Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I know of two types of passthroughs. One is just a small tube with a usb cable on it to connect to a USB port for power. Never used that. But know some that have with an adapter you can use it in the home or car. No internal battery. The other is the Ego passthrough type had one when I had two mods die in the same week. It is a 3.7volt output I believe so you have to pick your resistance carefully and the selection in battery size is not great. A regular mod if it has a usb port connector does not pass through that voltage only charges the battery. I have not seen a VV passthrough but they make one. Other mods that use the port to charge are wide in choice. Tube mods can't be compared as they have replaceable batteries and they charge outside the mod. Advantage in the passthough battery is that you can plug it into an adapter and vape if the battery is low. That is the extent of my knowledge. Hope this helps. Hopefully someone else knows more as I quit messing with them months ago and a lot can happen in that time. OH my passthrough only lasted like 5 months. It was a 1000mah Ego I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread