O'RING FREEMAX FIRELUKE MESH SUB-OHM TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Emily Donovan,

Is this what you need?
Fireluke MESH - Custom Color Gaskets Orings Seals for Original Glass Piece ( 3x Pair )

They seem to have all of the pieces for the mes. If these are not them, just look around the website.

:)
I’ve seen that exact post and website, sadly the o’ring I need isn’t in the replacement packs. When I bought the tank, it included a baggie with replacement o-rings and that sad the only one not included. The store even checked another new tank to see if I was just missing that one and none of them come with this specific o-ring in the replacements which makes no sense because it seems to be an important piece for the tank. I guess they assumed it was durable enough that it wouldn’t come out but mine clearly wasn’t. I’m thinking there might of been a small nick in it when they were making it and when I went to clean it it snapped. I looked all over google to find this o-ring and can’t anywhere. It’s also hard when you don’t know the name of this o’ring and google apparently doesn’t like it when you are too specific with your search lol I searched so many different things. I came across two different names for the piece the o-ring is inside of: top cap and mouthbase so I’m not sure which one is the proper name but I tried searching o’rong and the tried both names after and can’t find that ring anywhere, nor can I even find my specific top cap to buy as replacement by itself. Mine is freemax fireluke mesh sub ohm (carbon fiber: purple) and I can’t find that specific piece to buy alone. Another member told me to buy a whole new tank and I refuse to. It cost me $53 and it’s not even a month old. I don’t understand why this piece is so impossible to find. The store owner of the store I purchased it in is back tomorrow so im going to try to take it in to show her.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
So update
I contacted freemax on Facebook, I’ve attached a photo of the pages name and front page. I’m assuming maybe they weren’t legit but they seemed to be and by his responses I’m still not sure. But I explained the whole situation about my o-ring that broken and his response was:

“Got it. Em, if you want to clean your tank, we recommend you to wash the fish bowl. And I'm so sorry to tell you that our company don't provide the o'ring replacement. Maybe you can buy a new one. As you know, a normal tank can last 2-3 weeks.

So I responded to that nonsense and his response again was

“Em, so sorry for that problem. My boss said that there are no o'ring replacement on the aftersale service. When you buy a new tank, pls take a good care of the tank and o'ring and don’t wash the tank.”

So I responded again and he then said

“Daniel, (yea he called me Daniel when my name is clearly Emily on Facebook.) I really want to give you the o'ring replacement. But actually, the o'ring is not included in our aftersale service. I'll take your feedback to our development department and provide the better products to you in the future.”
So essentially no solution, and instead I lost brain cells during this conversation. This can’t be the actual company. It has to be a joke man... not to mention he called me bro at the beginning of the convo. God help me.
8CD8E5BF-31AF-406F-8163-775ACD8FB0E1.jpeg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
After reading Jerry's reply to you I apologize for suggesting you ask him for help. Woefully bad advice both to buy a new tank because of a failed o-ring and that you shouldn't clean your tank.

I have more tanks than I can count and I wash them thoroughly every time I change a coil or flavor. Been doing this for 6 years. The only negative impact I've experienced from washing is I once rinsed an o-ring down the drain.

Freemax Mesh Pro is one of the best drop in coil tanks I own. I don't know the Fireluke but I would guess same/similar quality, so don't give up on the Freemax line based on bad o-ring or truly horrible advice from Freemax.

Places that rebuild pumps, hydraulics, etc... typically will have o-ring repair kits. Something like this Loctite 228171 - O-Ring Making Kit, Standard
Basically different diameter long rubber strings that are cut to length and the ends glues together to form and o-ring. The kit itself would cost more than a few tanks but if you found a place like that in town they might help you out. If your university has industrial or engineering courses you might ask those guys to help you out they may have access to some helpful resources.

I have some pretty industrious coworkers in Newfoundland, if you get desperate I can send you a phone number and you can put them to work, Newfies love a challenge.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
After reading Jerry's reply to you I apologize for suggesting you ask him for help. Woefully bad advice both to buy a new tank because of a failed o-ring and that you shouldn't clean your tank. I have more thanks than I can count and I wash them thoroughly every time I change a coil or flavor. Been doing this for 6 years. The only negative impact I've experienced from washing is I once rinsed an o-ring down the drain.

Freemax Mesh Pro is one of the best drop in coil tanks I own. I don't know the Fireluke but I would guess same/similar quality, so don't give up on the Freemax line based on bad o-ring or truly horrible advice from Freemax.

Places that rebuild pumps, hydraulics, etc... typically will have o-ring repair kits. Something like this Loctite 228171 - O-Ring Making Kit, Standard
Basically different diameter long rubber strings that are cut to length and the ends glues together to form and o-ring. The kit itself would cost more than a few tanks but if you found a place like that in town they might help you out. If your university has industrial or engineering courses you might ask those guys to help you out they may have access to some helpful resources.

I have some pretty industrious coworkers in Newfoundland, if you get desperate I can send you a phone number and you can put them to work Newfies love a challenge.

Good luck in your search.
As a girl from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia I particularly appreciate the Newfie comment haha. No worries bud you were trying to help. Someone else told me to contact him too. Just trying to help is all, his response isn’t your fault. But if you see my newest update about contacting freemax on Facebook you’ll see I was told my tank has to be replaced every 2-3 weeks (wtf) and that I shouldn’t wash the tank. After numerous responses telling me I can, and my own common sense I know I can clean it. That’s just the company trying to blame me for the reason it’s broken. I’ve clearly gotten a faulty tank. I love freemax and I love this fireluke! When it’s working it’s an amazing tank in the coils last 3 to 4 weeks. The taste is great and I just love it in general but when it’s not working it’s bad. Especially when I can’t seem to get it fixed without having to go through a whole lot of hassle. There’s o-ring should be available, And if it’s not then I should be able to have either the top Cap or the whole tank replaced considering it’s not even a month old. I may look into talking to some people at the University as well as you suggested. I definitely can’t afford to buy that kit although I would love to if it would save any further issues but I just don’t have the money for it. I am going to try to take it to the store tomorrow because the owners back and I’m hoping she can either give me a different O-ring or replace the top cap or something. If that doesn’t work I will be trying to go to the school to see if they can help me out. Thank you for all of your suggestions and don’t apologize because this thread has helped me a hell of a lot more than anyone else has

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
The owner should be able to fulfill the warranty. She can take your old tank and send it back to her vendor and give you a new one. I can't imagine that any vape shop would work any differently than any other retail store.
Yea im going back to the store tomorrow when the owner is in. She has been great to help me with any issues so hopefully, there is some aspect to the warranty that will cover this and get me a replacement. Ill update tomorrow when i see them !

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
While I don't know Jerry and am certainly not making any excuses for him. Keep in mind he is probably Chinese and not very good at speaking or writing in English. Judging from his responses I think he may not completely understand the problem. The 3-4 week comment makes me think he's talking about the coil. Io_O

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i would take a trip to home depot or lowes or visit a few vape shops and bring your o-ring with you, im sure its a standard size otherwise it would cost them more to produce and would cut into there profits,take a look in the plumbing department and look at the faucet parts section,its a shame a part that could get broken so easily is so hard to replace.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
i would take a trip to home depot or lowes or visit a few vape shops and bring your o-ring with you, im sure its a standard size otherwise it would cost them more to produce and would cut into there profits,take a look in the plumbing department and look at the faucet parts section,its a shame a part that could get broken so easily is so hard to replace.
I already tried hardware stores, car parts an a plumbing place an no one seems to be able to help. Apparently, according to the store, this o'ring doesnt break easily but it clearly does because it was already damaged when i got it. i had the same issue with the juice coming up through the mouthpiece before an she thought it was the coil but all along it was this stupid o'ring. either way if they are going to add replacement o'rings with the tank when you buy it, ALL o'rings should be included incase they break. because clearly this is causing alot of issues with the tank and its an essential piece. the store isnt understanding me and telling me it shouldnt be the o'ring causing the issue but it is. it didnt start happening until this piece came out. It works when i adjust the broken ends an manage to push them together then it works but if i take the cap off to add more juice it moves and starts happening again

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
The owner should be able to fulfill the warranty. She can take your old tank and send it back to her vendor and give you a new one. I can't imagine that any vape shop would work any differently than any other retail store.
I went in today and they have a 24 hour warranty on tanks -_- im just under a month so its too late :(

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
While I don't know Jerry and am certainly not making any excuses for him. Keep in mind he is probably Chinese and not very good at speaking or writing in English. Judging from his responses I think he may not completely understand the problem. The 3-4 week comment makes me think he's talking about the coil. Io_O
Jerry wasn't the one that said the tank only last 3-4 weeks, it was some facebook page called freemax tech or something, i attached a photo of the fb page with that comment. I dont know who they are but he definitely meant the coil but things are lost in translation (no pun intended) and hes telling me to buy a whole new tank and no store seems to be able to help me either. its so frustrating. its one small o'ring. like if they are making new tanks they obv have these o'rings when making them, they should have one to send me and in future should be including the o'ring with the other replacement ones

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Yeah I can certainly understand the frustration. I also agree that they obviously have access to these orings and at the very least they should be able to at least tell you the size of it. I would maybe ask if they could at least do that for you. I am sure someone here could send you the oring .:)

Edit- I know you are broke but this is a good deal.
FireLuke Tank by Freemax Vape

Last edited:
  • Useful

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Yeah I can certainly understand the frustration. I also agree that they obviously have access to these orings and at the very least they should be able to at least tell you the size of it. I would maybe ask if they could at least do that for you. I am sure someone here could send you the oring .:)

Edit- I know you are broke but this is a good deal.
FireLuke Tank by Freemax Vape
ughhh it even holds more than my current one. I wish i had the money for it :(

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread