PC pass-thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys ....one of my batteries just died so I'm charging another right now. But I using a mad vapes pass thru right now to vape. It is connected directly to my pc's usb and working like a champ. How long before or what are the chances of it messing up my usb port? I seem to remeber pass thru's messing the usb somehow. Not worried that its going to fry my motherboard like some in here because in the past at work I use a pass thru all day for almost a yr with it messing up the pc, but on my home pc I noticed that the usb port would have trouble with data transfer for headsets, smartphone and such.....or is it just a 50/50 chance type of deal? lol .....I should be able to get a wall source for the pass thru by the 15th of Oct , but hopefully sooner. Do you think my poor usb port will make it thru the next week or so unharmed? lol

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
Well, it depends :). All usb ports have some sort of self-resettable fuse that should protect itself from over-current (it could be one fuse per multiple ports or one fuse per port, which is better but more rare). I could say more if you supply me with your motherboard model.

BTW I was thinking that short drags are safer, but than I remembered about Ohm's law: I=U/R (where I is current, U - voltage and R - resistance). Taking into account that with longer puffs atomizer gets hot and increases resistance the current should drop down. But it requires practical experiment to find out what is better: bigger current in smaller amount of time or lower current in more extended period :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread