Out of the loop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
Hi all! I have been vaping for about 7 years now. I started with those crappy carts with the foam in them and moved on to dripping. As soon as the EVOD came out, I snatched one up and solved all my leaky, hard to carry, inconvenient ecig problems. And, that's where I have stayed (stagnated) ever since. Recently, I have begun looking for something newer (whats not?) and more exciting to continue my vaping experience. AND IM LOST. There is too much out there, so I figured why not come back to the forum and get some advice. Im looking for something that is small, slim and compact that travels well with an easily fillable tank. I would like the coils to be reasonable to replace and hold up well. Remember, I haven't read up on any of the new technology, so the K.I.S.S. principle applies. The more user friendly the better!! Thanks for any advice!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Since you like the EVOD which is a tight MTL draw I would actually say wait just a bit longer. PBusardo, Dimitri (Vaping Greek) have teamed up with Innokin to make some new tanks. They have one coming soon called the Platform Zenith that I think will fit your bill nicely. We don't know too much about it yet other than it will be an affordable MTL tank with replaceable coils designed by two people that really know their stuff. The first one released was a rebuildable tank that seems to be a hit with the MTL crowd.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
For that reason alone I would go with the JAC over the zelos.

I mention it more due to cost... buying the batteries and charger - while exceedingly convenient to have external batteries - is a tad more costly. Not everyone has the money.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I mention it more due to cost... buying the batteries and charger - while exceedingly convenient to have external batteries - is a tad more costly. Not everyone has the money.

Pay now or pay more later, the cost of the charger and external batts is more than offset by not having to buy a whole new device later when the batts die.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
If you wanted to keep it really simple there's the Innokin T22, it's a nice MTL device with 1.5ohm drop-in coils and an internal battery.
If you got into rebuilding the EVOD coils, the Ego One has a CLR rebiuldable coil head that just looks like a giant EVOD BCC.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    And the first reply was....a Pico.
    Not surprised and don't disagree in the slightest.

One day I'll get one just so I can recommend the damn thing.

Welcome back by the way :)

agree!
    I'm so far out of the loop that "Pico" sounds like something on your nose that you should squeeze. and ELLO sounds like a kids toy or something.

Point is that there is nothing wrong with "old school". If it's what you like .... it's what you like!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nothing wrong with old school, or trying something new, or both, really :)

I prefer internal battery mods for many reasons, but one of my favorites is not having to sit around waiting for them to charge. If you have enough batteries in rotation, it can be so much simpler to just swap them out for a fresh one. It's really worth looking into for so many reasons: longevity of mod (possibly, not always) having extra batteries handy rather than having to be on a full charge, etc.

Best of luck with what you decide, you have gotten some good recommendations.

Anna

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    small, slim and compact that travels well with an easily fillable tank. I would like the coils to be reasonable to replace and hold up well

Istick Trim kit using GS air coils, looks pretty close to what you are asking. Newer kit but the coils have many fans.

Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

GL

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Im looking for something that is small, slim and compact that travels well with an easily fillable tank. I would like the coils to be reasonable to replace and hold up well. Remember, I haven't read up on any of the new technology, so the K.I.S.S. principle applies. The more user friendly the better!!

Keeping all of the above in mind, and what you've been used to using, I recommend any of the following. They aren't "the newest thing" by any means, but are still available and used by many people. I use them all, and I bought multiples of each one for my stash since using and really liking my first one of each of them. Several people I've helped to switch to vaping also love theirs.

iStick Basic Kit:
    * 2600mAh internal battery mod
    * Eleaf GS-Air 2 - special Basic tank fits in the mod
    * Coils are very easy to find & work well
    * Push the power button & vape - no VV/VW
    * Recharges with included Micro-USB cable
    * Comes with 2 magnetic connectors for tanks - 510 & eGo
    * Can use many 14mm tanks in it - I've used PT2 Mini, PT3 Mini, Evods, Aspire K1 and K2, Innokin 16D and 16B clearos
    * It's very compact & sleek because of its design with the tank inside it, is pocket/purse friendly, etc.
    * Comes in at least 4 colors

Innokin Coolfire IV 40W mod: (accepts any 22mm or smaller 510 tank, or eGo tank using the included adapter for the eGo ones):
    * Has a 2000mAh internal battery
    * Is VV/VW with an easy to read screen
    * Has passthrough capability while charging
    * Charges relatively quickly with included Micro-USB cable
    * Has a nice shape that is very comfortable in the hand
    * Comes in at least 6 colors, though all aren't always still available

KangerTech Evod Mega Kit:
    * 1900mAh internal battery, 18.5mm dia., tube-shaped mod
    * Push the button & vape - no VV/VW to mess with
    * Matching 2.5mL tank (but can use any 510 or eGo tank 18.5mm in diameter or less)
    * Tank takes readily available, inexpensive, Kanger Dual Coil coils in the whitish colored box
    * Comes with Micro USB cable & charges pretty quickly
    * Available in 5 colors

Last edited:

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    CustomMeme.jpg

Reactions: cats5365
    Status