Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Drozd,

I don't have any gear to speak of as I just started myself; I have four batteries (one of them doesn't like me much), but I'll be happy to share some of my cartos in tobacco flavors (unused and unopened, of course). I'll be happy to send them to the person you find most needing our help.

Thanks for doing this.

Katya...that's awesome...don't let me make the decision for you though..watch the posts that happen here...choose someone who's story moves you, surprise them..

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
We've ALL been treated very well by members of this subforum. I can't say how many generous folks there are here who came through for me when I was in need.

It's no trouble...we've been there!

I cannot reiterate this enough! I know there is probably no way I can make up for what has been given to me from this forum! But I'm sure happy to step in and help when I can! These people have shown me generosity beyond my wildest dreams!

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I am definately NOT the most deserving person, but what I wouldn't do for an old style USB PT!!!

Please keep in mind the only item I am vying (and begging and pleading) for is the old style USB PT, and I completely agree that your other items should definitely go to a more deserving vaper.

I am a full-time college student (late in life) and I am on a budget, but I do own my own house and car ~ so I am not exactly "financially" deserving and will not plead my case as such.

Included in my very first E-Cig Kit order, that I recieved in January, was an old style USB PT. I fell in LOVE with that PT. I used it almost exclusively, barely touching my other Batts. I loved that PT so much, It was my best friend, I even gave it a name ~ George. Ok, not really ~ but nonetheless I was very fond of it. About two weeks went by and George started shorting out, until a few days later ~ it was completely dead. The completely AWESOME V4L team learned of my problem and graciously replaced the item. However, it was replaced with the new style USB PT and it just wasn't the same. I would occassionally take George out of my vaping tackle box and gently caress him, and hug him and squeeze him, and call him...George, and I would reminisce about the wonderful times we shared......EERRRRKKKKK....Okay not really, just trying to add a bit of humor. Seriously though, I do not know if it was my relunctance to let this <dead> USB Batt go, or if it was just because I was too busy with school and just now got the chance because of spring break but I LITERALLY just mailed George back to the V4L team THIS AFTERNOON! (Where I hope he will recieve a proper burial)

I am generally a nice person and I try to do nice things for others whenever I can. I believe there are even a couple of members on the forum that would vouch for me as I've done nice things for them, even sent someone I didn't know some items (free) just because he needed them! In fact, in the order I just placed this evening I ordered two Batteries for a friend of a friend who has even less money than I do and would like to quit smoking, and I would like to introduce her to the wonderful world of vaping. I will give her some cart's, some juice, and a charger to go with them as well.

I know that I might not be the most deserving person on the forum, but I promise that I would give your USB PT a VERY GOOD home and It would mean the world to me to have one of the Old Style Passthroughs, you know, a cousin to George! I would even be willing to give you $$. I could send you a check so that we could avoid PayPal. I am an honest person.

Thank you for your consideration of me as a possible candidate for your unwanted USB PT.

Humbly Yours,

Mary

**Edit for P.S.** I would also HAPPILY throw in an UNUSED USB PT along with Cartomizer and Attomizer for the Joye 510 to go in as trade to the lucky recipient of your supplies!

Last edited:

Michelle43

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
North Dakota
I am definately NOT the most deserving person, but what I wouldn't do for an old style USB PT!!!

Please keep in mind the only item I am vying (and begging and pleading) for is the old style USB PT, and I completely agree that your other items should definitely go to a more deserving vaper.

I am a full-time college student (late in life) and I am on a budget, but I do own my own house and car ~ so I am not exactly "financially" deserving and will not plead my case as such.

Included in my very first E-Cig Kit order, that I recieved in January, was an old style USB PT. I fell in LOVE with that PT. I used it almost exclusively, barely touching my other Batts. I loved that PT so much, It was my best friend, I even gave it a name ~ George. Ok, not really ~ but nonetheless I was very fond of it. About two weeks went by and George started shorting out, until a few days later ~ it was completely dead. The completely AWESOME V4L team learned of my problem and graciously replaced the item. However, it was replaced with the new style USB PT and it just wasn't the same. I would occassionally take George out of my vaping tackle box and gently caress him, and hug him and squeeze him, and call him...George, and I would reminisce about the wonderful times we shared......EERRRRKKKKK....Okay not really, just trying to add a bit of humor. Seriously though, I do not know if it was my relunctance to let this <dead> USB Batt go, or if it was just because I was too busy with school and just now got the chance because of spring break but I LITERALLY just mailed George back to the V4L team THIS AFTERNOON! (Where I hope he will recieve a proper burial)

I am generally a nice person and I try to do nice things for others whenever I can. I believe there are even a couple of members on the forum that would vouch for me as I've done nice things for them, even sent someone I didn't know some items (free) just because he needed them! In fact, in the order I just placed this evening I ordered two Batteries for a friend of a friend who has even less money than I do and would like to quit smoking, and I would like to introduce her to the wonderful world of vaping. I will give her some cart's, some juice, and a charger to go with them as well.

I know that I might not be the most deserving person on the forum, but I promise that I would give your USB PT a VERY GOOD home and It would mean the world to me to have one of the Old Style Passthroughs, you know, a cousin to George! I would even be willing to give you $$. I could send you a check so that we could avoid PayPal. I am an honest person.

Thank you for your consideration of me as a possible candidate for your unwanted USB PT.

Humbly Yours,

Mary

**Edit for P.S.** I would also HAPPILY throw in an UNUSED USB PT along with Cartomizer and Attomizer for the Joye 510 to go in as trade to the lucky recipient of your supplies!

Is that a manual or auto PT you are looking for?

Paw Paw helped me out when mine died and he actually sent me 2. If your old one was an auto or you are wanting an old style auto pt I would be happy to send 1 to you. I am sure PawPaw would be proud of me for sharing his gift.

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Through PM Michelle43 has graciously offered to send me her Old USB PT. Everyone please remember to give *Kudos* to her for paying it forward. I would like to do the same. Drozd ~ if you send me your mailing address I will gladly send some supplies for you to add to the care package recipient.

*Drozd ~ I still wouldn't turn down your USB PT though ~ and would gladly offer my BRAND NEW Joye 510 PT to replace it with ~ whoever gets the package might not mind having it as it will give them some variety to their vaping supplies!*

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Through PM Michelle43 has graciously offered to send me her Old USB PT. Everyone please remember to give *Kudos* to her for paying it forward. I would like to do the same. Drozd ~ if you send me your mailing address I will gladly send some supplies for you to add to the care package recipient.

*Drozd ~ I still wouldn't turn down your USB PT though ~ and would gladly offer my BRAND NEW Joye 510 PT to replace it with ~ whoever gets the package might not mind having it as it will give them some variety to their vaping supplies!*

Well thanks for the offer MaryMarcelle, I just might take you up on this..send me a PM at some point and we'll discuss..might be easier depending on what it is to direct it directly to the recipient when I figure it out..expecially if I split the stuff up to cover more than one person...

BrokenAlice

Mar 8, 2010
Colorado
I knew others were in more need than me - Jeez, you guys got me wanting to send out my PCC and two batteries to some of ya, LoL.
Lots of love in this forum!!

Im new to the E-cig stuff and should get my starter kit this week. I was going to try to go for the stuff but i only lost my job after 11 years do to layoffs.So i am going to have to nominate Brokenalice. Good luck with the test.

Thanks Bro! I walked out of the test felling better than I thought I would- so hopefully I didn't completly bomb it... Could go either way, I guess. Will still feel like a miracle if I somehow pulled it off though. Have to wait a month to find out- how dumb is that? Since it was on a computer you'd think they could just tally it up right when you're finished, right? Nuh uh- must be more fun to make me sweat it for a month. Not cool.

We'll be back on track sometime soon, joeprax!! Best of luck to you- and everyone in this thread for that matter! Take care!

amrdh5

Mar 12, 2010
Williamston,SC
I would like the kit to give to my aunt and uncle. They have really had a bad two years.

My aunts daughter commited suicide in March of 2008. My aunt now has custody of her two grandchildren. She is going through a horrific custody battle with the children's fathers. She will find out results today if they get to keep them.

If all that isn't enough to go throuh her husband, my uncle, found out he has pancreatic cancer last year. He is scheduled for surgery the end of this month after going through months of chemo and radiation. They both smoke ALOT especially now since they are going through all this. I have tried to talk to them about PV's but they just can't afford one right now.

The dr. told my uncle that he HAS to give up smoking and I believe that if he has a PV that he could do that. I really don't think he will give up smoking if he doesn't have an alternative. They have both tried all the other ways to quit but with no success.

They need something very simple to use and that they don't have to put too much thought into. I feel like the kit would be great for them.

Last edited:

GalenaNina

Jan 23, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like to share my story with everyone simply because any chance I get to share it I TAKE! I don't do it because I want a pat on the back but because I want to help other women who might be in similar situations the chance to realize they too can break the cycle. By cycle I mean the cycle of domestic violence/ and or abuse. I am a survivor of both. I am 3 years sober from an addiction to prescription pills. It actually began when I was in an abusive relationship which ended 7 years ago. I am now free of my abuser. He is in prison and will be there for the next year. My life went from rock bottom to what I now consider going down the right track. I have made several baby steps in the right direction including the obvious which was quitting cigarettes as of December 27, 2009. I also got my GED which was just the most amazing feeling to me even at the age of well lets just say I was long past the age I should have been :p I had no drivers license for 5 years and never imagined being able to get it back because the hoops you have to jump through are INSANE and the price one has to pay after losing it is really HIGH. I was able to find some old baseball cards my uncle started me collecting from when I was a young girl that had built value and sold them on craiglist. They not only paid for my finess but also helped me with my first years insurance. I think the day I went into that BMV and retook my drivers test really was the moment I realized I was on the path to a new life and would never look back. I have manged to transform from a pill seeking mom who didnt care about anyone or anything to a mother who credits every bit of her recovery to the 2 girls I call my heros. If I hadn't gotten pregnant with my youngest daughter there is no doubt in my mind that I would still be on pills this day. My oldest is now 10 and you would have no idea she has been through anything. She is a great kid who is my best friend. I coach her softball team and cheerleading squad and have done so the past 3 years. On top of that I am the class room mother. I get to be the lucky one (I say that sarcastically lol) to throw all the parties and work closely with the pto. I never thought I'd be a PTO MOM! I am currently ready to make my next baby step and attend college with the hopes of taking web design.

My dream is to open a non profit foundation that will help women who have survived addiction and domestic violence because I believe alot of times they go hand in hand. There is so much help out there for those who want to become sober but for someone who has already broken that cycle and needs a hand up to get on their feet and start a new life there isnt help readily available. I scoured the net looking for a hand up and didnt have much luck.

I currently sit here healthy and happy for the first time in a long time. Alot of women fall back into the cycle because they don't have the support of family and the friends they have are usually from the life they led before sobriety. I know how easily it could have been for me to fall back but for some reason I felt this pull on me to stay strong so that I could be there for my girls. Not to mention be there to help other women so they dont have to be alone like I was. I dont have the family support and other than a few friends I talk to every now and then I have learned to live in the now and not dwell on what I dont have. While my parents are there for my children they don't believe in addiciton and feel I should be ashamed.

I am slowly working on a website that will hopefully give others a chance to learn about electronic smoking and motivate someone to take that last addiction and cut it out of their lives. Its a long work in progress. Being a total noob when it comes to designing websites and marketing its very challenging. Im taking my time and using tutorials which I enjoy much more than I expected before. I have the time right now due to a broken leg I was slowed down by. which resulted in surgery 2 months ago. I'm just hopeful that I can spread the word on addiction and abuse to other women and let them know that if I can do it ANYONE CAN!! I did my best to put into words so many feelings and emotions but it just is impossible to find they right words for my emotional journey.

Thanks for reading this and if you know anyone who struggles from something similar and just needs to vent or wants some advice just drop me a line. I have a joye 510 right and its great! I am on the search for cheap batteries and atty as well as juice! I can't afford a lot so if anyone knows of cheap but quality products please let me know! Again, Thanks so much :)

JonnyRex04

Jan 8, 2010
WI
Well, there is always someone who's got it worse but my hubby & I have had quite a ROUGH year.
It all started on St. Patty's Day of 09, I got laid off I know I was chosen because I had been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (chronic pain all over) and missed a lot of work due to doctors appointments.
I am still laid off, my husbands car has broken twice since then and mine is currently out of commission for the second time in 2 months due to a broken turbo (BOTH TIMES)! So, we have shelled out over $3000 to fix cars, not to mention another $10,000 in medical bills.
Our water heater broke and leaked all over our basement in December (cost us $900 to fix/install)
Then, this January, my health took a turn for the worse. I woke up and the right side of my face & right arm/hand were completely numb. Worried that I was either having a stroke or something else in my brain...we rushed to the doc.
After having several tests done, they finally decided that I needed an MRI on my brain to rule out MS.
As you can imagine, we were hoping&Praying for the best....
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in February (at 26 years old, we are dealing with quite a lot right now)
As I sit here crying, I KNOW it could be MUCH worse, but we might lose our home because the medical bills keep rolling in and just do not have the money to keep up with mortgage.
I am VERY overwhelmed and have been a wreck since the diagnosis. My grandmother on my dad's side, died a slow and painful battle with MS before I was born and I am scared as hell that I will be in a wheelchair before I'm 40. I already walk with a cane on bad days...
SO, although Jon and I were married May 24, 2009..this has been the WORST year of our LIVES & 8 years as a couple.
I try to stay positive but things are tough. I have still not found a job and we are struggling with so many finance issues that my stress level is out of control which only makes the pain worse. I can barely walk somedays....the mix of Fibromyalgia & MS is SO EXTREMELY painful...
WOW, I sound like a Debbie Downer, huh? I know our situation is not the worst it could be.....but I just don't know how much more we can take...
Vaping is the only thing that I really look forward to and we haven't been able to afford in months...running low on carts & I have problems refilling but I'm thinking that we will be forced to due to $$.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I just want to say thank you all for writing that did...While I certainly wish I had more to pass on to everyone, I simply don't...and now I'm faced with some very hard choices..most likely I will be trying to figure out a logical way to split what I do have so that I can at least cover 2 or possibly 3 people...
I'm not going to take the choice lightly but I will send out some PMs on Sat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread