P3 Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
I have to say i am saddened that it will only do 20 watts. Why not just go to 25-30 watts guys i mean really? I can understand the 0.7 ohm limit for sure...but the dna device is honestly the hottest product out. I may just go for a Wizards apprentice dna30 instead.

Im also wondering why they are only doing a B+M soft release instead of an online sale. My local shop charges $220 for a provari mini with no kit or anything...so im pretty bummed right now...

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
P3 is great for a standard vaper like me i like all the new additions but for the ones that always complain about amp limit or watt limit provari is not for you and it has probably never been your go to mod so just enjoy your 100 watt DNA and let the general masses ( or sheepal if you choose ) enjoy our new toy

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Someone in another thread alluded to it having a 5 Amp limit, which means it won't go far past 15W on a .7Ω coil.

This thing is barely out of the Provari 2.5 playground. Barely.

I'll give it this, if the limitations of the 2.5 aren't sweating ya, this is definitely an aesthetic improvement over the older dildo.. er I mean Provari. You're certainly not gaining any added usability on the power front, that's for sure.

Hold on to your carto-tanks and Kayfuns Provarinati, you're kind of still stuck in that theatre. :D

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
Someone in another thread alluded to it having a 5 Amp limit, which means it won't go far past 15W on a .7Ω coil.

I'll give it this, if the limitations of the 2.5 aren't sweating ya, this is definitely an aesthetic improvement over the older dildo.. er I mean Provari. You're certainly not gaining any added usability on the power front, that's for sure.

Hold on to your carto-tanks and Kayfuns Provarinati, you're kind of still stuck in that theatre. :D

First off, I'm not Provarinati. I don't even own a Provari.

You can hit 17W with 0.7, but it doesn't mean anything on a regulated device. Why do people care so much about subohming on regulated devices?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY

It's a good thing that I mostly use Kayfuns anyway then. My dripper is only a once and a while thing, between work, commute, and kids at home. I think we all knew that Provape wasn't going into the sub-ohm, super powered realm. That's not what they aim to do, and that's not what I own the 2.5 for. I own them because when all my other things break, at least I can have my Provari repaired inexpensively, and I'm not the one that needs to attempt to repair it.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
20 watts a plenty and when you add the rest, like U get all the tubes, a smart error-system, customization, memoryslots and that possibility for a future hybridconnectors this one's sure to sell.
Stepdown, if it has it, is a big bonus.
Let's face it, how many tubes do we have, that can do all this, Dani, Phantom Vario and Pipeline?
The price might be an issue though, since EU is going to rise the retail a lot and there's the 23 mm...

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
First off, I'm not Provarinati. I don't even own a Provari.

I never directly addressed you, or called you a Provarinati, but hey! :D

You can hit 17W with 0.7,
Correct: Sounds like "not too far past 15W" to me.

but it doesn't mean anything on a regulated device. Why do people care so much about subohming on regulated devices?

Because it's an legitimate vaping option growing in acceptance and popularity more and more every day, generally becoming the standard way to vape an RDA, and frankly it's awesome.

Cheers

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
I never directly addressed you, or called you a Provarinati, but hey! :D
Just letting you know I'm not a fanboy :)

Correct: Sounds like "not too far past 15W" to me.
True

Because it's an legitimate vaping option growing in acceptance and popularity more and more every day, generally becoming the standard way to vape an RDA, and frankly it's awesome.
On mechanics, yes. On a 20w mod, not so much. It doesn't matter at all, actually. You can perfectly (if you want to make it dual coil) make a 1.4Ohm coil any useful size you want it if you use the right gauge wire. Sure, on high wattage devices you might want it lower because it can be hard to stay over 0.7Ohm on a quad/hex/octo build. No need to build a quad coil on a 20w device though.

Cheers :)

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
20 watts a plenty and when you add the rest, like U get all the tubes, a smart error-system, customization, memoryslots and that possibility for a future hybridconnectors this one's sure to sell.
Stepdown, if it has it, is a big bonus.
Let's face it, how many tubes do we have, that can do all this, Dani, Phantom Vario and Pipeline?
The price might be an issue though, since EU is going to rise the retail a lot and there's the 23 mm...

The price of the Provari 2.5 is the same as the Pipeline Pro here in Europe. The price of the Provari 3.0 is going to be even higher. I think I'll take another Pipeline Pro, with its smaller design, brighter screen, same high quality and lower price tag.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
It's a cool new device from them. It won't likely get me to sell my 2 Provari 2.5s, but a great step forward anyway. I'm still confused over the advantages of VW over VV? But now people who have complained can stop! In a way the simplicity of the settings on 2.5 may be an advantage for the way I vape.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    When Phil did the interview at Provape they made a point of not really being interested in sub ohm/high wattage vaping (note that Innokin has expressed the same with their new DNA board) I think it probably has more to do with perceived liabilities than anything else.

No one wants a Tom Holloway putting them out of business (like what happened with PureSmoker)

Last edited:

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Different tools for different uses. If you drive in heavy traffic on a daily basis, you probably wouldn't buy a Porshe, with a stiff clutch, as your daily driver. The Lexus luxury sedan with its cush automatic transmission serves you better. Same thing applies. The P3 seems like a good upgrade for someone who vapes cartos, clearos, or builds their RBA's higher than 1.0 ohms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread