Overcharged battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
SoCal
If I were you I would put that battery somewhere outdoors and let it vent or cool off for a couple hours before disposing of it at a local recycling center like tj99959 recommended. Also it's important to note that charging batteries overnight is also dangerous. When charging batteries it's safe practice to be awake and aware in case of a fire and not charge batteries unattended.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It is a huangao universal charger and a EH imr battery

From FastTech? Which one? The $2.50 one or the $5.00 one? :facepalm:

Dude, get yourself a quality battery charger from RTD Vapor. I recommend a Nitecore Intellicharger or Xtar. BATTERY CHARGERS @ RTD

Get yourself a higher quality IMR battery from the same vendor BATTERIES @ RTD I recommend the red AW IMR.

DO NOT SKIMP ON MONEY when it comes to batteries or chargers. They are the heart of your setup and also the most dangerous. Bad things can happen when you use cheap poor quality batteries and chargers.

Battery Basics for Mods

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

IMR_battery_post-venting.jpg battery_failure.jpg Trustfire2.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not sure on the fast tech. That is all it said on both and the rest is in Chinese.
I was asking if you purchased them from FastTech. I had to Google Search the charger, and all the hits that came up were from FastTech. They are notorius for selling cheap poor quality items along with some decent quality items at a good price.

Both the charger and the batteries you have are poor quality, not considered to be safe for use for vaping purposes, and not recommended.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I was asking if you purchased them from FastTech. I had to Google Search the charger, and all the hits that came up were from FastTech. They are notorius for selling cheap poor quality items along with some decent quality items at a good price.

Both the charger and the batteries you have are poor quality, not considered to be safe for use for vaping purposes, and not recommended.

Agree wholeheartedly and as far as I'm concerned all Vendors (both China and U.S.) should not be selling these unsafe budget batteries and chargers.
When I first began vaping I had a battery/ charger failure. If I hadn't been present while the batts were charging there was the very real likelihood my home would've been a pile of ashes...worse than that the thought that a family member or neighbor might have been hurt. 6 batteries and 2 chargers and I threw them all in the garbage.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Bad, I got my Nitecore from Fasttech and it's the real thing and has been working fine for months. Zero issues here.

However, I would never order a cheap no brand charger or batteries from them.

The nice thing about Fasttech is they they don't lie--if they say that the charger is Nitecore Intellicharger or the tank is Kanger ProTank--you can go ahead and order. You'll get the genuine article.

Anyway, this has been my experience with them.

This is what I ordered:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1421/10001638/1119500-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart

FastTech only ships genuine Nitecore chargers.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Agree wholeheartedly and as far as I'm concerned all Vendors (both China and U.S.) should not be selling these unsafe budget batteries and chargers.
In all fairness, the OP is a novice and was not yet aware that when it comes to vaping, the highest quality batteries and chargers are required.

My intention is not to belittle him or her for purchasing cheap poor quality gear, it's impossible to know how to distinguish what is good (safe) and what is bad (not safe) when you are new and starting out. This comes from research and experience, and until one acquires this they need to depend upon the veteran leaders here to guide them in the right direction. ECF is a great resource for this, so never hesitate to ask questions.

Katya said:
Bad, I got my Nitecore from Fasttech and it's the real thing and has been working fine for months. Zero issues here.

However, I would never order a cheap no brand charger or batteries from them.

The nice thing about Fasttech is they they don't lie--if they say that the charger is Nitecore Intellicharger or the tank is Kanger ProTank--you can go ahead and order. You'll get the genuine article.
I could care less where he purchased the batteries or charger. The point is one can't order items haphazardly without carefully considering what is being purchased. The cheapest choice is rarely the BEST choice.

The batteries and chargers that we use in our mods are expected to perform at a high level and be safe. After all, they are put through heavy use all day and are used near our face each time we vape. The batteries have a lot of stored energy in them, and the chemistries are powerful and explosive should something go wrong. This is why we demand that they be the safest available that we can find.

Statistically, most battery-related incidents occur during charging. Batteries and chargers are not all created equal. A good indication that a battery or a charger is of poor quality is the price and whether it is a widely recognized name brand that has earned a reputation for quality and safety.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
In all fairness, the OP is a novice and was not yet aware that when it comes to vaping, the highest quality batteries and chargers are required.

My intention is not to belittle him or her for purchasing cheap poor quality gear, it's impossible to how to distinguish what is good (safe) and what is bad (not safe) when you are new and starting out. This comes from research and experience, and until one acquires this they need to depend upon the veteran leaders here to guide them in the right direction.

I could care less where he purchased the batteries or chargers. The point is one can't order items haphazardly without carefully considering what is being purchased.

The batteries and chargers that we use in vaping are expected to perform at a high level and safely. After all, they are put through heavy use all day and are used near our face each time we vape. The batteries have a lot of stored energy in them, and the chemistries are powerful and explosive should something go wrong. This is why we demand that they be the safest available that we can find.

Batteries and chargers are not all created equal. A good indication that a battery or a charger is of poor quality is the price and whether it is a widely recognized name brand that has earned a reputation for quality and safety.

I agree but Vendors put safety first in the last little while in regards to the juice ingredients. Should be the same all across the board. When I worked in construction I always bought the best...on sale :facepalm:
Just a good thing that there's a place for new vapers to come and learn about this stuff. When I was thinking of becoming a Vendor there was going to be a Safety Section among other Sections- compatibility Section, etc.
Sadly most of what we generally see on Vendor sites is a reprint from the manufacturer.
Bottom line I know of no one here that would purposely rip into a New Member...we just wanna help and ensure the journey is safe and I guess sometimes we just get over enthused/ concerned....you know how it is especially when we've gone through something like batt failure....that time with me still sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It is a huangao universal charger and a EH imr battery

It's not a safe charger.

Good and safe chargers used by most of us here are Nitecore Intellicharge and Xtar. Pila is also good but much more expensive.

Nitecore can be purchased from Fasttech or on Amazon or from many e-cig vendors. Fasttech doesn't carry the Xtar so you'll have to Google search for best price. I only use AW IMR (red jacket) batteries, but Efest IMR brand is also good and a bit cheaper. I haven't tried the Panasonic hybrids myself so I can't recommend them. I buy my batteries from RTD Vapor; their prices are fair and they are a reputable vendor, well respected here.

Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

Good luck and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread