The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ordering from overseas

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by cucurucho, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cucurucho

cucurucho Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    What are your experiences with ordering from abroad? I'm thinking of buying a pen style, and am having a tough time deciding who to order from.

With current exchange rates, I've noticed it's generally cheaper to buy in euros. But someone mentioned to me in another post (can't remember where) that it is best to make orders from China for the best delivery time. I was quite interested in David Yang's gear (despite the controversy), but it seems he's distributing via the US now.

Another reason I'm not too sure about buying from the US is that I believe they have a different voltage over there, and I'm not sure if that could result in exploding chargers or anything if I just plug it into an adapter. Anyone more knowledgeable on that matter?

So I'm a little confused as to which route to go down.

2. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    buy direct from davids website
    ecigarettemall.com

good prices
    good quality products
    fast delivery.

Di ....

3. dodomark

dodomark Full Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Victoria Australia
    Mate, the best place for aussie to buy from over seas would be from Wanye eBay Store - elecitronic cigarette: e-cigarette, ruyan, e-cigar You get it with in 4 to 5 days! And he backs it up! I had a charger die and sent sent a new one to me with out any probs. So 4 days from the email to him a reg post slip came and it was here! Other stuff I have gotten from him has taken 5 days to get here. Just tell him dodomark sent you and he will make sure you are happy, he would any way with out saying my name, but he trust me and my mates. So if any thing dies he takes your word and resends new parts. I real top ebay seller. And no I dont get kick backs nor am I doing any buying in for our soon to open biss. I just like the way this guy works. All the stuff he sends that has free post is sent via registered post so you know you are getting it!

Mark

4. dodomark

dodomark Full Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Victoria Australia
    Oh and also YES Dave is a great guy to deal with two :D but starting out I would go with Wanye and buy new atts and batts from him as yours dies later on down the track. Yes I do and will be dealing with Dave in the biss side, just so you all know where I stand and why etc.

Mark

5. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Noice, thanks for the tips.... But I'm now thinking I might be a little adventurous and try out Di's idea from this thread.

Are bestecig.com reliable?

6. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    yes
    they deliver ok
    and answer email request for help
    yes, I would say good to deal with.

Di .....

7. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Their shipping seems a little pricey, but I think it would be worth it if they're the only place that sells the usb battery for the 801.

8. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    it is the only one I have seen so far from a reliable source.
    and they work too.
    on my puter and my fag in a bag setup.

if you are not desperate wait a few weeks
    see if someone offers something else.

Di ...

9. dodomark

dodomark Full Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Victoria Australia
    I can order you one with my order in 2 weeks if you want mate? I will just ask for a $1 to post it on to you + the price they carge me for it, if you want mate? I dont think a USB batt will change my shipping cost, as it is now a 12kg order! LOL

Mark

10. gizmo

gizmo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Hopefully getting my 901b this coming week from Puresmoker & wondering if there's a charger that takes multiple 901 batteries,one that charges 3 or 4 at a time..been looking around but don't think they exist.

11. dodomark

dodomark Full Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Victoria Australia
    I have not seen one mate. But its a damm good id for some one to build one ;)

Mark

12. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    David Yang has just informed me that he will be stocking the usb batts in a week or so. So I think I'll just wait until he gets them in and order the lot from him. Hopefully my lonely little atomiser on my egar will hold out long enough.

But thanks for the offer anyway :)

13. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    that is what I meant by wait a bit and see if anyone else offers a usb,
    I knew that David was coming out with some new stuff,
    but it is not my place to speak for him,
    I wanted to wait for him to announce his new stuff by himself in his own time.

you will be pleased with David's products and service, they are excellent.

Di ......

14. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Wise words. He tells me he'll be stocking both the USB battery and manual switch. I'm sure he'll make an announcement in due time :)

15. Magarnagle

Magarnagle Full Member

I only had minor dealings with bestecig.com (I bought a smallish order of juices from them).

I found them to be very helpful, easily contactable for questions, friendly, and I never had to wait very long for a reply (even on weekends).

The postage cost works out OK once you have a few items in the order, I can't recall what their minimum weight is, but the trick is to stock up with gear until you get close to the minimum. I probably wouldn't order just one atomiser, too expensive. But 500g of atomisers would work out (if that's the minimum).

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Full Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    David now has the manual switch and USB batt for sale. I'm still new to all this.....how long did it take for your order to arrive from ecigmall? I'm looking to get the pen style and some juices. Any tips would be great!

17. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    David sent mine with an express courier. He sent it on the monday, and I received it on the wednesday.

If you order from him, send him an email, or a message on here to ask about juices (as I don't think they're listed on his website).

Also, you might like to know, there's a new Australian supplier just set up shop in QLD. They seem to have some pretty good stock. And from talking with the guy who runs it, the juices sound like they're good stuff too. It's at Electronic Ciggy

They also have a usb penstyle there.

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Full Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for your input. I stumbled across that QLD site also....thinking about ordering sample pack #1 (E-Juices), at this point I don't like the idea of waiting up to 10 working days for an Aussie order, when I can get stuff from David in China in 6!

But.....I'll probably try that sample pack anyway....lol

19. cucurucho

Oct 31, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, 10 days seems a while, but I've placed an order. Will update here when it arrives to let you know how long it took.

I think it's great that there's someone in Australia selling liquids now. Not to mention a quality range of hardware :)

I also think the sample pack is a great idea. Not enough suppliers around the world seem to be doing this yet.

Also, another note on David Yang. If you order liquids from him, he has to send it via courier (legal reasons I think), which is more expensive than the standard postage. The advantage to this is that you'd get it much quicker than otherwise.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Full Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great! I'm going to place an order also - can't wait to hear your thoughts when your products arrive! Fingers crosssed it's good! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.