Parlament Juice Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischief

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
St Augustine, FL, USA
I loved the "old" blue label Parliaments too, Sawlight. How could the flavor have changed so drastically, I wonder. I mean, they have a recipe, I assume. Why the heck did they change it? Very frustrating when consistency disappears. I'm smoking Kant cartos and like them. I'm afraid when they're gone...what will the new Kant taste like?

milky

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not a change in the juice recipe, but a change in the components for one of the ingredients used to create the juice flavor.

i.e. V4L juice maker (Company A) uses base flavors of Caramel #1, Mocha #2 and Cappucino #3 to create Key Lime Pie. They purchase those flavorings from Company B. Company B makes a small change to the ingredients they use to create Mocha #2, but doesn't think much of it. However, it ends up changing the overall flavor of the Key Lime Pie juice that Company A creates.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but if it did happen, I think it's a reasonable assumption that it happened quite innocently. Just kind of weary-eyed from watching this continuing saga.

Like many, I've tried liquid from more than a handful of other vendors (8 and counting), seeking the elusive Holy Grail(s) of e-liquid. Not everything has hit the target, this includes some of the V4L liquids I bought to refill carts. But I chalk that down to my changing taste buds, and the realization that in a market like this, stuff happens. Hell, it even happens with the specialty juice makers/suppliers that people rave about.

The stuff I can count on is that Steve and Leaford (and crew) are working their asses off to make things the best they can be.

While I don't think that it's wrong to bring something to their attention, it's a little played-out IMO.

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Thats exactly what I was saying Milky about the possible reason for the change and could be investigated.

I think we need to be patient with people who need to air issues, we all know the V4L crew is working on it but this is the best place in the world to talk about issues in a reasonable fashion and get support. I know I get snippy with those I feel are trolls and/or taking advantage of V4L's commitment and generosity but I don't think that is the case here at all.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I've pointed out many small things over time, I had no problems doing so. I've reworked carto's with a dremel to make them work and worked with Leaford on how to measure and correct the problem.
I noticed a difference in taste between the blue and the green/yellow carto's, but learned to like the green yellow alright.
I was pumped when they got the juice in, I was most likely the first person to order it, thats how pumped I was.
I have even PM'd Steve and Mark on occasion to alert them to problems other forum members have had to help both parties.
But this is a thread that has been ongoing for a while now, and yes I understand they are busy, but I am not the only one that is noticing a MAJOR problem with this.
Perhaps I too have become spoiled by the customer service, but I had hoped they would have seen this and given a reply or at least tried it by now.
I'm not asking for a refund, if someone wants this stuff I'll send it to them for free and find something more to my liking, but this is a QC issue that needs addressed regardless of my feelings.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Parlament is one of those flavors that we have had some issues with. Allegedly the recipe was not changed, but obviously the first batch of carts was different from the second batch. The juice that was sent was supposed to the same as the first batch. I DID taste the Parlament juice when it came in, I thought it tasted more like the original Parlament carts, but more tobacco-y. I'm really not big on tobacco flavors any more, so I can't really go by my taste. We went so far as to have several Parlament samples sent that were all slightly different. So on the next order we expect to have the original (dark blue) Parlament carts back in stock. If you received some Parlament juice and you aren't happy with it, just let us know and we will make it up to you.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Consistency in the flavors has been a problem, mostly because we haven't been buying the liquid directly. We ordered our flavors from our hardware manufacturer, who in turns orders from their liquid manufacturer.

So, since the liquid manufacturer doesn't know who the end purchaser is, they have no incentive to keep samples on hand to compare new batches to old batches. I suspect that's what happened with Parliament, they didn't have a sample of parliament from the first order, and it's not a standard flavor for them.

One of the things I've been doing is setting up arrangements for us to buy our liquids directly from the liquid manufacturer. From now on we will be buying directly from the original manufacturer, will have all of our flavors made exclusively for us, and samples will be kept by the original manufacturer so every batch will match previous batches.

As part of this, all of our flavors will be remade from scratch. As I've already learned, it is not as simple as telling them to make it the same as the last batch, since they can't seperate our last order from our hardware manufacturer's other orders, and may not have saved a sample of the last batch anyway. In many cases this isn't really a problem, but in others we are basically developing the flavor all over again.

Parliament is one of those. I don't know what the original batch was like, that was before my time. But the new one we are developing now is not the same as the last yellow-green labeled one. It has a smokier character, almost reminiscent of Hickory smoke.

But since we have the opportunity, why don't you guys tell us what it SHOULD taste like? How would you describe a proper Parliament taste? I've tried, but I absolutely cannot find any Parliament cigarettes here, either to give to the flavor engineers, or to compare the taste for myself.

Michelle43

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
North Dakota
Consistency in the flavors has been a problem, mostly because we haven't been buying the liquid directly. We ordered our flavors from our hardware manufacturer, who in turns orders from their liquid manufacturer.

So, since the liquid manufacturer doesn't know who the end purchaser is, they have no incentive to keep samples on hand to compare new batches to old batches. I suspect that's what happened with Parliament, they didn't have a sample of parliament from the first order, and it's not a standard flavor for them.

One of the things I've been doing is setting up arrangements for us to buy our liquids directly from the liquid manufacturer. From now on we will be buying directly from the original manufacturer, will have all of our flavors made exclusively for us, and samples will be kept by the original manufacturer so every batch will match previous batches.

As part of this, all of our flavors will be remade from scratch. As I've already learned, it is not as simple as telling them to make it the same as the last batch, since they can't seperate our last order from our hardware manufacturer's other orders, and may not have saved a sample of the last batch anyway. In many cases this isn't really a problem, but in others we are basically developing the flavor all over again.

Parliament is one of those. I don't know what the original batch was like, that was before my time. But the new one we are developing now is not the same as the last yellow-green labeled one. It has a smokier character, almost reminiscent of Hickory smoke.

But since we have the opportunity, why don't you guys tell us what it SHOULD taste like? How would you describe a proper Parliament taste? I've tried, but I absolutely cannot find any Parliament cigarettes here, either to give to the flavor engineers, or to compare the taste for myself.

Interesting as it is, I don't think the green carts taste anything like the parlament analogs. I compared it to my BF's analog. I never tried the blue carts.

Whatever is in the green carts is what I LOVE! I think I am going to just order a bunch of carts.

Do you have any of the Green carts there in China to taste?

As far as the Juice (Thanks again Mark ;) ) I am going to keep the ones I got and play with mixing it with other flavors. I am actually looking forward to seeing if I can create something yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread