Status
Not open for further replies.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
If you like playing with yarn, Ravelry is a great place. Some of the sub forums are on-topic with knitting, crochet, weaving, etc., but you can probably find others covering almost any other topic you can think of. I've not found any vaping groups over there, but I've got that covered over here.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
as i really enjoy this forum i'd like to join some more forums... :D i never been part of something like this and don't know what to search for when looking for some other forum.

do you have any recomendations? i'm looking for some general forums but it could be recomendations for something you enjoy too... :)

cheers in advance! :) <3

If you're looking for vaping forums there's A Brit Forum (besides this) you might enjoy.
As has been noted a good search engine would be helpful.
Vaping forums other than ECF tend to be sophomoric or lack decorum in their discussions.
Have phun.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I feel like I can't possibly heap enough caveats and abdications of responsibility on this suggestion, but Reddit is like the Grand Central Station of forums.

Anyone can start a forum (called a subreddit) for anything and be the moderator of it. There are several vaping forums. A good place to start is: Vaping • r/Vaping Other prominent subreddits for vaping are listed in the sidebar.

I personally subscribe to twelve subreddits. (That means when I open Reddit, I see the latest posts from those forums.) Mine are: Arduino (a brand of single-board computers), Conlangs (constructed languages), DIY, Electronics, Fantasywriters, Jokes, Roku (a device for streaming tv), Timetravel, Woodworking, Worldbuilding and some region-specific ones, so you can see what a variety is available.

Now here's where the caveats come in: the basic rule of Reddit is "keep it legal." That's about it.

Whoever creates a subreddit determines what type of moderation it has. Some are very strict: one toe out of line, and you're permanently banned. Some are sort of strict: no banter, just the topic at hand.

Some subreddits are quite free-wheeling as long as you're not using bad language, attacking others, or posting inappropriate pictures.

Some virtually demand raunchy posts: if you don't use very foul language, engage in flame wars, and post filthy pics, you'll be totally ignored.

All I can say is I was on Usenet for more than a decade, so I consider myself fairly jaded when it comes to Internet postings, but there are many subreddits I would never consider visiting.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi, Princess. You've already received good advice from my learned colleagues, so I'll just add that you don't have to join anything right away. Visit a few forums that might be of interest to you as a guest first. You'll have access to almost all the information they provide without making a commitment. If you decide that you really like it, or if you feel that you just have to join a conversation (or ask a question), than it's time to become a member. I visit other e-cig forums, but never felt compelled to join--for various reasons. ;)

I don't know anything about "general" forums--usually you'll have to find a subject that is of interest to you.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
What are you interested in? There are thousands of forums dedicated to just about any subject you could dream up on the internet. Some are ok, some are good, some are not very good at all. Tell us what you are interested in and maybe someone can suggest a good one. I probably belong to a hundred or so different forums, although not active on many of them anymore. Most of the ones I belong to are hunting, archery, guns, airsoft, various cars I have owned, scooters, police scanners/ham radio, computers and stuff like that.

princess Beth

Oct 18, 2017
London, GB
If you like playing with yarn, Ravelry is a great place. Some of the sub forums are on-topic with knitting, crochet, weaving, etc., but you can probably find others covering almost any other topic you can think of. I've not found any vaping groups over there, but I've got that covered over here.

yes! i love knitting! <3 thank you i'll check it out over the weekend

princess Beth

Oct 18, 2017
London, GB
I feel like I can't possibly heap enough caveats and abdications of responsibility on this suggestion, but Reddit is like the Grand Central Station of forums.

Anyone can start a forum (called a subreddit) for anything and be the moderator of it. There are several vaping forums. A good place to start is: Vaping • r/Vaping Other prominent subreddits for vaping are listed in the sidebar.

I personally subscribe to twelve subreddits. (That means when I open Reddit, I see the latest posts from those forums.) Mine are: Arduino (a brand of single-board computers), Conlangs (constructed languages), DIY, Electronics, Fantasywriters, Jokes, Roku (a device for streaming tv), Timetravel, Woodworking, Worldbuilding and some region-specific ones, so you can see what a variety is available.

Now here's where the caveats come in: the basic rule of Reddit is "keep it legal." That's about it.

Whoever creates a subreddit determines what type of moderation it has. Some are very strict: one toe out of line, and you're permanently banned. Some are sort of strict: no banter, just the topic at hand.

Some subreddits are quite free-wheeling as long as you're not using bad language, attacking others, or posting inappropriate pictures.

Some virtually demand raunchy posts: if you don't use very foul language, engage in flame wars, and post filthy pics, you'll be totally ignored.

All I can say is I was on Usenet for more than a decade, so I consider myself fairly jaded when it comes to Internet postings, but there are many subreddits I would never consider visiting.

i found reddit recently but i'm quite confused with how things work over there... this however helps so thank you! i'll give it one more shot. :)

princess Beth

Oct 18, 2017
London, GB
What are you interested in? There are thousands of forums dedicated to just about any subject you could dream up on the internet. Some are ok, some are good, some are not very good at all. Tell us what you are interested in and maybe someone can suggest a good one. I probably belong to a hundred or so different forums, although not active on many of them anymore. Most of the ones I belong to are hunting, archery, guns, airsoft, various cars I have owned, scooters, police scanners/ham radio, computers and stuff like that.

i have quite many hobbies to be honest. for example: traveling, music, dance, food, beauty...
you're interests sound all exciting but i wouldn't understand any of the topics haha...:oops:

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Well, being that you are a Princess from London and I am just some hick country boy from the US our interests are probably going to differ a bit lol. I can't give you any specific advice on the topics you mentioned, other than I assure you there are plenty of forums dedicated to all of those.

If I had the chance I would nudge you towards archery though. It is a fantastic sport for women. I little pricey to get into though. And if you live in the city you would probably have to join some kind of club or range where you could shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread