Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & rba Limited Edition

After the excellent Origin 18650 and OXVA-X 40w an AIO 18650 Kit arrives on the market, to say the least surprising! Chock full of really interesting parts and accessories.

Justin Lai is the young man who designed this KIT, I think it's really a fantastic job and deserves all my admiration.

Justin has managed to make a MOD that can work very well as:
    - Classic AIO DTL pod + rba
    - Pod AIO MTL classic + rba
    - Box Mod 510
    - RDTA mod with RBA

1.jpg

Enjoy the reading.

The packaging is unusually large for a sample; this is the first thing I thought of when DHL delivered the package to me.
    But there is a reason and we will see it later.

A huge red X along with the wording "OXVA Origin X Limited Edition" is what appears on the front of the box.
    The package opens like a book, the semi-transparent plastic reveals the contents.
    WOW! This was my first comment.

2.jpg

Origin X Limited Edition contains:
    1 OXVA Origin X device
    1 Pod for OXVA Origin X (3ml)
    1 OXVA Unicoil 0.2Ω range 55-60W
    1 OXVA Unicoil 0.3Ω range 30-40W
    1 OXVA Unicoil 0.5Ω range 20-25W
    1 OXVA Unicoil 1.0Ω range 10-15W
    1 Ring for adjusting the air flow for the Unicoil of 0.3Ω, 0.5Ω and 1.0Ω
    1 RBA Unicoil complete with 510 adapter
    1 Coil Ni80 0.6Ω for RBA Unicoil
    1 Drip tip 810
    1 DC Cap
    1 DC RDTA RBA Deck (3.5ml)
    2 Coil Ni80 0.35Ω for RDTA RBA Deck
    1 Origin X 510 adapter
    1 Type-C charging cable
    2 cotton mustache
    Replacement o'ring
    Replacement screws
    Multifunction screwdriver
    1 User manual in seven different languages
    1 Warranty card
    1 Warning card

The device and its numerous accessories are marked and arranged in a very neat way, a complete kit in a superior class packaging.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Specifications:
    Construction material: Zinc alloy, ABS, PCTG.
    Size: 99x25x35mm
    Weight: Pod included 100g
    Chipset: Photon Origin X
    Output power: 5-60W
    Function: Intelligence-match
    Output voltage: 3.3-3.7V
    Battery: 18650 (not included)
    Charging current: 2A (maximum)
    Charging voltage: 5V
    Supported coils: 0.15Ω-2.0Ω
    Time-Out protection (8s)
    Short circuit protection
    Overcharge protection
    Over Discharge protection
    Output Over current protection

5.jpg

6.jpg

There are currently four colors available:

7.jpg

The appearance of the OXVA Origin X maintains the family feeling of the previous versions, a light and super compact Mod with the available space exploited in the best way.

The side panels are made of light ABS material with carbon fiber finishes (my sample).
    The first of the two panels in the image below shows the writing "OXVA" with the X painted red.
    The second panel is the removable one to access the battery compartment, it is equipped with four magnets and a convenient strap to extract the battery, the + and - poles are well marked, the two pins are plated / gold, the negative pole is well springy.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The zinc alloy front is painted black and goes well with the color of the side panels.

At the top there is a shaped space that serves to hold the tanks and the 510 accessory, through an anchor tab.

Below there are two slits for the passage of air to the coils.

Further down you can see the Fire button, this button has a built-in LED signal light, the 0.96 "screen is arranged vertically.

With the same shape as the Fire button but with a slightly concave design you can see the only adjustment button.

At the bottom we find the writing "Origin X" arranged vertically.

On the back, the concave shape in the highest part of the mod allows the to lever, to facilitate the removal of the pod, the RDTA tank and also the 510 adapter.

Positioned at half height, you can see the opening to remove the side panel of the battery compartment.

10.jpg

Reactions: dreamvaper

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The internal compartment is secured to the frame by three cross screws, has two gold-plated contact pins in the center, in a decentralized position you can see the large "U" shaped magnet.

On the bottom, the Origin X has three vent holes for the battery, houses the USB Type-C socket, bears the logo for disposal and the CE mark.

11.jpg

The bottom of the Thread adapter 510 is naturally mirrored to the shape of the compartment.

The Thread 510 Adapter allows you to use any RTA, RDA or RDTA atomizer up to 25mm in diameter without overflowing.

I have tried several DL and MTL atomizers, the coil reading is accurate or at least in line with those of other my Big batteries.

The large magnet and safety tab make it a robust and well-anchored accessory.

12.jpg

Origin X Pod contains up to 3ml of liquid and integrates perfectly with the "all in one" line of the device.
    The dimensions with this AIO configuration are super compact.

The refill is made from the bottom, the rubber cap is equipped with a pin to be easily pulled and raised, the transparency for the control of the liquid is optimal, the level can be seen very well even from above.

This Pod can host all Unicoil series including the RBA Unicoil.

The Unicoil are equipped with an air regulation ring except the 0.2Ω one which is dedicated to the maximum of the Flavor.
    The Unicoil can be switched on and off simply with the push and pull method.

- Unicoil 0.2Ω range 55-60W this Mesh-Coil is the only one that cannot accommodate the air regulation ring, but there is no need, because this must be a coil with an open Puff and this is truly a coil for the Puff DL without compromise.

At 50W it has a lightning fast delivery and pushes really hard, the steam comes out a lot intense and the flavor of my liquid has become exceptional, one of the best DL coil pods ever tried! It is also certainly one of those that do not give condensation problems.

- Unicoil 0.3Ω range 30-40W this Coil surprises me because already at 25W (5W below the minimum range) it is already very aggressive, responds quickly to Fire and works very well. Of course, moving the power at 30 / 35W upwards the delivery is even more full-bodied, the amount of steam is satisfactory and the aroma of my favorite liquid is expressed at high levels, I really like it with the air flow open to the maximum or slightly closed.

- Unicoil 0.5Ω range 20-25W this Coil can be suitable for those who prefer an open Puff Mtl, at 20W closing the air becomes interesting in this sense.

- Unicoil 1.0Ω range 10-15W this coil is specific for MTL and the chipset allows its use at max 15W, with this wattage and with the open air-flow it is impressive !!! It almost looks like a cloud, closing the buttonhole and vaping at 10W the puff closes a lot, but what I liked above all is its speed of response without any delay at the Fire button, it has common characteristics also with the other Unicoil of OXVA, throws as smooth as butter and rich in aroma.
    From a coil for MTL this I did not expect, I think it is thanks to the Photon-Chip because even at 10W the Puff remains immediate, clean, smooth, aromatic and without bubbling, nothing to say also works well.

13.jpg

RBA Unicoil included in this kit uses a screwdriver, spare screws, cotton, air adjustment ring nut, pre-assembled coil and threaded bell.

The deck has two sealing o'ring, a 2mm diameter under-coil hole, the screws although small are not a problem, the coil's leg are effectively stopped by the two side feet, the two gaps for the cotton are were chosen for this deck instead of the usual buttonholes.

The threaded bell has an internal truncated cone profile of 9x8mm, the chimney is incorporated into it and has a 4mm hole and an o'ring.

The air adjustment ring nut is screwed directly to the RBA module and to the interchangeable coils (it is the same as the Uni-coils), note also the slots containing the cotton left free by the deck / chimney union for a correct liquid supply.

The 510 adapter to be screwed to the RBA is very useful for measuring the resistance obtained during regeneration, to do this we can also use our OXVA Origin X, thanks to the 510 thread adapter that intelligently transforms it into a traditional Box.

The regeneration obtained with the Ni80 coil included in the kit was 0.6Ω just as stated in the specifications by OXVA.

The 15W output with the ring completely open is comparable to that obtainable with a nautilus and 0.7Ω coil, therefore very good.
    By closing the air adjustment ring you can go down a few watts maximizing the vaping in MTL without losing too much in aroma.
    But here we should perhaps do a 28AWG regeneration in KA1 to increase in value with the resistance.

14.jpg

DC RDTA system allows you to build in dual coil thanks to a Deck fixed on a 3.5ml tank and a Top Cap with the Goon style adjustable air ring.

The tank RDTA thanks to its "L" shape remains low in profile to the full advantage of aesthetics, the refil is made from above, without the need to remove it from the Mod. As regards anchoring to the Mod, the speech is worth done previously ... It is very solid.

The RBA deck is simple to regenerate, I cut the legs to 5mm, I inserted the cotton in the slots giving the ends of the cotton a spearhead configuration.

The regeneration obtained with the standard Ni80 coils was 0.2Ω.
    With this Build I found an excellent performance at 40W, certainly at specific RDA level and dedicated to flavor.
    The regulation of the air is simple and effective and the draft of the liquid poses no problem.
    The level is easily controlled.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Deck and tank details:

17.gif

18.gif

Photon Chipset:

The Photon chip is quite minimalist in fact there are only two buttons on this mod to simplify operations, one of the advantages of this chipset is the "Intelligence-match" function that regulates the power when inserting a new Unicoil, I find it very useful to avoid premature cotton burns due to carelessness.

When inserting a new coil, the display shows "New-Coil", confirming with the selection button, the maximum allowed wattage will be automatically adjusted.

How the Mod works:

The Oled display includes all the information useful for vaping safely, on the left shows the Watts, in the center the Volts and the Ω, on the right the graph on the remaining charge of the 18650 battery.

- Five clicks to switch on accompanied by the welcome message, five clicks to switch off with the goodbye message.
    - The power is adjustable with the only selection button, reached 60W (power Max) and by pressing the button again the adjustment restarts from 5W.
    - To vape naturally, just press the Fire button, but if the Puff is longer than 8s, the safety system intervenes to block the supply.
    - The number of puffs is counted during the vape and remains in memory, to reset it, simply press the fire button and the adjustment button together for three seconds.
    - Pressing the fire button three times in two seconds we lock / unlock the mod.

19.jpg

Final thoughts:

This package of the OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA Limited Edition is really everything you can expect from such a small system, in the review I carefully evaluated every little detail or at least I think. Everything seemed well done to me, perhaps the only flaw is that of a slight play on the removable panel of the battery compartment, however it is a negligible defect, perhaps I would have liked a larger Fire button, but I have very large fingers, I might not represent the average user well.

I am not aware if this "limited edition" kit is only a Sample version for reviewers or if it will be regularly sold.
    "Basic" versions will probably also be set up with only the Mod and accessories sold separately.

In any case, I really enjoyed Justin Lai's work, I think he hit the mark making a great kit!
    Regarding OXVA, i owning the two previous versions (origin and X-40W) I would say that OXVA project it has started well and is progressing better! Good!

Pro OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA Limited Edition:
    - Complete kit
    - Power supply 18650
    - Ergonomic
    - Lightness
    - Small size and optimized space
    - Elegant style in Black Carbon Fiber coloring
    - Photon chip reactivity
    - Intelligence-match function
    - Unicoil very aromatic, flexible at different W and with different liquids
    - Unicoil performance in low wattage Flavor
    - Made the MTL very flexible from Puff closed to Puff open
    - Unicoil are among the few coils on the market that have no liquid leaks
    - Unicoil RBA with air ring for a good limited Mtl / Dl vaping
    - 510 Thread Adapter to install any atomizer
    - Dual coil RBA Tank to transform the pod into a valid regenerable RDTA system, with 3.5ML capacity

Tips OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA Limited Edition:
    - Light game of the removable panel

20.jpg

I thank Oxva for offering me the opportunity for this test: https://www.oxva.com/product/origin-x/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread