Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hey Papa,

You must be back from the Middle Kingdom of the Red Dragon safely. :thumb:

VA didn't have any in stock yet when I bought my third one (first two were preorder).

The high shipping costs/detours the packages take ought to be old hat for you. FWIW it has been just as bad on gear I bought from Canadian vendors, and higher prices to boot.

I am, indeed, back from the orient. Amazing just how un-prevalent vaping is where I was (half a dozen cites of >8M people). Got my picture taken ~5 times a day for being caucasian, double that in 5 minutes if I was seen vaping.

Gouging for shipping here is the norm, but $86 is a new high (low?) bar. Can't imagine how many trips around the world it would take for those prices :)

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Has anyone been using the Origen BF16 with the solid pin? I found this atty accommodates the 18490 MB Wizard very well.
2730a64059d19b1616f9c0b335aaa520.jpg

Sent from the land of squonking [emoji631]

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I am, indeed, back from the orient. Amazing just how un-prevalent vaping is where I was (half a dozen cites of >8M people). Got my picture taken ~5 times a day for being caucasian, double that in 5 minutes if I was seen vaping.

Gouging for shipping here is the norm, but $86 is a new high (low?) bar. Can't imagine how many trips around the world it would take for those prices :)
^^^
Kind of like a $40 order placed with a vendor in Dartmouth NS who charged $18 to ship in a small padded envelope what would have fit in a folded in half playing card, and it took forever to get it.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Same with DT's... not created equal. Doesn't matter much if its got a huge hole on top if the pass through hole is small. Best of the best for me are wide bore slip fit DT's that have the biggest pass through hole possible in DT's for these atty's. Now days I get them all from one MFG who even makes special ones for me no extra charge. I probably have 25-30 of his now, will buy more.
So those ghost caps from MFG fit the Origen just fine? Good point about the pass thru size.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
So those ghost caps from MFG fit the Origen just fine? Good point about the pass thru size.

The ones I have on mine from Syner pictured earlier in this thread fit fine in these atty's. The Delrin slip fit are like most are if made right and are tight until you work them in from use. I also have Delrin slip fit from him that are intentionally even tighter in any atty. IOW, he has many styles and sizes of them, and some of them with more than one spec within a style/size.. applies to both some metal and some Delrin. The SS DT in one of my O-16's works ideal with just one o-ring instead of the 2 it comes with installed.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm getting nervous my tracking info says it should have been delivered yesterday and it's not here and hasn't been updated in 3 days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me started on shipping snafu's. If it's any solace, I have never had a package lost. Delayed, yes. Shipped to the wrong country, yes (multiple times, but then on to me). Eventually, though, they always get here. My money is on you getting yours.

Samasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Huber Heights, Ohio
I ordered mine on Oct 9, and it just arrived in my mailbox on Wednesday, Oct 21. It took a bit of a detour I guess. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, plan on building this weekend. Like Papa, I have had packages delayed many times but they always arrive eventually.

Reactions: xtreme101

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have tried several builds in my 3 O-16's now, single and dual contact, using 29, 27 & 26 gauge with mostly 2.5mm coils, all sub ohm to as low as .3 ohm. Changed another one this AM to .44 ohm within what has proven to be my best flavor build range for 6 of my ADV's in these little atty's. 26ga, 2.5mm single or dual, .4-.75 ohm range depending on which juice, both AFC's wide open for both single and dual coils for my LDLH's. I can live with these just fine with these builds, but still want to play with parallel, twisted and 3mm builds in them if I can ever put them down long enough to do so. I'm going through a ton of juice in the 3 3ml bottles in the Mini 1.0's with these atty's. So sometime today I'll dig out the 6ml square soy bottles I bought for the Mini 2.1's to try running them in the Mini 1.0's. (I tried them for fit when I first got the 1.0's... it's a snug fit but they do fit). AFN...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Finally had a chance to re-coil one of my O-16's yesterday and the jury is still out... I went from 26g Ni80 2.5mm dia @.4Ω to a standard 26g KA1 2.5mm dia @.55Ω and not really feeling it at the moment. First thing is it takes about 2-3 seconds to heat up and there is just not enough heat in the vape. My 26g Ni80 coils heat up instantly. I was trying to use 28g Ni80 and it just wasn't cooperating at all and was just too flimsy to work with. I like Ni80 because generally it heats up faster and in my experience, the coils last a little longer using it in conjunction with the RxW. I will experiment a little more this coming week and see how it goes...

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Finally had a chance to re-coil one of my O-16's yesterday and the jury is still out... I went from 26g Ni80 2.5mm dia @.4Ω to a standard 26g KA1 2.5mm dia @.55Ω and not really feeling it at the moment. First thing is it takes about 2-3 seconds to heat up and there is just not enough heat in the vape. My 26g Ni80 coils heat up instantly. I was trying to use 28g Ni80 and it just wasn't cooperating at all and was just too flimsy to work with. I like Ni80 because generally it heats up faster and in my experience, the coils last a little longer using it in conjunction with the RxW. I will experiment a little more this coming week and see how it goes...

How come you didn't build it like you normally would with the other coil?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
How come you didn't build it like you normally would with the other coil?
Not sure what you're asking? If I would've stayed with 26g Ni80 it would've been like a 10/11 wrap to get over .5Ω and that would take even longer to heat up... That is why I was trying to go with 28g Ni80, but it was just too flimsy and the O-16 has too small a deck to work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread