• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome LadyV....(I hope this help so you can get to know be a little better) and Blue is fine for my handle.....
I do have quite a collection of cards as I love the artwork....but yes I have some that have never failed me while others are more elusive as to what they are saying and require more readings to get to the bottom of my questions.....
Tiggs I also got the Strength card today....so I suppose that's why I am getting so much done...

Well I wish I had more time today...but alas I must get ready for my second job...I did however bring home a tin of my precious stones from storage today....I got a wonderful sunshine window that I am planning on filling with them and my crystals this week maybe...I am not sure if it's too early to take the plastic off the window...there might be a late storm this year....I was thinking/feeling maybe around Mother's day....So I will have to think about when I will do that...

anyway I am off for now...but here is a video that I made last Sahmain when I did my wheel of the year........I hope you enjoy it....

CronesCauldron

Mar 4, 2017
Welcome LadyV....(I hope this help so you can get to know be a little better) and Blue is fine for my handle.....
I do have quite a collection of cards as I love the artwork....but yes I have some that have never failed me while others are more elusive as to what they are saying and require more readings to get to the bottom of my questions.....
Tiggs I also got the Strength card today....so I suppose that's why I am getting so much done...

Well I wish I had more time today...but alas I must get ready for my second job...I did however bring home a tin of my precious stones from storage today....I got a wonderful sunshine window that I am planning on filling with them and my crystals this week maybe...I am not sure if it's too early to take the plastic off the window...there might be a late storm this year....I was thinking/feeling maybe around Mother's day....So I will have to think about when I will do that...

anyway I am off for now...but here is a video that I made last Sahmain when I did my wheel of the year........I hope you enjoy it....

Hi Blue, I did enjoy watching your video. I've never seen The Wheel laid out that way. I would love to see more. I'm curious about your mention of pairs, the number of one suit or major arcana in one month or spread. What do you feel the significance of this is? Always interested in how others communicate and what cues you pick up on. I believe we all devise our own language with whatever oracles we use. It's fascinating...

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Wheel is done once a year and can be done at Samhain, New Years or even your Birthday......(your choice) and is for the whole year...it's sometimes a good way to know about the year to come.....It's the only time I actually use all those decks..my main 3 decks and the Wee folk mini for my daily card..(I do that first thing in the morning)....then when I do a ritual(monthly full moon)I usually do the 6 card spread with the Celtic & Guilded...
As for the pairs, I have this book and there is a section in it that has a listing for every pair possible....I use it a lot.....I know the short version of all the cards...but when they are next to another card it may change the way you read that card...
If you have 2 or more decks that draw the same card then obviously that was meant to be seen and is more significant (and more likely to be the correct answer)...
Being significant to me means that I better pay attention to...(not necessarily bad but at least a warning that it could turn bad depending on the card...)....so if I draw 5 sword cards that might mean I need to take action (or pay attention to my actions, or not take any action depending on the number of the cards) that month...
lots of Cups means I need to pay attention to my emotions or I am in for a roller coaster month..
Pentacles is for earthly things so it might mean a loss or a gain of items (hopefully abundance of money...lol...)
Wands means ideas...so I should listen to my ideas and decide how to put them into action...(hopefully they are good ideas and will bring abundance..)for that month...
I use this in my full readings....but I usually don't do full readings until I am doing a ritual..I used to do more but I don't have the room or time to do it as often as I did....
51HTvxZynNL._SX260_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Grimoire-G...91300899&sr=8-2&keywords=the+green+witch+book

I know I shouldn't be this chatty this late...I hope that all makes sense...
Good night everyone...

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
love watching that ..thanks for reposting ...
You are welcome Katz....it's been a long road since I did that video and I actually enjoyed watching it again too.......It's hard to believe it's 1/2 over already....

I noticed you said Pentagram, I prefer to say Pentacle...and although they are one in the same it tends to not turn other who don't know the significance of it off when mentioned....
Interestingly one of my managers at this p/t job wears one, but I haven't had the chance to talk with her about it...

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
My card today: The Tower

Sometimes, when accepted and welcomed, divine wisdom and enlightenment flow freely like a calm river. The rest of the time, wisdom is blocked until it rages forth like a tidal wave and crushes anything in its path, including the recipient of the wisdom. This is the energy of the Tower card, an energy very similar to Death in that it is both a destructive and a creative force. When a building is old and decrepit, it must be demolished so that a new structure may stand in its place. The same is true of the symbolic Tower. When old attitudes and beliefs are outdated, you will have to let go of them, whether you like it or not.

In most cases, the latter is true - you do not want to give up your ideals, and you cling to them like a child to his precious security blanket. This attempt at security ensures nothing, really, except a disastrous change that will painfully rip away that which you did not discard of your own volition. But there is a greater purpose at work here. The power of the soul and the mind is far greater than the energy of some physical thing, and it can be taken with you anywhere and always. To extend the security blanket analogy, the blanket must be taken away so the child can find power and security within himself, instead of within some material object.
When you believe material objects are more powerful than spirit and mind, you start building up a Tower of falsehoods on a very unstable foundation. If, by some miracle of engineering, it does not collapse under its own weight, you will eventually push it over yourself. The Tower falls not because Fate says so but because something within can no longer endure the strain it must bear. Sooner or later it will give out. This is a humbling experience because its lesson is that no one is invincible. The problem for most people is that they concentrate on the negatives and ignore the great opportunity that has been given to them.
The fire of the Tower card burns away all that is negative and outdated, but it leaves behind all that is positive, all that is necessary to begin your life again and replace all that was lost. In essence, this is the energy of Death and Temperance combined, because sweeping-away and building-up both happen at about the same time on the Tower. As soon as the tumbling figures on the Rider-Waite card land on the jagged rocks of reality, they are greeted with the influx of wisdom that they need to survive. And with that wisdom in hand, they can take the first step back on the true path to enlightenment: building a mental Tower to Heaven rather than a physical one.
When wisdom must be forced upon you, or when ignorance must be taken away, the Tower will appear to let you prepare yourself. If you choose to let go of what you no longer need, and accept what you do need, things will go much more smoothly and without frustration. If you ignore the warning of the Tower, however, and cling to the status quo, be prepared for a downfall. You have been oversleeping and this is your spiritual wake-up call. When the Tower is in the area, know that anything that seems secure could not really be safe at all. If a change is destined to happen, to not try to fight it, because all change happens because it is needed.
On an inner level, the destruction of Tower is akin to the breaking-down of the fortress called the ego. When you build a wall to hide your secrets or to conceal your true self, you must know that sooner or later the wall will come tumbling down. Fantasies are particularly prone to being shattered by the power of this card; the Tower dissipates them like sunlight burning away fog. Fantasies and daydreams will not help where you are going so it is best to let go of them now. Do not place your faith in illusions of security; the crown on this card must be worn on by a human head, not placed atop a tower of cold stone.
the_tower_steampunk_tarot-by-brabara-moore1.png

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
..as I was reading your ..well..reading.....the analogy of ripping off a band-aid came to mind.Tiggs..I dunno ..it just did...
..I actually feel there is benefit to a security blanket...we all have one in some form or another....take it away and we are left with a sense of unsteadiness...a loss of ...security...
yes..Im sure my brothers security blanket was fulfilling a need...but so what..I don't think he would have held on to it till he was 16 lol...and yet....what "security blankets" do we cling to now?..whether a belief that no longer serves us....or material things we no longer use but hang on to....I like the part about warning....a dog growls as a warning...snakes hiss..as a warning...ignore it and you will get worse...

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
I have four decks only.... and do not think I actually write that stuff LadyV, I copy from a site of from three books the interpretation. One deck is reserved for Blue and the other for Katz and I have had on spot readings for both.

Good "night" Blue.
..to add to that....it is not uncommon that at least 2 of us have the same card drawn...

CronesCauldron

Mar 4, 2017
You are welcome Katz....it's been a long road since I did that video and I actually enjoyed watching it again too.......It's hard to believe it's 1/2 over already....

I noticed you said Pentagram, I prefer to say Pentacle...and although they are one in the same it tends to not turn other who don't know the significance of it off when mentioned....
Interestingly one of my managers at this p/t job wears one, but I haven't had the chance to talk with her about it...

That's interesting about your manager. It's only wisdom to use caution when approaching someone on the subject of witchcraft, as so many misunderstand and fear it. They don't understand it as the loving, healing, unifying belief that unites Spirit with the elements, an ancient tradition. But rather are frightened by the lies and years of defamation from a corrupt, evil, greedy and malicious church order beginning from the renaissance thru to today...

Okay, I'll stop here on that subject. It always set a fire in my soul, that puts my emotions to doing a war dance... {and I haven't had my second cup yet... }
...It isn't easy to find others to discuss and share with, she may be open to friendly interest. I've found it particularly important to utilize all protections when approaching anyone who deals in the Old Arts, though. You never know by looking if they are actually someone with whom you'd want to affiliate. Just a note that I'm sure you are well aware. Blessings

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
yep...speaking only for myself...responsible follows knowledge..I can't claim "I didn't know " ..what I really didn't know or understand before. I always had a Patron Saint of Fool's for that..lol....now I need to be more self responsible when I choose to put myself in situations....being sensitive as I always have been...

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Soo, interesting...! Are any of you in physical contact, close proximity, with each other?
either of you two wanna field that one?! not so much physical...no....each of us brings something different to the table....how we perceive the world...the way we interact with and experience energy...our outward projecting of that..we are still learning....each of us...all of us..have our unique talents....we are still learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread