Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Congrats on saving your lungs the trouble of smoking that many cigs! WTG!!

If the smell in the car is really getting to you, there are some things you can do. The easiest would be to spray every square inch of the interior with Febreze or Ozium. Another little trick that works would be to leave an open container (tupperware or such) of white vinegar in the car overnight. Or you can bite the bullet and have it detailed.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Thanks! Yeah, I have to try something to get that smell out, it's nauseating when the car has been closed up in the heat and I first get inside of it. I can't do the Febreeze thing due to fragrance sensitivities, it tends to set off a migraine for me. I will try the vinegar thing though, thanks for that suggestion!

ARuser

Oct 30, 2012
Arkansas
Zooker, this is a little late but I will tell you what works for the smoke smell in a car...ozone unit. You would have to leave the unit in the car over night with the doors closed and air it out real good the next day. Ozone is considered toxic in high concentrations. Just run a fan through the car after an overnight sitting with that ozone unit. It kills the enzymes that causes the smell.

It will leave a fresh clean smell through out the car. You may have to do this a couple of times if it's real bad. Works for animal and vomit smells too.

Congrats on quitting cigarettes! I know better that anyone how tied to those stupid things we are!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread