Overwhelmed newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLynx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
WA
I'm 2 days old in the vaping world ! Like a newborn pup I just randomly threw myself out there and just picked an ecig that looked cool :S I'm scared I made a bad mistake with my limited finances. I purchased the Blu starter kit and some cartridges because A) It looked cool (seriously lame) and B) It looked easy to use and C) not reallly much overhead. Well I've been seeing lots of horrid reviews on here and I'm scared I bought a dud ! I has worked great for me, these 2 days, but I'd rather just return it then deal with a bad cig. and pick out something better. What do you all think?

Besides my fear, I've been happy with it I suppose. I like the ease of the cartridges and the little battery pack fits snug in my purse. I've never been a heavy smoker, probably 1-8 cigs a day and trained myself not to smoke at all during the workday. I've hid it for 10 years now except from really close friends. But man is the blu easier to hide than an analog! no finding a parking lot to hide in while I smoke or spraying perfume or driving with all the windows down to blow out the smell. I live in a place where smokers are heckled and people assume you are "low-class" or "trash" if you smoke. I hate the association so I've just hid my habit :(.

Besides a headache and probably vaping too much nic to start I'm doing good. Advice on the Blu?

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Since you're a light smoker maybe the Blu is a perfect fit for you. It sounds like it from your post. I'm sometimes glad I didn't find this forum until later. I would probably STILL be reading reviews trying to decide which ecig to buy. ECF has many generous, wonderful people excited to share their experiences. What an incredible gift. You're doing great. If it's working there's no need to second-guess yourself. Congrats!

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I'm not all that familiar with Blu but I've read a few threads involving them and like any other kit there were both good and bad reviews. Most of the negative I've read were about battery life and flavors. At 1-8 cigarettes a day I wouldn't think battery life would be a big deal to you and if you're happy with the flavor it doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not you like it I would think. Blu Electronic Cigarettes I would suggest you read a little on this link and see what other owners have to say about it. We all have our favorites in equipment and flavors and usually are quick to promote them, but what works for some isn't always what's best for someone else. Congratulations on switching and I wish you success.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
Many people here have been recommending the Volt for those who are just starting out and want something that looks like an analog. However, if you don't mind something a little bigger (about cigar size) and lasts about twice as long there are many that are satisfied with the Ego/Riva. Whatever you decide the important thing is that you made a decision to quit the analogs and that is the biggest step. Now just look around and read others experience, do some research and decide where you want to go.
You are on your way.

LadyLynx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
WA
Thanks Ya'll so much! yeah the info on here is INSANE. It would probably take me a month to pick out n PV if i tried to pro-con everything. Yeah I'm not a heavy smoker, but smoked long enough to still have a pretty hard addiction. I figure a cartridge will last me 2-4 days so price isn't a huge prob with those. Glad to hear the blu might be ok, so I won't panic, yet :D. I've only tried the cherry so far, and like it. I might try another brand down the road to compare when I have a couple bucks to spare. I haven't had an analog since I started! I'm re-training my brain to look forward with joy to my little sneaky puffs on the blu.

LadyLynx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
WA
Ok so I did some research on here and decided to order a Joye 510, tried and true it seems. My boyfriend commented that there wasn't much vapor with the Blu, and thinking about it, yeah it would be nice to have more vapor and more flavor options. I'll be returning the Blu (and hopefully able to see all the carts on ebay?). Do you guys like to keep a back up cig option? maybe keep it incase something breaks or can't be immediately replaced on the Joye?

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
Do you guys like to keep a back up cig option? maybe keep it incase something breaks or can't be immediately replaced on the Joye?

Back-ups and spares are an excellent idea. You don't want to find yourself buying another pack of smokes to tide you over while you're waiting for the mailman.

Also, while many like to use one model at home, they prefer a different model when on the road or elsewhere. It doesn't hurt to have options.

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Back-ups and spares are an excellent idea. You don't want to find yourself buying another pack of smokes to tide you over while you're waiting for the mailman.

Also, while many like to use one model at home, they prefer a different model when on the road or elsewhere. It doesn't hurt to have options.

true that :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread