Status
Not open for further replies.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Hi folks I have been stalking these Reo threads for a while now. Loved watching the sale. Figured if people were so satisfied that I wanted to give one a try so I was lucky enough that Sterno let me buy his: Vintige Reo mini first run polished. Not knowing to much on these.
Can I use a Sanyo 14500 flat top battery in it safely? I am so excited. Can't wait for it to arrive. It looks like I have some work ahead of me with this but it is gonna be great when done. Really looking forward to experiencing how a Reo works. Well gotta do some more reading and watchin some more videos on building RM2.

YAY! congrats on your mini!!! It looked well loved :) but that's called character!!! I have zero input on the battery, sorry, as all i use are the aw imr's. but i believe the button tops are recommended.
I hope you love it, and post pictures!!! the rm2's are super simple :)

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
I believe he must have a lot of patients to have put up with all my ????s. May have been the longest sell he's had. Very nice guy. So glad that he takes care of stuffs cause I'mma going in blind as to what this squonking is all about. I am watchin the videos and stuffs to fiqure it all out. The best part of Vapeing is learning new stuff. Don't yall think? Can't wait to get this well loved little box in my hands.

Sterno takes good care of stuff, you will be very happy. Sweet deal ya got!

Not sure about flat tops, but I have used efest and aws in mine. I use flat tops in my grand, you should be fine. Check the max amp draw so you don't build a coil that it can't handle.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I believe he must have a lot of patients to have put up with all my ????s. May have been the longest sell he's had. Very nice guy. So glad that he takes care of stuffs cause I'mma going in blind as to what this squonking is all about. I am watchin the videos and stuffs to fiqure it all out. The best part of Vapeing is learning new stuff. Don't yall think? Can't wait to get this well loved little box in my hands.

you'll do great! og minis were my first reo too, and i had never rebuilt. there's heap of info here and so many nice reonauts to help :)

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
And I bought solace's Blue OG in the classies today. So excited to be getting a piece of Reo history. I'm going to try and entice my wife into using it. She has very small hands. Should be perfect for her.

glad she's going to a good home and will be appreciated and loved!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Silverdove, welcome. I also started with a Mini and still love them and still have several. Flat top batteries will work, but button tops are better. The recommended battery is the AW IMR 14500 600 mAh button top. Next time you put in a battery order, I'd recommend those for sure. The flat tops are a little hard on the firing pin because it has to bend a little more to make contact.

You are in for a treat. If you have ANY questions at all, be sure to ask. We are all happy to help in any way.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Silverdove, welcome. I also started with a Mini and still love them and still have several. Flat top batteries will work, but button tops are better. The recommended battery is the AW IMR 14500 600 mAh button top. Next time you put in a battery order, I'd recommend those for sure. The flat tops are a little hard on the firing pin because it has to bend a little more to make contact.

You are in for a treat. If you have ANY questions at all, be sure to ask. We are all happy to help in any way.

i needed some more batteries, and ordered some from where i won't say. they are authentic aw imrs as far as i understand, but they have a larger button top, and say 700 mah on them instead of 600. i actually prefer these. they "feel" like they last a little longer ( i could just be crazy ) and it feels like the larger button top makes contact much better.

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
I don't think I've put a picture of my wife's OG Mini up on here. Well here it is next to my Grand. I think she is ready to try an RM2 on it. Does Rob still have to mill them down for the OGs?

IMG_20140301_214938.jpg

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I don't think I've put a picture of my wife's OG Mini up on here. Well here it is next to my Grand. I think she is ready to try an RM2 on it. Does Rob still have to mill them down for the OGs?

View attachment 311340

no. all of my rm2's are like 2-4 months old? god i can't even remember when i got mine. and they fit perfectly. one of my minis prefers a larger o ring, but i think that's just subjective about which way you want the air hole to face.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Hi folks I have been stalking these Reo threads for a while now. Loved watching the sale. Figured if people were so satisfied that I wanted to give one a try so I was lucky enough that Sterno let me buy his: Vintige Reo mini first run polished. Not knowing to much on these.
Can I use a Sanyo 14500 flat top battery in it safely? I am so excited. Can't wait for it to arrive. It looks like I have some work ahead of me with this but it is gonna be great when done. Really looking forward to experiencing how a Reo works. Well gotta do some more reading and watchin some more videos on building RM2.

Welcome aboard, that was an AWESOME deal, and it comes with a RM2 as well - so you're set!

I'm not sure about the flat top - I use the button top batteries in mine.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
awww! i saw you sold her on the classies!! i hope you got a woody to fill the void!

I'll be sure to list any of mine on a non-saturday. i think i may have to sell one or two to offset the costs of the woodies. but i'm waiting until i spent some time with my woodies to make sure i love them as much as my og minis.

whoops! i realized i listed mine on a saturday :/
she found a good home though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread