The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Passthrough compatibility

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by lynchite, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lynchite

lynchite Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2008
    North West UK
    I bought a USB passthrough for my DSE901 atmomizers but I was wondering if any other model of atomizer is compatible with this passthrough?

If they are compatible with others, which is the best atomizer for vapour? I'm finding I really have to strain my neck to get a decent hit off a 901 atomizer at the moment, I've been through about 7 of them and only been vaping since last september... I must be doing something wrong :(

2. Iken

Iken Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    To my knowledge, which isnt that much. Would only be the RN-4075

3. lynchite

Oct 14, 2008
    North West UK
    Thanks,

Is the RN-4075 any better than the 901?

4. 2fer

2fer Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2008
    N.E. Ohio
    Check out The Jaxx Method of atomizer resurrection under "Tips and Tricks"

5. lynchite

Oct 14, 2008
    North West UK
    Thanks for that jaxx method, it's genius! The ony maintainance tip that has actually worked very well for me!! Glad I didn't bin all those old atomizers now :)

6. OutWest

OutWest Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Oklahoma USA
    From what I've read on here, the RN4075 is a copy of the DSE901 and the main difference (besides different mfg) is that the RN4075's atomizer is overclocked by 15%, resulting in more vapor but slightly shorter battery life, slightly shorter cart life, and slightly shorter atomizer life.

Also from what I've read on here, the way to tell for sure which one you have (since the RN4075 is often called a DSE901) is to look at the battery. If it has SBL SLB on it, it's a true DSE901.

@all - if any errors, please correct me

edit - edited to correct SBL to SLB. Post I got SBL from apparently had a typo.]

7. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Mine says SLB?

8. OutWest

OutWest Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Oklahoma USA
  9. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Kind of offtopic, but since I can't post a new thread, I will ask here: What is the cheapest/best usb passthrough available for 901's? I am dying to try one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.