Opinions wanted on the Little Sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had one for a while, great mod for stealth vaping. If it's a secondary PV I would say go for it, it's great for when you want something small but if it's going to be your primary PV due to the smaller batteries time between charges won't be that great.

Definitely going to be a secondary PV for stealth vaping. I use a provari at home, and a Precise Plus virtually everywhere else. I also have some eGo's and an SD keyring, but I like the idea of having a small VV option on the go. Carrying extra batteries around is not an issue for me, nor is having a voltage read out. I feel I can dial it in to where I like it, without having to know the exact voltage.

Here are a few more questions about the Little Sister:

Does the little sister get hot if used constantly?

Does the voltage output stay the same throughout the battery life?

Is it easy to take apart to replace batteries?

I assume it has a 510 connection, but the website does not say. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks in advance,

-AJ

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I have one of the Vari-Cool. I HAD the original version and I didn't care for it. The Vari-Cool version does not get hot and the batteries can go about 4.5 hours set around 4.5 V (I ususally run 2ohm Boges between 4 and 4.5v and I'm not a super long drag taker). It's light, easy to hold, dials down to "off", hits amazingly well and is super easy to pocket. While it IS made of plastic, I've dropped mine many a time on many a hard surface and after locating the mod, the back and the batts and getting it back together, it fires right back up. Don't drip on it without a drip shield! Don't put the batteries in wrong! I like taking mine out. That's all I got. ;)

Here's mine with my mini lava tube:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87267225@N00/6916354591/ http://www.flickr.com/people/87267225@N00/

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The original version can get warm with chain vaping but generally not an issue, if you're chain vaping constantly a bigger battery is needed anyway. If you're getting one I would recommend the Vari-Cool version it has a switching regulator which is more efficient meaning no heat and better battery life.

Voltage was consistent, not an issue with either regulator. You do want to use high drain batteries though as also recommended on the site for the extra current output. The higher ohm the better, LR is not needed with vv and with 10440 batteries will only hurt battery life.

The cover comes off and goes on with no problem, you can kinda see him do it in this video at the 1 minute mark.
He also does a part 2 if you want to check that one out.
Little Sister MOD! - YouTube

Yes it's a 510 connection

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I have one of the Vari-Cool. I HAD the original version and I didn't care for it. The Vari-Cool version does not get hot and the batteries can go about 4.5 hours set around 4.5 V (I ususally run 2ohm Boges between 4 and 4.5v and I'm not a super long drag taker). It's light, easy to hold, dials down to "off", hits amazingly well and is super easy to pocket. While it IS made of plastic, I've dropped mine many a time on many a hard surface and after locating the mod, the back and the batts and getting it back together, it fires right back up. Don't drip on it without a drip shield! Don't put the batteries in wrong! I like taking mine out. That's all I got. ;)

Here's mine with my mini lava tube:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87267225@N00/6916354591/ http://www.flickr.com/people/87267225@N00/

Nice pic comparison, I just got the LT Mini last week and I'll take the LS over the LT Mini any day, just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread