Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Ok, so it can be done! This is my orchid sitting in a full-sized Kayfun M tank. The chimney is stock, and no parts were modified in any way. The secret is the top cap. This is an HCigar top cap from the Kayfun lite plus V2 kit. It is totally flat on the bottom, no indentation at all. The Orchid chimney actually makes it in the o ring, and extends about 3mm into the drip tip well. Looks great, and vapes great with absolutely no leaking. Thought I would share my findings..Oh, and a shot of the coils blazing! Vape on, you crazy diamond.

Oh totally understand, the Russian's tank will fit, but to tall without a Chimney extension. Wouldn't know about the clones. But full size, 3.1, is to tall is all. :D
M.a.y.b.e?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
If your running the wick into the channels and it still leaks,then i would say maybe the tails arent thick enough in the channel.I use rayon in mine,and i keep 1 of them filled with some juice that's just an every once in a while type juice,so it sits for days at a time,sometimes even on it's side,and it has never leaked a drop.You don't want to go super thick in the channel,but maybe try it a bit thicker than you have it now.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, finally got a combination that am happy with on the orchid. Received the FT version 3 clone, which I used the base, top cap and one of the nano ss tank rings, swapped out the hex set screws and the chimney from the original, and used the SS middle tank section and SS end tank sections from the Russian. Used 24 gauge, 9 wraps, vertical mounted, ramie wick. Weighed in at 0.30 ohms. Vaping quite nice:D

The Russian tank sections give about 2 extra mm in height and can get about 4 ml of juice in. Will probably have to shine up the Russian tank sections to make it more shinny like the rest of the tank, but vaping so fine, not worried about the looks right off. Have the ConFun tank coming, so it my be going 30 mm soon anyways:D

Vapping at the same level as me flashi and Magma, so am a happy Vaper:D

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
Well, finally got a combination that am happy with on the orchid. Received the FT version 3 clone, which I used the base, top cap and one of the nano ss tank rings, swapped out the hex set screws and the chimney from the original, and used the SS middle tank section and SS end tank sections from the Russian. Used 24 gauge, 9 wraps, vertical mounted, ramie wick. Weighed in at 0.30 ohms. Vaping quite nice:D

The Russian tank sections give about 2 extra mm in height and can get about 4 ml of juice in. Will probably have to shine up the Russian tank sections to make it more shinny like the rest of the tank, but vaping so fine, not worried about the looks right off. Have the ConFun tank coming, so it my be going 30 mm soon anyways:D

Vapping at the same level as me flashi and Magma, so am a happy Vaper:D

I am glad you're happy with it. Do you have any pictures of the setup would love to see it. I am looking for a way to get slightly better juice capacity out of the orchid and the fill hole would be nice.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Will take some pic's after my teeth cleaning. To tell the truth, the fill hole on the bottom is next to worthless, the clearance between the tank and chimney is so small, injecting juice through the hole makes for a messy slow fill. Ended up top filling instead. With the diamieter of the chimney they should of gone with a 23 mm tank instead.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I think it would have been smart to make the whole atty 23mm but I know most want a 22mm atty. I wouldn't mind 23 cause it would match up with my GP PAPS X nicely

That's my thinking, am looking forward to getting the confun tank. Think I have enough spare parts to make it work, the minimalistic tank capacity of the orchid, make's some of me drippers seem not to be quite so inconvenient. :D

Here's some pic's of me frankenOrchid:D

M63eVS4.jpg
Q07u23x.jpg
i3SYx0R.jpg

Cranked her up to 100 on the Raptor, seemed to hold it's own, but vape's better around 60-75 watts, but still damn fine straight Mech:D

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
the tip that came with it was ok, just this glass d.tip I have matches the top cap purrfectly :D the main thing is she's vaping at a level I enjoy, and can be driven harder and still put out. Ran it all day on the Raptor, on my third tank just in the Orchid, while vaping Estia, magma's and flashi too:D

The Torched El Sigilo Dragon's are my fave 18650 mech's. Pin less 510 top, center push non locking fire button. One of the shortest 18650 tube profiles around.

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
That's my thinking, am looking forward to getting the confun tank. Think I have enough spare parts to make it work, the minimalistic tank capacity of the orchid, make's some of me drippers seem not to be quite so inconvenient. :D

Here's some pic's of me frankenOrchid:D

M63eVS4.jpg
Q07u23x.jpg
i3SYx0R.jpg

Cranked her up to 100 on the Raptor, seemed to hold it's own, but vape's better around 60-75 watts, but still damn fine straight Mech:D

100 watts!!! I tried that with mine and it started to burn at 40 watts but that was a 26 gauge nano coil setup at .38 now I have a 24 gauge slightly larger coil setup in there forget exactly what I wrapped around and how many wraps but it came to .41 and is a nice Vape. I think it would handle a bit more in terms of wattage now.

How do you have yours wicked?

RadicalM1nd

Jun 4, 2014
Germany
Hey guys, take a look at this:
orchid_new-500x500.jpg

https://www.vapor-freak.de/VF-Orchid-V2?filter_name=orchid

Bottom fill screw, Drip Tip, slick design and it looks like the two different versions have glass windows.
It looks pretty damn promising. I often order from them and their quality is at least on par with Tobecco, mostly even better, and for 25€ (about 30$) it's super cheap. I think I'll have a go at the middle one.

JP1021

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sorry to revive this, but has anyone any tips to stop the constant leaking? I wrote about it on the last page, haven't found anything new :/ I'm currently still using my 4.1 Fogger.. feel like I wasted my money on this

I eventually just gave up on the OEM orchid, and got myself a clone. Clone works flawlessly, doesn't leak, and has a fill hole at the bottom. Aethertech really opened themselves wide up for a clone to come in and fix some of the more glaring problems I've seen in any atomizer I've owned.

I'll probably buy V2 if it ever comes out, but right now my clone trumps the original by a landslide. It's the only atomizer I've ever had where I actually considered a clone over the original due to design defects. I own no other clones of any mod or atty.

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
Hey gang, just got my v2 about a week ago and I must say I had an adventure. I finally got the wicking right...then I saw the light!!!! Can you see me I'm dancing...LOL!!!

Like most of you guys here will agree the amount of juice it can carry is imho not that big. Spoiled by my Big Buddha's 10ml tank I guess. You guy have some great ideas and dice57 you just inspire me bro. That said and with what spare parts I had laying around I was able to mod it to now top off at around 7-8ml of juice. I was able to extend the chimney shaft and put together a combination Kayfun sections to end up with it measuring 66.8mm tall excluding the 510 stem. Tall!!! But it now rocks. I'll take some pics soon and post it. Also outside of the filling process I have had no leakage. I'm getting great vapor and flavor, luv it. The draw is just right for me but was thinking of boring it out a tad. IDK will see.

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
Have it vertically mounted coil with Ramie fiber wick. Wicked it like the Estia, threaded fiber behind each coil, wrapping tails around the front, with slight tails down the channels with the rest of the fiber tucked in beside and behind the coil.

If you get a chance next time you rewick or fill I'd love to see pics of how much you have in the channels and how it's wicked

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Frak me Jam Man, you really went frankincense, or something like that:D Me Confun tank just departed l.a., so with the parts available should have a 30 mm tank contender. :D

I did flip my tank, putting the large Russian tank section up top, figured put the extra id width to it's best advantage. This also lowered the constriction zone, putting the close lip down the shoulder of the sidewall making surface tension easier to break.

But even so, fraking capacity is pitiful, but since always have at least 2 other mods with me to vape, it's not to bad :D

alar, have a wedding road trip this weekend, so won't be able to do a pictorial till next week, need to do pics of this and the Estia, which I wick alike, works really well as long as the coil is close to the deck. But will take pics when I do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread