O'RING FREEMAX FIRELUKE MESH SUB-OHM TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I made the hardware store suggestion over a page ago, I think it's time to try it too, OP. It's not going to harm your currently totally non working tank if it comes from the hardware store. Bring the busted one with you I'm fairly certain you can find something of the right dimensions as clearly, the universe does not seem to want you to get an original part.

Anna

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Can't you just take the old oring in to your local hardware store and try to find a similar sized oring? Also it's perfectly fine to clean your tank with some soap and water. Just rinse it thoroughly.
Also I have tried this and all they said was they didn’t have that size and they had some sort of rubber rings they showed me and none of them fit :(

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Freemazbx jerry told me to buy a new tank and not to wash it lol
I was referring to the whole reason it broke in the first place. You said you slid a dry pad through the tank which grabbed the oring and ripped it out. Using soap and water or even alcohol is perfectly fine for cleaning the tank .

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
I was referring to the whole reason it broke in the first place. You said you slid a dry pad through the tank which grabbed the oring and ripped it out. Using soap and water or even alcohol is perfectly fine for cleaning the tank .
That’s good to know but what I’m saying is I was already told before I broke it not to be washing it with water and soap or anything. That anything I am just had to be dry for every piece. I’m new to the bank so I’m getting lots of different information and I’m not sure what is the right information

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dood, I would at that point be tempted to break it more, and send it in if I got that response.

I have never, ever, ever heard that one was not supposed to wash every part of the tank, and honestly, unless there were a very large card inside in bold red lettering from the manufacturer stating "DO not WASH THIS TANK and also SURE, WE'LL PAY FOR ANY ILLNESS INCLUDING HEP C if you don't wash it," they are still kind of liable.

It's not as if people don't routinely wash tanks. Unless you can find explicit instructions ANYWHERE in your kit email them back saying a) I wash tanks because not doing so is gross and b) if your tank is too fragile to wash, it should be EXPLICITLY stated and c) WTH????

It's not as if sending an extra o-ring would be OH SO INCONVENIENT for them.

If have no idea if your tank is "unwashable" but I have not heard of the concept before it's pretty routine to wash tanks.

This is nuts. This tank cost you over 50 bucks, right? Fight it, join their FB page and complain. LOUDLY.

I had to do that with one of my warranties, but I eventually got it. I'm not normally that fierce, but it became a principle thing. I would up getting it.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
That’s good to know but what I’m saying is I was already told before I broke it not to be washing it with water and soap or anything. That anything I am just had to be dry for every piece. I’m new to the bank so I’m getting lots of different information and I’m not sure what is the right information
I used voice to text on this comment clearly as it makes no sense lol
That any piece I cleaned had to be cleaned with dry q-tips or cosmetic cotton pads or something *****
I’m new to the vape *****

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Well its a good thing you found ECF. I can assure you there are some very knowledgeable people here that know what they are talking about. Good luck.:)

P.S. Sorry I did not see that you had tried the hardware store.It's not like me to not read all the responses before weighing in.;)
That’s okay, I’m bad for posting books of messages, sometimes way to long so people tend to not read them, understandably lol and I’ve gotten more help here then google and any store. I’ve gotten a lot of good advice! Im new to vaping so I’ll probably be posting in future with more questions haha

Reactions: Eskie

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Dood, I would at that point be tempted to break it more, and send it in if I got that response.

I have never, ever, ever heard that one was not supposed to wash every part of the tank, and honestly, unless there were a very large card inside in bold red lettering from the manufacturer stating "DO not WASH THIS TANK and also SURE, WE'LL PAY FOR ANY ILLNESS INCLUDING HEP C if you don't wash it," they are still kind of liable.

It's not as if people don't routinely wash tanks. Unless you can find explicit instructions ANYWHERE in your kit email them back saying a) I wash tanks because not doing so is gross and b) if your tank is too fragile to wash, it should be EXPLICITLY stated and c) WTH????

It's not as if sending an extra o-ring would be OH SO INCONVENIENT for them.

If have no idea if your tank is "unwashable" but I have not heard of the concept before it's pretty routine to wash tanks.

This is nuts. This tank cost you over 50 bucks, right? Fight it, join their FB page and complain. LOUDLY.

I had to do that with one of my warranties, but I eventually got it. I'm not normally that fierce, but it became a principle thing. I would up getting it.

Anna
Oh no no I had freemax jerry on this website tell me not to wash it. I wash all parts with water except for the coil obv because I’d rather not get moisture build up in my lungs but every other piece of used water, Etc. A few people told me to contact him on here about that O-ring to see if he could suggest anything and essentially, his response was to buy a brand new tank and not to wash that part anymore. Which makes no sense to me. I don’t see why I shouldn’t wash that part and he later said something about not washing the any parts with water. Using dry things and I’m like what? How you gonna clean e-juice off .... without water. So I posted the same original question I asked ( the post you originally commented on ) in another thread that another commenter told me to comment on and that freemax jerry would know how to help. A few people told me to try him, so I commented the same post about the o’rong in this thread with the photos and his response verbatim was “Dear Emily. Upon checking your problem, we found that the O'ring is broken when you cleaning it. In fact, we don't recommend you to wash this part. Because the O'ring will be soft and out of shape after washing. For that problem, you can buy a new tank, such as FreeMax Mesh Pro. And also, pls take a good care of the O'ring after have a new tank. Many thanks.”
So basically buy a brand new tank and don’t wash that part.... like really?? That’s the best you can tell me. Other people commented on how much of a horrible suggestion that was. I’m like it’s not even a month old I’m not buying a new one for this one stupid ring and ALL parts should be washable except the coil. What shouldn’t happen is .... breaking easily and then no replacements for it. Then in another comment or post or something is when he said I shouldn’t be washing any of the parts so I just gave up. Actually it might’ve been a PM he said that but then I asked other members if that were true because it didn’t seem right: I’m getting frustrated buy my first ever vape. A beautiful new smok mod, a beautiful mesh tank and in less than a month this .... is happening and I can’t find a solution so I’m hoping the store owner will be more helpful. But I got more help on here then anywhere else except for this guys’ response -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread