The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ordering your new chuck

Discussion in 'Thag Built / The Chuck' started by MeganVonL16, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MeganVonL16

MeganVonL16 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA
    So I just saw our little newborn baby chuck.

Sadly I kinda hoped the decal would be the length of the chuck and not just an image toward the top. I was thinking the image i submitted would encompass the whole chuck itself and not the way it is. I love the matte black but the black on the image isnt dark enough to match it entirely.

ALL IN ALL, I am very excited to get this in the mail and vape away. Its hilarious and amazing but I just wanted to let future chuck owners to include every detail when having a chuck produced. I DID NOT include all the info about the placing, length, size, or anything else besides the matte black and button. SO it is my fault entirely. Just letting people know PLEASE - when ordering a chuck include every detail and I'm sure Thag will make it just as amazing as you picture it in your head. Thanks again - Cant wait to get it :)

[​IMG]

2. tornado9015

tornado9015 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    Braintree
    Is that Charlie Manson?

3. MachoKing

MachoKing Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Missouri
    haha it is. That's awesome.

4. MeganVonL16

MeganVonL16 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA
    yes it is :)

5. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    Las Vegas
    I made the same mistake on my first one. The picture was not proportionate to the Chuck and ended up just being stuck right in the middle. That was before I knew how to really design it and get the size right.
    Oh, and Megan, I added something important to Charlie. :ohmy:

[​IMG]

6. tornado9015

tornado9015 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    Braintree
    I like your style.

7. MachoKing

Aug 24, 2010
    Missouri
    I was not sure that I was resizing them right so on my latest order for my chuck #2, I added that I'd like him to resize the image for me so that I can be sure it is correct. I read somewhere on the forum that he'll take care of it if you don't know how. I did not add that I'd like the image to cover the entire Chuck. I hope it comes out right. I'm a newb.

8. VPJUNKIE510

VPJUNKIE510 Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    i am currently saving and about 30 dollar's off of getting my first yes first chuck the biggest problem i am having is finding a picture. also i have no clue how to resize i hope he helps me out when i order it for awhile i was woundering if he was still taking order's i dont think he ever got back to me when i contacted him

9. MachoKing

Aug 24, 2010
    Missouri
    Finding the picture is the fun part. I love my zombie chuck and am highly anticipating the birth of my JLA chuck. I'm a geek.

10. Skwerl

Skwerl Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Peoples Republic of NJ
    The geeks shall inherit, Macho. I'm thinking my next chucks will be Doctor Who or Star Trek themed.

11. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Chucks are 2.8" in circumference. The Little Chuck is 3" tall (excluding end caps, etc.) and the Chuck is 4.5" tall.

So, if you want a full wrap, the picture for a LC should be almost square but a smidge taller than it is wide. For the Chuck it should be a smidge more than 1.5 times as tall as it is wide.

Beyond that, a lot can be done with cropping, stretching, etc. but if you start off with a picture that is twice as wide as it is tall, you don't give Jeff much room to maneuver. (You can also write to him and tell him what you are looking for. He'll let you know if there are problems with your vision.)

12. z2x2

z2x2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Northern Cal
    I'd recommend doing what I did, include a photoshop of how you'd like your chuck to look. It doesn't have to be a professional job, just decent enough to help Jeff visualize what you want. If anyone NEEDS help with this, I am more than willing to help out.

13. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

From Jeff. If you are getting a Little Chuck, take one-third off the bottom.

14. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    Yeah the little chuck I got is like that. The placement is fine, but I got the gloss black with my white decal and white end caps, the decal came out greyish and the end caps are white so they don't match perfectly

15. bassthumper

bassthumper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    TN
    Pfft yeah Charlie Manson is such winner

16. Art-n-Cate

Art-n-Cate Super Member ECF Veteran

What is the order cut-off date for a guaranteed Christmas delivery? I think my hubby would believe in Santa again if he found a SeaHawks Chuck under the tree...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.