Orchid by Aethertech

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAVOURFIELD

Aug 13, 2013
Newcastle UK
Okay I've got both a V3 and a V4 both black, I've sorted the leak issues,love the taste, but the V3 just doesn't hold enough liquid for me, any one know if the base will screw straight into the FT sku 1692100. If it does i've a nice size dual coil tank , and if the other base fits the orchid ,a miniature (nano?) . So a Orchfun and a kayid, anyone tried it.

FLAVOURFIELD

Aug 13, 2013
Newcastle UK
ok so if i'm reading this right i need a v4 orchid chimney to use the kayfun tank and top, and also a kayfun nano kit to use the kayfun base with the orchid v3 tank. i take it the orchid / kayfun chimney's aren't compatible with each others bases. Not got a kayfun to try it with , went down the russian91,/ taifun route when i moved on to RBA from protanks/ nautilus

FLAVOURFIELD

Aug 13, 2013
Newcastle UK
my thought were i'd get a dual coil, with the orchid base and kayfun tank, and a single coil nano with the kayfun base and orchid v3 tank.but not to be without buying extra bits, Ah well might as well just buy another V4 and keep the juice guzzler for tasting new mixes. And like i said reduce the odd spare bits floating around the vape box.
cheers for the input.

hydroslush

Jul 28, 2014
Hawaii
Caution when dealing with the 1.5 if your positive block or any other threads feel "rough", don't screw the hex screws down. It'll get stuck and you'll have a hard time getting it out. I should've learned my lesson with the plume veil and stayed clear of this company. The machining on the plume veil was crap (delrin/peek insulator on the top cap, same issue rip tripper had in his video/Screws that dont go all the way down/scratches in juice well) and I can say the same thing about the orchid 1.5. The threading on the 2 piece chimney is crap. I tried emailing aethertech and surprise surprise no response. Never again with aethertech.

On a happier note, i've been in love with the Aqua V2 and Squape[R] tanks. Those were well worth the money spent.

Dave7x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
usa
No problem. I have the v1.5 (authentic), and I cant seem to get a box to wick properly. I have a .5 ohm coil with 26 gauge dual kanthal. Using Japanese cotton I have the wick tails cut at like a 45 degree angle and have them running in the juice channels but I keep getting dry hits. It works good for about maybe 10 pulls then dry. Ive wicked it with more and then less cotton, I've tried numerous wicking techniques. Wierd thing is I had the v1 and never had this problem. It almost seems like the juice is getting air locked

Dave7x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
usa
Cool sedge, my orchid has not really been used. I use the aqua2 on my dna40 vapor flask for tp & my kayfun 4 on my vaporshark dna30. I have the whom? Dna40 mod coming and I need a new single coil tank to use on it, thinking about trying to getta tilemahos by gg, might be spelling that wrong. I'll hit you up on the thread you make for RTA's for some advice. But if you happen to do a ni200 build successfully on the orchid let me know.

VapnRealtor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
Anyone have an orchid v1.5 or 1 or whatever they're calling it (with the top fill screws - authentic) and experiencing terrible whistling? If so, any fix or tips? I've tried adjusting the airflow and haven't had any luck. I really wish it didn't have AFC because it seems pointless on this atty and just makes it whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread