Oxva Origin vs Oxva Origin X

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Here you can check my previous review for the Oxva Origin X AIO device.

Now I'd like to compare the two models: Oxva Origin vs Oxva Origin X

The Origin model was the first device release by Oxva.
    It was at first available in 5 colours:

Now there are few more limited edition options available.
    device is very compact and light for a 18650 compact pod and looks very cool and stylish.

Although it has adjustable airflow control, the Origin is currently configured best for lower nic salts/juices with a restricted lung from open to tighter.

Specifications:

Battery: Single 18650 battery
    Chipset: Photon
    Operating mode: VW mode
    Output power: 5 – 40 watts
    Case Material: Metal + plastic
    Coils: 0.5 ohm / 0.3 ohm / 1.4 ohm / RBA
    Port: Micro-USB port

The dimensions are 32.8 mm x 23.5 mm x 113.5 mm and without an 18650, it weighs about 70 g. It uses a 3 mL plastic pod as its tank that’s concealed by a removable lightweight plastic panel.

Overall it's a great compact device without a lot of buttons and menu settings. Very good option for beginners - fresh ex-smokers who are trying to switch/quit with vaping.
    --------
    In about half a year from the Origin release an upgraded version - Oxva Origin X was released by Oxva. My review for it can be checked here.

They look pretty similar from the first sign.

They both share the same form factor, powered by a single 18650 battery,
    magnetic locking system for the pod and back panel (very comfy locking).

But the X is a true AIO device as you can add an DIY kit with an RBA tank and also a 510 adapter to use it with any 510 tanks from your collection.
    Also a rebuildable coil is available as a part of the unicoil system which includes a lot of atomizers options to satisfy all vaper needs. (MTL, RDTL, DTL, Rba)

I had zero leakage problems with both Origin and Origin X devices so far.
    Oxva claims that their L shaped pods are leak free. Looks like it's not just an advertisement like in case of some other brands.

Conclusion:

Both devices are great examples of modern, innovative and compact 18650 vapes. Not too complicated to suit even beginners. But still, offering a wide variety (especially the X model) and great flavour and clouds (both devices).
    I can recommend both of these devices to ECF.
    I'm sure, you won't be disappointed with them.

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    Thanks for the review. The wattage limit is quite a bummer though for RBA. It looks super sleek, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger on one, because of the wattage limitation. Also the RBA will sport the typical ‘squeeze off a larger air chamber’ which doesn’t really get you that satisfying tight MTL. But a great device with lots of growth for the beginning vapor for sure. And nice for the lazy ‘will build every now and then, but drop-in’s are fine too’ RDLer.

SerenaCuriosity

Sep 21, 2020
    Thanks for the review. The wattage limit is quite a bummer though for RBA. It looks super sleek, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger on one, because of the wattage limitation. Also the RBA will sport the typical ‘squeeze off a larger air chamber’ which doesn’t really get you that satisfying tight MTL. But a great device with lots of growth for the beginning vapor for sure. And nice for the lazy ‘will build every now and then, but drop-in’s are fine too’ RDLer.
    Hi Bask, thank you so much for your info. The watt limit function OXVA they have removed from their Origin X retail version. That means the vapors they are able to run the power and watt freely.
    Hopefully my info will be helpful!
    Have a good day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread