Ordered 510 Questions..Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I just ordered a small Joye510 starter kit.

My husband and I had tried the Blu and it did not work for him as it was not strong enough. For me the Blu was ok but my atomizers burned out and I had no replacements. The Blu was almost idiot proof, but yet was very lacking performance that he needed and proved not to be reliable for me.

I do have a few questions about the 510 and wondering if I will have the same problems I have had with the Blu.

My husband did not like the little amount of vapor production and was not able to fully go off of analogs. He did like a freshly filled cart with our own juice but does not have the ability to continuously top them off (he drives 12 hours a night) safely. We had no lids for prefilling them without everything dripping out. It looks like the 510 will be a better option for him as we can prefill as many carts as we need before he is on the road and be able to put a lid on them. It also looks like the amount of puffs off of a full cart is more than the Blu. I seen a video that says you can get 50 puffs off a full cart..is this true??

Will the 510 solve our problems?

How long is the average lifespan of a 510 atty? We ordered the $30 kit from Innovapor to try before we dump a lot of money into this model. If we like it we want to order enough batteries, attys, and the pccs. What is a good amount to have on hand?

Also, does anyone have any tips for newbies?? We need all the help we can get!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
The 510 will produce a decent amount of vapor.............(Not sure of how much is enough though). If you use manual batteries it is a good unit......

You will have to fill the carts fairly often as the are somewhat small(compared to others).........

However, make sure you have extra batteries or a method to charge what you have while out and about (like a PCC). I got a PCC here: Widows Bead Work - charge

The 510 is a nice unit, but the #1 complaint about it is battery life.

My wife has been on her 510 for just over 40 days and hasn't lost an atomizer yet........

Also for silling carts get something like this:

NEX1106.jpg

it is called a neddle tip oiler and I got mine here:

3 pack Precision Oiler - Needle Tip Oiler Bottle 1/2 oz - eBay (item 350189096492 end time Aug-08-09 07:47:32 PDT)

You can carry your juice right with you and fill up anytime. It provides an nice even fill that will make the carts last longer.

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
We can get over the short battery life on the 510's as he is in a truck most of the time, and I am near a comp, and add the pcc on top of it, and I don't think we will have a prob.

The more I am reading about the 510 the biggest complaints seem to be the how shotty the attys are and refilling the carts.

It sounds like some people are having issues with always having to top off or else they get that burning taste in their mouth.

Any tips to prevent this before we even start??

motorcity57

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I'M RIGHT HERE
to bad you got burned by the blu, ask as many question as you can before you buy next. you will get much help and suggestions. thats what we do here. so let me suggest for hubby, order him a 901 kit and a bottle of some 24 mg juice of his choice. go to the forum front page,where the whole list of suppliers is. find a usa company that has the best price, and get him a kit. should be about 75 bux shipping included. with a kit and bottle of juice should last a month. by then he will know if vaping will work. you will only need to buy juice after that for a few months till batterys or atomizers are going to be needed.
the most important point i am trying to make is do as much research hear on the forum before you spend money.
there are no dum questions , hope i helped, have a great day

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
to bad you got burned by the blu, ask as many question as you can before you buy next. you will get much help and suggestions. thats what we do here. so let me suggest for hubby, order him a 901 kit and a bottle of some 24 mg juice of his choice. go to the forum front page,where the whole list of suppliers is. find a usa company that has the best price, and get him a kit. should be about 75 bux shipping included. with a kit and bottle of juice should last a month. by then he will know if vaping will work. you will only need to buy juice after that for a few months till batterys or atomizers are going to be needed.
the most important point i am trying to make is do as much research hear on the forum before you spend money.
there are no dum questions , hope i helped, have a great day

$75 is wayyyy too much for a 901 kit. You want a manual switch device, trust me.

Stick with the 510..........or If you haven't bought a 510 yet, look at a Janty Stick. I own 3 of them---- all spectacular. They also have the advantage of a built in passthough. This means he can plug it in the truck and charge while using it. That battery will last 4-7 hours without being plugged in. In addition the 801 carts on a stick will last much longer than a 510.

A Stick will cost the same as a 510 + PCC..................

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
We ordered the small intro kit $30 510 kit from Innovapor. It comes with one full cig and 1 usb charger.

We went with a small kit so we could try it out without spending too much money while we try to figure out the e cig thing.

My hubby has been reading these boards with me and has done some research and he has decided that he does not like the pen style types and would much prefer something that looks more traditional.

Does the 510 have a pass through option? I have not seen one yet but we do have several car chargers with usb ports on them so that is an option.

All of these brands and options is quite confusing. We do want to try and find the same model that we both enjoy. It is already difficult that we need 2 different nic amounts let alone different kits!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
As a general rule, the more a unit looks like a cig the less the performance in terms of battery life and overall vapor production..................This is just a general rule and everyone has a different experience and as far as "cigarette looking" units go, the 510 is right up there in terms of performance.

However, the sooner you can get past the "it needs to look traditional" mindset, then you will open yourself up to many new possibilities and experiences.

The key to a good vaping experience is a good power supply. If you limit the design to looking like a cigarette, you by design, are limiting you available power supplies.

Some folks are content with this, and that's OK. As long as it works for you and can keep you off of analogs, then you are ahead of the game. But keep an open mind. The non cigarette looking devices are no more complicated (and most of the time they are less complicated) than the ones that look like a cigarette.

Good Luck no matter which way you go.

Junebug

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Georgia, USA
Innovapor has the ecopure, and boy did I get a lot of vapor off the pre-filled carts he included. I didn't notice much of a flavor though, just a lot of vapor. There is a pass through for the 510, I don't have that. I've been able to charge my PCC, and the usb plug charger from Innovapor. I found that using a can of compressed air every other day to blow out excess nic juice from the atty gives me tons of vapor. For a truck driver, I would think that he would need at least 3 batts if he's driving long distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread