The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PA Wormwood?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by KonaNeil, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Has anyone tried Perfumer's Apprentice Wormwood as a juice flavor? Does it give a woody note or is it a licorice flavor? Any mixing suggestions?

Is it one of those flavors like roast chicken or wet Golden Retriever that God in her great wisdom did not intend us to vape?

2. DesiG

DesiG Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2010
    Rochester NY
    I have never tried it but maybe it would be like absinthe, since that is where they get the flavoring for the drink?
    (just tried absinthe last night at a dinner party and it tastes like the decadent vapors absinthe I got from TW) yum!

3. KonaNeil

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I've had a sample around since we started to go to Linda for flavorings. I'm embarrassed that it intimidated me so much that its taken a year and a half for me to try. I was asking here, hoping someone would either say that it tasted interesting or that it was dangerous or tasted bad. Since nobody came around, I cautiously tried some tonight.

Verrrrry strong! About a fifth of a drop per 30 ml seems right. It reminds me of freshly cut pine trees with a little cut grass and hay. Pretty nice in a pipe mix or to add some dimension to any non-candy tobacco flavor. I'm still a little concerned about its use since its an oil. However, one needs so little that I don't think it will appreciably muck up an atomizer. If anyone has any verifiable info that its unhealthy, I hope they will chime in. I'd hate to save myself from a smoking death to die from vaping the wrong ingredients:-(

4. KonaNeil

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    In case the above sounds like a recommendation, it should be noted that very little if any inhalation testing has been done on wormwood.

Safety :
    Oral Toxicity(LD50) :
    Not determined
    Dermal Toxicity(LD50) :
    Not determined
    Inhalation Toxicity(LC50) :
    Not determined

5. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    I looked up Wormwood and it's currently featured only in a perfume ingredient version. No wonder it's so strong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.