PART 8 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    i have some short ribs in the fridge, gotta figure out how to cook 'em tomorrow

If their beef might try the crock pot,i smoked some the other night didn't care for them I'll stick with pork from now on :2c:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    If their beef might try the crock pot,i smoked some the other night didn't care for them I'll stick with pork from now on :2c:

I'd bow to OBG's suggestions when it comes to cooking meat... but I was thinking along the same lines.

If they aren't going to be smoked... then the crock pot can ensure you get tender ribs.

Another way... is to put whatever kind of rub or even dry onion soup mix on them, double wrap them in aluminum foil and toss them in a pyrex dish to catch any drippings that may leak out... long cook them in the oven as you would a roast ( temp and time wise ). After they are done, if you have time, take them out and put them into a fridge to cool down and so they have time to absorb the juices back into them. Then reheat and sauce them the way you want.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    yep, there beef been browsing through MANY recipes looks like I'm gonna give 'em a seer in cast iron then into the crock pot. wine, tomato paste, onions, garlic celery, various herbs maybe some carrots. a lot of recipes call for seeing the ribs cooking the veggies adding wine/tomatoes and then into the oven with the duct oven, i currently don't have a duct oven, i should but it don't so the slow cooker it is,,,,,,,,,, the 'ole crock pot hasn't let me down yet!

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    I'd bow to OBG's suggestions when it comes to cooking meat... but I was thinking along the same lines.

If they aren't going to be smoked... then the crock pot can ensure you get tender ribs.

Another way... is to put whatever kind of rub or even dry onion soup mix on them, double wrap them in aluminum foil and toss them in a pyrex dish to catch any drippings that may leak out... long cook them in the oven as you would a roast ( temp and time wise ). After they are done, if you have time, take them out and put them into a fridge to cool down and so they have time to absorb the juices back into them. Then reheat and sauce them the way you want.

yes, quite a few recipes suggest cooking them and then refrigerating for a few hours or even night than reheating, i'll probably go that route next time. but i'll plan ahead for it

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    yep, there beef been browsing through MANY recipes looks like I'm gonna give 'em a seer in cast iron then into the crock pot. wine, tomato paste, onions, garlic celery, various herbs maybe some carrots. a lot of recipes call for seeing the ribs cooking the veggies adding wine/tomatoes and then into the oven with the duct oven, i currently don't have a duct oven, i should but it don't so the slow cooker it is,,,,,,,,,, the 'ole crock pot hasn't let me down yet!

Sounds like a plan I know for sure the smoker ain't the way to go :laugh:

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    yes, quite a few recipes suggest cooking them and then refrigerating for a few hours or even night than reheating, i'll probably go that route next time. but i'll plan ahead for it

I have another rack in the freezer and their going in the crock pot for sure,I was even thinking about beef soup of some kind :)

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    AWESOME i caught the teaser about this before the jump while flipping through the news channels but didnt catch the actual story,,,,,,, when wacthing the news i cant stay on one channel for very long or i'd prolly have to take a shot gun to the TV

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    don't take this as an endorsement for or against either one of these idiots and i don't want to start any kind of political crap here, I just thought this was clever in the WAY it is written not necessarily the content

the idea is reading from top to bottom = Trump, bottom to top = Hillary

13681029_1197537443672641_1057048546241763723_n.jpg

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    don't take this as an endorsement for or against either one of these idiots and i don't want to start any kind of political crap here, I just thought this was clever in the WAY it is written not necessarily the content

the idea is reading from top to bottom = Trump, bottom to top = Hillary

13681029_1197537443672641_1057048546241763723_n.jpg

They put Clinton on the right and Trump on the left :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    I gots a big bowl of mint chocolate chip here :drool:
    i don't have any ice cream, was in the store looking over the options and decided to get some plums & peaches instead,, seemed like a good idea at the time

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    Good evening y'all, hope everyone had a great Saturday. :)
    I wish we had more info on how many bought one. There's only a handful that have posted they received one.
    I disagree that most are having problems. I'm not, several others are using theirs just fine.

Swap out for the deeper connector, put the included washer under the atty, put the spare screw in the empty hole for the negative contact, and use it.

View attachment 570663
    0625161321-1-jpg.570663
    I've gotta PM Paul, the other 510 didn't come included with my stuff. I've already put the spare screw into the extra hole, so I won't have to trim off any wrap from my batteries. How are you liking yours?

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocket City
    I've gotta PM Paul, the other 510 didn't come included with my stuff.
    How are you liking yours?

It working fine. My only squonker.
    It's all I've used since I got the atty modified.

Might be worth trying the insulator from an old Kanger tank (as mentioned in the thread).

I haven't tried it yet since the o-ring and and deeper shell works OK.
    My only issue is the center pin keeps sliding down so my atty sits different than I want. Single coil and I want the air holes on one side.

I'm thinking about switching back to the shallow shell and trying the Kanger insulator.

Also trying to make a brass shell to thread for my FDV 510. I don't have proper tools to drill and thread the SS. But 13mm brass rod is hard to get (found some in Europe) and the lathe I have access to doesn't ha e a knurling tool to use the 1/2" rod I can get.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread