Parlament Juice Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
An original batch to compare with sounds good but it would seem that it might degrade or change with time. Wouldn't a specific formula of ingredients or a recipe make more sense?

It's also possible the character of the ingredients would/might change over time and the taste, (unless the same person was doing it months later) might be subjective.

Bur what do I know?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, I think they were being figurative with the "on the shelf" part. :loL: Then again, you may be right and that may be the real explanation for inconsistent flavors in the past. ;) But the point is, they know who the flavors are for, they will know specifically what we want them to taste like, and they have professional tasters, who are certified by SGS, to make sure we keep our flavors the same.

Last edited:

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
Consistency in the flavors has been a problem, mostly because we haven't been buying the liquid directly. We ordered our flavors from our hardware manufacturer, who in turns orders from their liquid manufacturer.

So, since the liquid manufacturer doesn't know who the end purchaser is, they have no incentive to keep samples on hand to compare new batches to old batches. I suspect that's what happened with Parliament, they didn't have a sample of parliament from the first order, and it's not a standard flavor for them.

One of the things I've been doing is setting up arrangements for us to buy our liquids directly from the liquid manufacturer. From now on we will be buying directly from the original manufacturer, will have all of our flavors made exclusively for us, and samples will be kept by the original manufacturer so every batch will match previous batches.

As part of this, all of our flavors will be remade from scratch. As I've already learned, it is not as simple as telling them to make it the same as the last batch, since they can't seperate our last order from our hardware manufacturer's other orders, and may not have saved a sample of the last batch anyway. In many cases this isn't really a problem, but in others we are basically developing the flavor all over again.

Parliament is one of those. I don't know what the original batch was like, that was before my time. But the new one we are developing now is not the same as the last yellow-green labeled one. It has a smokier character, almost reminiscent of Hickory smoke.

But since we have the opportunity, why don't you guys tell us what it SHOULD taste like? How would you describe a proper Parliament taste? I've tried, but I absolutely cannot find any Parliament cigarettes here, either to give to the flavor engineers, or to compare the taste for myself.

Thanks for posting this Leaford. That explains a lot! Most companies are not so forthcoming with the reasons why things don't go as planned; yet another reason why V4L will continue to be my only supplier. :thumbs:

Mactrick

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Ventura, CA
I ordered a 5-pack of Parlament with my kit, because those were the analogs that I've been smoking for the past 10 years. These carts came with a pea-green label, and while not 100% accurate (is that even possible?) it's not an offensive taste to me.

Now, admittedly, my taste buds are probably trashed right now but it has a sort-of "broad" nutty flavor. The Kamel, which was thrown in as a freebie ('preesh!) has a more neutral tobacco flavor with a smokiness that I think may be missing from the Parlament. I've got an open pack of Parliaments that I put down after my kit arrived, but I loathe to go and try one to compare.

Maybe I will — in the interest of science — take one for the team.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
You had it covered Leaford! Good job!

I'd love to know about the new end caps you tried out around Christmas time, are we in for a change or was it a bust?

You know, thanks for the reminder. I've been so busy that kind of fell by the wayside. I didn't have any problems with them, and sent some samples to Steve for his opinion, and just basically forgot to follow up. It's probably too late to get them in time for this order, but maybe it can still be done; I'll see what I can do. :thumb:

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
But since we have the opportunity, why don't you guys tell us what it SHOULD taste like? How would you describe a proper Parliament taste? I've tried, but I absolutely cannot find any Parliament cigarettes here, either to give to the flavor engineers, or to compare the taste for myself.

I smoked Parliaments for years and I loved the cartos I got too - but that was months ago and like you, I'm not into vaping the tobacco flavors much these days. I have not tasted the new batch flavor. So, I have to rely on memory:

• Slightly peppery flavor
  • Not sweet
  • A bit harsher than other tobaccos. (Charcoal has to factor in there somehow.)
  • Clean - not cloying
  • No heavy aftertaste like other tobaccos.

I know this is probably of zero help to you but that's the best I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread