Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Think i found the culprit, again lol. The wire to one end of the battery sled isnt connected XD missed that the first go around
I can't stress enough to NOT use the crap IMREN especially with that build, seriously!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I swapped out the .05 coil to a .2 Tiger pre built, but did that about an hour ago. Something internal is going on
Good, I was worried about that.

Yeah something is screwed, might be the Mosfet or even the switch itself. Myself I don't like unregulated mod's like this and stick with Mech's. Something wrong it's most always simple to troubleshoot. But you MUST know what you're doing and pay attention to the simple rules.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
Good, I was worried about that.

Yeah something is screwed, might be the Mosfet or even the switch itself. Myself I don't like unregulated mod's like this and stick with Mech's. Something wrong it's most always simple to troubleshoot. But you MUST know what you're doing and pay attention to the simple rules.

If i do happen to get a mech mod, what would you reccomend? id prefer it to be around $100

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
OK I sniffed around a bit I'd say check out an Abaddon Clone at first, very tough to find the Authentic. You can get a Clone for around $20. Great design, hits hard and very easy to maintain.

I love the MCV Raptor G2 by MCV but that is around $300-$350, Clones around $20 on Fasttech. Again excellent design, simple to maintain.

Once you mess about with it I'm sure you will discover the benefits of them and look at the upper end.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
okay, i did look at the Tugboat V2, Thoughts on that?
Looks like a decent Tube, for Tubes my latest (affordable) favorites are Subohm Innovations Subzero X Shorty and Vaperz Cloud Nimbus. I've heard good things about the Dreamer and I do have a Broadside which is a very solid Tube.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
So i just got a parallel mech, dual 18650, and need some help. I cant seem to figure out how to build my coils, in that the ramp up time takes forever. Any tips or things i should know about building on this? It is a Ohmega BMF by the way, if anyone else has one
My single mech. :) AV. I have A dead rabbit 24 Agw , 7 wrap 2.5 mm ohms out on deck at .38 and it is a fine vape. Not too hot not too cold and safe on Samsumg 25 R's. Safe is key. May the force be with you.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I cringed reading through this thread too.

To the OP, before moving on with unregulated and mech mods, please do some more research on battery safety and ohms law. 0.05 ohm coils won't even fire on most regulated mods for a reason, putting them on a malfunctioning mech is just reckless. I am not trying to be rude, I simply fear for your safety.

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
The reason your mod is auto-firing is that the mosfet is shot. No amount of tape is going to fix it.
thank you, i may look into replacing it. Ive been waiting for a response like this instead of "read up on battery safety" like yes i know, .05 ohms is low, but i have a parallel mod, which runs quite a bit lower than series mods

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
thank you, i may look into replacing it. Ive been waiting for a response like this instead of "read up on battery safety" like yes i know, .05 ohms is low, but i have a parallel mod, which runs quite a bit lower than series mods

0.05 is going to be around 84 amps. I don't care what battery you run, two 18650s will not supply that kind of power safely. But you would know that if you knew anything about battery safety and ohms law. Building that low on an unregulated device is reckless and unnecessary. You really shouldn't be using one until you learn a few more things.

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
0.05 is going to be around 84 amps. I don't care what battery you run, two 18650s will not supply that kind of power safely. But you would know that if you knew anything about battery safety and ohms law. Building that low on an unregulated device is reckless and unnecessary. You really shouldn't be using one until you learn a few more things.
ive read up on it and know more now, yall can relax now, im not going to blow myself up. plus i only ran the .05 coils for one pull and decided that i shouldnt probably run that low. I got the coils to about .12 ohms now, and just have to replace my mosfet

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
ive read up on it and know more now, yall can relax now, im not going to blow myself up. plus i only ran the .05 coils for one pull and decided that i shouldnt probably run that low. I got the coils to about .12 ohms now, and just have to replace my mosfet

Again, I'm not trying to be rude. And I'm glad to hear you are leaning more toward the safer side. It's just that when you run a mech, it is imperative to know what you are doing. It only takes one draw on something like a 0.05 build to change a person's life forever. Especially on something that is auto-firing. The nonchalant attitudes that people go into something as serious as a mech is exactly what hurts people, and shines a negative light on the entire industry. Mechs require a lot more responsibility on their owners part, and should not be taken lightly. I apologize if I come off harsh, it just worries me thinking something like this First vape related death could happen to someone else, very easily with a super low build like you were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread