Status
Not open for further replies.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
the Mini I got from the classifieds needs some help. the 510 connection is torn up.. and I think this is the reason for the misfires I'm having.

I washed her down real good and replaced the bottle and tube, filed the pin and replaced the goop. fresh batteries.. I can feel that the pin makes a connection with the battery, but no power to the carto or RM2 more than half the time. using AW IMR 14500 600mah button tops.

these pics don't do it justice.. there's gouges in on the bottom. I don't even know..

IMG_20140228_224844.jpg IMG_20140228_224922.jpg

anyone know of something else to try? should I take it all apart and check everything? I know next time, I'll ask for a pic of the connection when buying previously loved.

Last edited:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
the Mini I got from the classifieds needs some help. the 510 connection is torn up.. and I think this is the reason for the misfires I'm having.

I washed her down real good and replaced the bottle and tube, filed the pin and replaced the goop. fresh batteries.. I can feel that the pin makes a connection with the battery, but no power to the carto or RM2 more than half the time. using AW IMR 14500 600mah button tops.

these pics don't do it justice.. there's gouges in on the bottom. I don't even know..

View attachment 310909 View attachment 310910

anyone know of something else to try? should I take it all apart and check everything? I know next time, I'll ask for a pic of the connection when buying previously loved.

The center seems to be off center. You might have a broken gasket. The rebuild kit will fix it right up.

Even if you push up on the post the feed tube goes on and it fires, if the gasket is toast you will be prone to getting a short. It might work fine for a bit or until you put on another atty and it will shift again.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA

View attachment 310909 View attachment 310910

i hope you get it all fixed up! og mini's are so special. i may have to part with one of my 4 come woodvil delivery :X

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine

The center seems to be off center. You might have a broken gasket. The rebuild kit will fix it right up.

Even if you push up on the post the feed tube goes on and it fires, if the gasket is toast you will be prone to getting a short. It might work fine for a bit or until you put on another atty and it will shift again.

thanks Karen! good thing I like to take things apart- get the tools!!

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Karen may be right...but I say since you like taking things apart, and you have the kit to fix it all if needed...try to fix what ya got first! Nothing wrong with learning something :)

certainly willing! but if all else fails, I feel good about knowing I can send her home to the master and she'll come back good as new.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
certainly willing! but if all else fails, I feel good about knowing I can send her home to the master and she'll come back good as new.
awww! i saw you sold her on the classies!! i hope you got a woody to fill the void!
hi, coming out of lurk mode to say

another sat. and another missed original reo in the classifieds! (well missed two but could only afford 1 of them)

so weird that they always seem to come up on a sat which is when I work!

I guess the universe is trying to tell me something :)

I'll be sure to list any of mine on a non-saturday. i think i may have to sell one or two to offset the costs of the woodies. but i'm waiting until i spent some time with my woodies to make sure i love them as much as my og minis.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I'm shooting for another Mini 2.1 once the upgrade kits are ready. I'm a texture freak.. the size.. wanted to love her, fixed her up nice so someone else could!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

awww. i love the satin-y feel of the og's compared to the powder coating.
Go get one of those 18490 woodies!!
texture. gonna be weird holding a woody instead of a mini :X

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
Hi folks I have been stalking these Reo threads for a while now. Loved watching the sale. Figured if people were so satisfied that I wanted to give one a try so I was lucky enough that Sterno let me buy his: Vintige Reo mini first run polished. Not knowing to much on these.
Can I use a Sanyo 14500 flat top battery in it safely? I am so excited. Can't wait for it to arrive. It looks like I have some work ahead of me with this but it is gonna be great when done. Really looking forward to experiencing how a Reo works. Well gotta do some more reading and watchin some more videos on building RM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread