PANIC MODE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Do you have a similar pointer for a hardware getting started guide? I'd like to learn how to make my own coils so that I can keep a mod working for as long as possible.
Top air RTAs

The above thread has tons of info on a RTAs with step by step discussions. The page that thread opens on has a good list posted by Sean Hoefer. Google some YouTube videos on coil making. You’ll need wire and wick (lightningvapes.com) or premade coils (advancedvapesupply.com), an ohm meter or a mod that can read ohms (aegis solos are popular...use heatwave30 for 30% off at ejuices.com), and possibly even a coilmaster kit (elementvape.com) that will have everything you need.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
No back alley's here, by definition they are criminals so the moral fiber is questionable at best. I am not often confronted with the stupidity of vaping but, on those rare occasions, I can confidently state that I know exactly what is in my liquid and it is not anti-freeze although my stuff won't freeze.
Reminds me of something. My current doctor is an amazing person, but the one before him was, well, irritating. I went for my first visit with him a few years ago and it went like this:

"Do you smoke?"
"No but I use e-cigarettes."
"Oh, we have to do something about that."
"Do we?"

He went off on me. He was so judgmental, so harsh in his assessment that I'm doing some sort of great harm to myself. He finally says "the bottom line is you have no idea what's in that liquid."

"Yes, I know exactly what's in it. I make it myself. I also build my own heating elements."

He looked up at me slowly, eyes wide open. Stared me down for a moment, then, eureka: "Wow - I must admit you clearly know more about this than I do, and if this is your only vice then you are perhaps the healthiest young man I have met in a very long time."

It was such an incredible change of tone. And every time anyone's ever said that kind of thing to me, I proceed to tell them I make it myself and 100% of the time it causes them to bow out of the conversation respectfully.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Reminds me of something. My current doctor is an amazing person, but the one before him was, well, irritating. I went for my first visit with him a few years ago and it went like this:

"Do you smoke?"
"No but I use e-cigarettes."
"Oh, we have to do something about that."
"Do we?"

He went off on me. He was so judgmental, so harsh in his assessment that I'm doing some sort of great harm to myself. He finally says "the bottom line is you have no idea what's in that liquid."

"Yes, I know exactly what's in it. I make it myself. I also build my own heating elements."

He looked up at me slowly, eyes wide open. Started me down for a moment, then, eureka: "Wow - I must admit you clearly know more about this than I do, and if this is your only vice then you are perhaps the healthiest young man I have met in a very long time."

It was such an incredible change of tone. And every time anyone's ever said that kind of thing to me, I proceed to tell them I make it myself and 100% of the time it causes them to bow out of the conversation respectfully.
I've had that response a few times. "You don't know what's in that stuff." "Yes I do because I make it myself." Then it's usually followed by a good ole NOW S.T.F.U.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
My GP is good with vaping. I switched long enough ago that it was still a relatively new thing, provided her with some of the CASAA micrograms.

I'll likely chat with her next month about the latest state of affairs. Probably point her to Dr. Siegel's blog site.

I'm pretty straight forward, technically oriented, roll my own coils and made my own eliquid for years.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I am not ready for any kind of ban. I am thinking of ordering 3 L of nic base. I dont have any kind of mods that take batteries so I need a few of those. Im not so concerned about flavors since I can vape unflavored if necessary. As far as rta's all I have are Kayfun's and Lemo 2's. I am thinking about ordering a 2k18 doggy style from FT to see how I like it. I am tired of the leaking.
I just tried Kayfun 2019 clone with the top fill tank, I like it :) Got it on FT. I also like Berserker for MTL tank.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Do they leak?
The berserker 22 and Kayfun 2019 with topfill do not leak. Now the first time I filled the top fill on the 2019 I had the tank tipped and juice leaked until I realized to fill the tank it has to be perfectly upright LOL I was spilling it! The Berserker I bottom fill, no leaks. But not as convenient. For easy to use I like the top fill tank on the 2019, it vapes just like the Berserker.

Reactions: stols001

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_1160.JPG Kayfun 2019 with top fill tank. I have a long drip tip for a cooler vape

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The berserker 22 and Kayfun 2019 with topfill do not leak. Now the first time I filled the top fill on the 2019 I had the tank tipped and juice leaked until I realized to fill the tank it has to be perfectly upright LOL I was spilling it! The Berserker I bottom fill, no leaks. But not as convenient. For easy to use I like the top fill tank on the 2019, it vapes just like the Berserker.
Forget the Beserker. I dont want a bottom fill. Annoying. Maybe I'll pick up a couple of the Kayfun clones.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
I'm not panicking PPB. I vape unflavored, and I've stocked up for several years at least. Including coil wire. I need backup mods yet. And batteries.

But I did flavor a tank full today, just out of spite.

That’s funny and sounds like me. I haven’t ordered any new flavors in two years until the past two days. Stick it to the Man, lol

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Fasttech hasn’t loaded for me since at least yesterday. It’s starting to make me wonder what’s up.

Also beginning to wonder if I need to buy Kanthal. Maybe I’ll take this question over to the Stock Up thread...

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Fasttech hasn’t loaded for me since at least yesterday. It’s starting to make me wonder what’s up.

Also beginning to wonder if I need to buy Kanthal. Maybe I’ll take this question over to the Stock Up thread...

I would. Actually I did. You will still be able to get Kanthal on wire sites but a lifetime supply from a vape site only costs a few bucks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread