VR4 with that ooey-gooey caramel, and their more typical non-organic RY4. But you almost certainly knew that. LOL.

VR4 is unique among custom RY4s. Nothing else like it. Love it or hate it, that caramel is amazing. By contrast, I find VapeRite's RY4 to be pedestrian and undistinguished. But that's just my opinion.

If there's ever a vaping Hall of Fame, Todd should be among the early inductees, since he's been a pioneer in both natural tobacco extracts and organic juices.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
VapeRite makes two different RY4s---their Organic VR4 with that ooey-gooey caramel, and their more typical non-organic RY4. But you almost certainly knew that. LOL.

VR4 is unique among custom RY4s. Nothing else like it. Love it or hate it, that caramel is amazing. By contrast, I find VapeRite's RY4 to be pedestrian and undistinguished. But that's just my opinion.

If there's ever a vaping Hall of Fame, Todd should be among the early inductees, since he's been a pioneer in both natural tobacco extracts and organic juices.

Hey Bill, about how many RY4's have you tried now?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
After several weeks now of using Vaperite e-liquids I have to take back what I had said earlier about there being no significant issues with gunk building up in my m401 atomizers. What I had at first thought to be a fluke appears to be the norm when using these juices. All my atomizers get gunked up and unusable after about a week or two, and so I've been going through a lot of them recently. Too many really.

I recently got some Intellicig ECOpure Rich in order to heavily mix my Vaperite flavors down to where they will hopefully no longer be causing me so many issues. Right now I'm running a 50/50 blend, which with the Vaperite juices I'm using that gives me about a 25/75 ratio of PG to VG. Rnning the Intellicig ECOpure e-liquid, which has such a high reputation of cleaning atomizers, in such a high proportion to the Vaperite e-liquids should help keep my atomizers from gumming up so uncomfortably early. I had tried cleaning the gummed up m401 atomizers with vodka in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, but that just didn't seem to help much, if at all.

I'm a bit disappointed in Vaperite e-liquids, so I'm only now ordering their lighter colored 777 Tobacco flavor, which does not explicitly use any natural or organic components per se, but which is still pretty good stuff in a 50/50 PG/VG blend. It is certainly better tasting than the Intellicig ECOpure Rich, though it is not bad on its own - just not great like the Vaperite e-liquids are. I've used Intellicig ECOpure Rich before, and found that atomizers run a very, very long time without issue on the stuff. Right now it is too soon to tell how well the blending will work, though at least the flavor and vapor output is certainly fine.

I have also very recently switched experimentally to using the still fairly new and less well known ECHO e-cigarette, using newer version650mah size batteries without a large LED on the end. These come with the newer 300mah chargers which charge these batteries twice as fast as earlier models of this setup. These are automatic fat batteries that use 3ml capacity cartomizers. So far, after only a few days testing, I'm very impressed with this model of e-cigarette. The batteries last a very long time. Typically, at home at least (I'm currently unemployed), one battery lasts me all day long, as do the cartomizers - which last even longer before having to be refilled. The cartomizers are very easily refilled, but I will see how well they last using my new 50/50 blend of ECOpure Rich and Vaperite's 777 Tobacco. Vapor production and throat hit is pretty heavy, enough so that I will likely drop down one nicotine strength level - as these things are almost too hard hitting with the strengths I was used to using in my m402s.

Of course, the 650mah ECHO setup is much larger than the my old m402 setup, which takes some getting used to, but the automatic function of the ECHO batteries works much more reliably, with a very easy draw. Ambient loud sounds (heavy music bass, wind, etc.) do not seem to affect the batteries at all, which is quite a change from the more finicky functioning of m402 automatic batteries.

I don't mean to hijack my own thread here, but I do highly recommend the ECHO for those of you that have been searching around for a different PV to try out. I got mine from www.Cropduster901.com, which seems to be a pretty good source, though there are a few others recommended on the forum here as well. Customer service and shipping time was excellent. I got some dual-coil ECHO cartomizers to try out as well, but haven't tried them out as of yet. I also got some black 801 drip tips, and they fit and work well. I got them just because I am not a fan of using the ECHO cartomizer's standard whistle tip mouthpiece. I did try the whistle tips out at first and they do work fine, though they supposedly can pop-off easily in your pocket. I just prefer a unidirectional style mouthpiece.

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
I have been vaping over 2 years now and Todd's organic line are top to me and worth the price. I have done about all his flavors and they are really wonderful and have never had that nasty perfume taste like some I have tried. I use a 650 tornado manual battery and boge cartomizers lr and reg. I am vaping his peppermint patty right now and its great with coffee. His carmels are awsome and his peach is out of this world. I vape at 6nic and 0 nic and its very hard to find good flavors at that low of nic, but they are great. Try his organic samples they come at 16nic, but they are so great you will not regret if you like flavors other than tobacco

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
How have you been doing with your Boge cartomizers when using Vaperite e-liquids? How long have they been lasting you before dying out or having to be cleaned? Do you clean your cartomizers, and if so, which cleaning or other maintenance methods do you use? I haven't had any problems yet with my current setup and e-liquid blend, but I've only been vaping this way for about a week so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread